Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear TigerNet from an Oregon Duck
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1

Dear TigerNet from an Oregon Duck

Sep 3, 2018, 10:58 PM

A good buddy of mine wrote this for me to post. He took me to Autzen to the Duck/Stanford game and it made me a Duck fan because those folks are the truth out there. Great folks and great fans. Remind me of Clemson folks. Here is what he sent me:

Dear Tigerboard: I have hated Florida State before I even knew who they were. I grew up in Oregon and loved Barry Bonds. I watched the 1992 NLDS with more interest than the Santa tracker. I listened to these idiots in Atlanta do their chant and tomahawk chop relentlessly, and swore I would hate the Bravos forever... still do. I watched that broke #### Sid Bream get tagged out at home plate, but get called safe by some f'ing umpire that must have been a Semenhole.

As I grew older and football became more available on tv, I soon recognized that obnoxious chant with another #### team. As a Pac kid and into adulthood, I never had another reason to hate Free Shoes other than their continuation of that chant (I ditched the Pirates and picked up the Ms like a good child of the NW) and their general reputation for scumbaggery.

I have a good Clemson die hard buddy at Parris Island who turned me onto ACC football and got me interested in the shame of the Criminoles and Cluckers, to name a few. I'm a two time Oregon alumni. Die hard. I was especially pleased to watch Marcus Mariota go toe to toe with Shameis Winston and obliterate them with some "##### ###" Pac 12 football. I expect the scent of Free Shoe shame could be smelled well into the Carolinas. We had to wash our jerseys for sure.

Then came "Judas" Taggart. Slick Willie. Dude comes in slithering in snake oil. He didn't rate the Oregon job. He sold kids on team, family, and honesty. Dude never had any interest in honoring his said commitment to the team. Was there less than 12 months and left us scrambling to keep a class.

I know that the Tiger Board may have their opinions about the west coast and Oregon, that's fine, but we're not a stepping stone. Judas can take his snake oil ### to free shoes, be exposed as the used car salesman he is, and lose to the Tigers ten times a decade.

Bottom line, Clemson is coming for you, Willie. More importantly, Oregon and Mario, is coming for you, and HELL is coming with us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear TigerNet from an Oregon Duck

Sep 3, 2018, 11:16 PM

Lived in Portland for a year and then North to Seattle area. Became a big Ducks fan at the time because they were awful and the Husky fans were obnoxious as dog hair. I wore my Clemson gear for 8 years before getting back south. I never made a game to Autzen but have continued following the Ducks all this time and have a few shirts and hats. Tiger first! Ducks second!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear TigerNet from an Oregon Duck

Sep 3, 2018, 11:25 PM

OK but don’t be trying to step on my Atlanta Braves and the greatest baseball moment known to mankind (Sid Bream slide).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic