»
Topic: Dear Kelly Bryant...
Replies: 26   Last Post: Sep 27, 2018 11:30 PM by: tigersincepell®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 26  

Dear Kelly Bryant...

[57]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 10:29 AM

Based on your 'slap in the face' quote it seems you feel you were owed the starting job this year...

I hope you learn that you aren't owed anything in life.

'Playing time' is earned in football and in life.

Trevor Lawrence earned this start with his performance in practice and in last Saturdays game. A game is which the offense seemed hapless under your command.

Had you stuck it out and continued to compete, there's the chance that you could've earned the job back. However, you've decided to run from that competition and quit on your teammates and yourself.

Best of luck and hope you learn and grow from this situation. Looking back it's very possible you'll end up wishing you'd done it differently.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Dear Kelly Bryant... good bye and good luck

[2]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 10:30 AM

nm

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

^^^New phone, who dis?***

[5]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 10:30 AM

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

TL/dr

[3]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 10:33 AM

2020 purple level member

If pigs are so smart, why do 66% of them use weak and inferior materials during construction?

Needs pictures to help with her reading!

[3]
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 6:10 AM

;)

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

and crayons.

[1]
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 10:36 AM

2020 purple level member

If pigs are so smart, why do 66% of them use weak and inferior materials during construction?

and there's nothing wrong with that.***

Posted: Sep 27, 2018 12:49 PM

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: Dear Kelly Bryant...

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 10:39 AM

hey give the kid a break, he's still on the team. I'd be more concerned if he wasn't upset. I want tigers on the team, not chickens, fighting for their spots.. let's see how this plays out..

Based on his handling of this situation, he hasn't earned a

[4]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 11:10 AM

break IMO....

Re: Based on his handling of this situation, he hasn't earned a

[3]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 9:41 PM

I couldn’t agree more, he did it all the wrong ways , and has hurt his team, his coach and this program with his victim mentality. I played football, boxed and MMA and when someone better came along I lost my spot. But I built relationships with team mates and kept trying to help. I take offense to anyone that bashes a man that has done all that Dabo has for him. No love for this player that will fade from my memory. Cole Stoudt. Someone I freaking hated to see in a game and dreaded the bowl game knowing he was going to start. Totally redeemed himself in that game and will always be a QB I’ll remember. That is doing it right.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg

[3]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 9:40 PM

He is not still on the team.

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 10:09 PM

Dabo gave him 4 breaks IMO......because if I were the head coach TL would have been the starter out there for Game 1...........Go Tigers!!!!!!

[1]
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 11:26 PM

What part of KB quit don't register with you!!!

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

[2]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 10:48 AM

Don't know that I would be quite as harsh...BUT have to say I agree with ALL the sentiments.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 9:37 PM

Some of the players said the play calling for KB was inferior. I did see that in the last two games. I'm totally on the TL train but I think some people have a point. I remember when DW4 was the starter and they'd bring in Stoudt in games like UNC or South Carolina and run garbage plays for him like they had no confidence him. Either way he had a whole season to prove himself.

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 9:43 PM

That's not right through the first 4 games there have been basically (if I'm wrong tell me} 6 different rpo calls for both QBs every game. If you think I'm wrong tell me I read the formatting and personnel groupings wrong. Dare ya

2020 white level member

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 9:46 PM

That’s because Kelly ran first or took a sack. They ran the same plays last year with Kelly. Bottom line. He got touched in his soft spots by Bama and never recovered.
GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 9:54 PM

No players have made any comments about this.

[2]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 10:00 PM

Name the players please. Play calling was limited because of Bryant's limited ability, last year and this year. Bryant could not throw the quick out, could not make the right call on the rpo, could not throw the deep ball. So I don't want to hear this garbage that the coaches did not do him justice.

2020 purple level member

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 10:13 PM

Link the playey have not said. You lair

The plays called for KB were limited because KB is limited.

[4]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 10:15 PM

He doesn't read defenses well and can't consistently throw accurate passes. Thus, our OCs called one of three plays:

-Run-pass option, which usually meant Kelly kept it and ran it himself
-Designed QB run, which was of limited success
-Designed handoff to RB, which was of limited success
-Screen pass, which was of no success
-Pass down the sidelines, thrown up for grabs with the hope that one of our receivers could go up and get it

I was down on our OCs last year and during the first three games. Then something amazing happened - we put Trevor in the game, and the offense from 2016 returned. And we scored, easily and often. Passes were completed all over the field. The OL blocked better. The RBs had more room to run. It was beautiful.

It was last Saturday that I remembered that our OCs are actually good at calling plays, our OL isn't so bad, and our RBs can make big plays routinely. Trevor opened up a world of possibility that Kelly can only dream of.

2020 white level member

Brad Brownell: all-time winningest coach in Clemson men's basketball history, and only coach to beat North Carolina in Chapel Hill.

I agree with everything u just said

[1]
Posted: Sep 27, 2018 8:39 AM

except for the '3 plays' part.

That's clearly 5.

;)

Re: I agree with everything u just said

Posted: Sep 27, 2018 11:30 PM

Video or it didn’t happen!
GO TIGERS!!!!!

military_donation.jpg

Re: The plays called for KB were limited because KB is limited.

Posted: Sep 27, 2018 11:24 PM

There is those that are going hate on your post Judge, but the truth usually do pisss off the ones that don't want to hear it bc it doesn't fit their opinion on the matter!!!

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

The article you are referencing mentioned FORMER players.

[1]
Posted: Sep 26, 2018 10:17 PM

Those former players are mistaken and misguided.

There were no current players who said anything about play calling for the two QBs.

2020 white level member

Brad Brownell: all-time winningest coach in Clemson men's basketball history, and only coach to beat North Carolina in Chapel Hill.

Posted: Sep 26, 2018 9:49 PM

AMEN !

Lots of fans said CDS played the senior QB. KB thoguht so

Posted: Sep 27, 2018 6:11 AM

too

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Replies: 26  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 4 in Sec UO row K and a Lot 5 parking pass number 5579 asking 8500 for the package, email if intere...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
5154 people have read this post