Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear Judge Keller - please stop posting
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 4,291

Dear Judge Keller - please stop posting

Dec 19, 2015, 9:13 AM

positive posts about Brownell.

These supposed Clemson fans who harangue every move made by the man are the same "what have you done for me lately to make me feel good about myself and own personal mess of a life" fools who

- never wanted to hire Coach Swinney in the first place because "he hadn't even been a coordinator";
- wanted to fire him after 2010 because "we accept mediocrity just because it comes from Alabama like Ford";
or
- openly questioned CCM in 2013 and 2014 because he somehow couldn't find a "run game", even as FSU won 29 games in a row making less rushing yards per game than Clemson had.

These idiots, masquerading as "fans" and "commentators", simply don't know leadership, don't understand leadership, nor do they understand their own role in undermining otherwise beneficial leadership.

It's one of the costs of freedom - some people just not being able to accept being less than #1 in EVERYTHING.

Oh, you'd think they'd be satisfied with being #1 in Football - again. But no,

they'd rather hire Frank Martin and "be a winner in basketball too" - to go along with all the assorted trash that programs like USuCk and Kentucky and SMU and Louisville and Syracuse and UNCheat - supposed winners all - have spewed forth from their basketball programs over the last ad nauseum years.

Yep; they're the same clowns that wanted to hire Mike Leach or Ralph Friedgen in 2008 and spent years calling Mr. Swinney "The Sweatshirt", but now ride happily on his coattails into the playoffs.

In my view, they aren't "Clemson men" anymore than Frank Martin would be, and they care little for your protestations, Mr. Keller. They simply smell blood in the water, and it somehow makes them feel good to hold the lives of other people and other families in their hands.

For some reason, it's not enough for them to question "how many 3-point shots we take without making any passes into the inside", or question "why key shots are being taken by streaky shooters like Roper instead of forcing things inside to Jaron Blossomgame". No,

they've got to try "to get someone FIRED", just to make themselves feel good.

Because, after all, this is a "JOB BOARD", right? or a "I'M #1 BOARD". Not a CLEMSON SPORTS BOARD.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dear Judge Keller - please stop posting

Dec 19, 2015, 9:15 AM

LOL 6 straight years of getting worse .
I believe Brad has had more than enough time

Message boards are for opinions. It's clear

Dec 19, 2015, 9:22 AM

some can't recognize a sinking ship when they see it.

I recognize the sinking ship of your arrogance

Dec 19, 2015, 10:40 AM

I choose not to join in with you and your brethren.

Message boards are for opinions, they're not for calling for people's job.

You want to do that, then write a letter to the AD.

Oh, that's right - it was a ### bunch of "opinions" like yours

that wanted Terry Don fired for hiring Swinney.

Some people can't recognize their own continued stupidity.....

Ignorance and arrogance - they go hand in hand.

Re: I recognize the sinking ship of your arrogance

Dec 19, 2015, 12:47 PM

I'm afraid the arrogance is yours. You paint with too wide a brush. You stereotype anyone who is displeased with Brownell as also having had displeasure over other coaches or AD's. That's simply not accurate. Many who think it's time for a change in Basketball now, took no part in the littany of situations you lump them into. You falsely lump displeasure with Brownell into every other kind of issue merely to support you singular thesis, that being that anyone who want's Brownell gone is guilty of other a list of other errors that you invent.

Brownell simply isn't getting it done. Like Tommy Bowden, he's been given more than enough time.

Clemson needs to take Basketball more seriously. In order to be successful, it cannot continue to hang it's hat on a basketball coach with a .561 winning percentage at Clemson and a .465 winning percentage in the ACC.

Coach for Life isn't a good strategy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually no - you simply can't read -

Dec 19, 2015, 6:05 PM

I simply commented negatively on those that must vent their diatribes in the form of

"FIRE SOMEONE".

Those that want to make thoughtful negative commentary on how the basketball team performs, and have the facts to back themselves up,

are more than welcome to do so.

So to put a fine point on it: Firing's for the AD not the fans.

And if you want to make that charge, then put it in a letter to the AD, not on a public board!

It's called "arrogance".....

Re: I recognize the sinking ship of your arrogance

Dec 20, 2015, 12:12 AM [ in reply to I recognize the sinking ship of your arrogance ]

You might want to unwind a little, epiFUNNY and climb down off your high horse.

This may be one of the dumbest posts I've ever seen.

Dec 19, 2015, 9:17 AM

What was Dabo doing in year 6? I'll hang up and listen.

Apples to oranges; have way better facilities and tradition

Dec 19, 2015, 9:22 AM

in football than basketball. I think some of these
same folks that were riding Leggett a$$ now have a
new hobby of busting Brownell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Completely different situation with Leggett.

Dec 19, 2015, 9:25 AM

Also remember we are paying him $1.2 million for what's on the court right now.

Brad doesn't make that much money compared to top programs.

Dec 19, 2015, 10:54 AM

He's performing fairly based on his salary.

Are you willing to pay substantially more? If so, we can get a bigger name coach or one that has been successful at the major college level. If not, then I'm not sure what you and others here expect.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Judge-I respect your support of Brownell & Everything Orange

Dec 19, 2015, 1:04 PM

But according to your own post, we should expect to lose based on Brownell's salary. I cannot be all-in on expecting to lose. Brownell has been given six years and recruiting continues to be a major obstacle.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brad doesn't make that much money compared to top programs.

Dec 19, 2015, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Brad doesn't make that much money compared to top programs. ]

Brad has done an OK job with the resources given. After five years despite facilities most in his tenure would be dismissed. I have strongly supported him thru his career, but this team hasn't progressed what so ever with improved talent! Their patience, chemistry and skills are not evident and coaching can change only so much! Either light a fire or be gone! Having been a fan of Tiger BB since Tates Locke I am tired of falling short and excuses! Clemson can do better, especially with a new LJC.

Time to get it done or be done with excuses.

Go Tigers!

Re: Apples to oranges; have way better facilities and tradition

Dec 19, 2015, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Apples to oranges; have way better facilities and tradition ]

These lambasters of Leggett , these downers of Dabo , these belittlers of Brownell .

& so close to Christmas .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

FWIW I've always been on board with Dabo and didn't like how

Dec 19, 2015, 9:29 AM

Leggett was handled. Brownell is the Tommy Bowden of basketball.

I remember some back then even wanted Lane Kiffin... shudder

Dec 19, 2015, 9:52 AM

Dabo has done an awesome job and he has had more to
work with. Basketball at Clemson is always going to
be 2nd, like football at UNC and Duke. Doubt Roy
could make Clemson like UNC in hoops, especially
since we don't have all the fake classes and stuff.
Foster, Ellis, Barnes, and Purnell had some success,
but it's alays benn hard to maintain it.

You mad bro?***

Dec 19, 2015, 9:19 AM

Great post York!***

Dec 19, 2015, 9:20 AM

Dec 19, 2015, 9:29 AM

"What have you done for me lately?"

In the case of Brownell, it's more like "What have you done for me EVER?"

It's time to move on from this experiment, we've been in decline each year.

Dec 19, 2015, 1:41 PM

Can we bring back the defense from a couple years ago of unlike OP, Brownell won an NCAA Tournament game? (Completely disregard that it was a play in game, with Purnell's players)

TL:DR***

Dec 19, 2015, 9:41 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2015, 10:04 AM

The OP needs to wake the #### up IMO.

This ranks up there with blaming the fans for BBall sucking. Wow - just wow.

Dec 19, 2015, 1:42 PM

Dabo made progress each year.
Brownlee's team have gotten worse each year.
Do the math

Replies: 22
| visibility 4,291
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic