Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear Dan: Time To Answer More Emails
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Oct 14, 2007, 4:17 PM

Fans are still upset into the off week, for a number of reasons, and take out their frustrations on the keyboard. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well said***

Oct 14, 2007, 4:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are some real idiots that e-mail Dan.***

Oct 14, 2007, 4:44 PM

Beamer

Oct 14, 2007, 5:08 PM

Dan, if you remember, when Clemson was talking to Bowden, they also expressed interest in the Va Tech+s coach Beamer, who came along with a $5 million buyout on some sort of annuity that he had to stay at Tech for a required number of years, and we would not do that...Am I right on this?

Re: Beamer

Oct 15, 2007, 10:42 AM

Beamer, would not come to Clemson 9 years ago when ask. what I was told by some one in the know!

"Idiots" being defined as people who don't share your view.****

Oct 15, 2007, 1:10 AM [ in reply to There are some real idiots that e-mail Dan.*** ]

Typical emails from the typical Clemson fan nowadays

Oct 14, 2007, 5:20 PM

I love this school and love this team... and never despised my fellow fans any more than these last couple of weeks. These emails to Dan are further proof of the ignorance of many of our fans.. but hey, the squeaky (and obnoxious) wheel usually gets the grease and I hate that for TB.

Re: Dear Dan: Time To Answer More Emails

Oct 14, 2007, 5:44 PM

Dear Dan,
We have suffered with one excuse after another for three years. Now we must wait for the next six games. By that time we can experience 5 loses maybe six. Then the coach gives the player three days off. All those that think this staff can correct any one of our problems this coming week are whistling Dixie. I have been a strong TB fan all along even the last three years. However I have been fooling myself. Lets stand behind the team while we make plans to replace our mad scientist the Coach and get a special teams Coach. Waiting for six more games is useless. Make plans now. Any coach that waste any more of the talent's time is useless. We are paying big money to get bad Help. Thanks Speedy

excuses?

Oct 14, 2007, 8:09 PM

Why is everyone so consumed with TB's "excuses"? Most of these "fans" were outspoken and going crazy after one loss (GT) feeling that was his fault. In addition, these 3 years of excuses as you say, is what most coaches won't do. Most will accept no blame, and breath fire towards players in their press conferences.
He has accepted blame numerous times for quite a bit more than he ever should. I think many folks on these boards are only tuning in to what they want to hear. He takes care of his players to the press, and I'm sure he blasts them when practice starts. If you don't stand up for your players, even accepting total blame when it isn't yours at times, then you can bet the team will implode and not perform as well. Only the people with an agenda to get him fired (without finishing the season at least) will dwell on his public comments in this incorrect manner.

Re: excuses?

Oct 15, 2007, 9:59 AM

and I'm sure he blasts them when practice starts

Part of the problem is he does not "blast" his players. He talks to them the same way he talks to the press and the rest of us. i.e. excuses, we're so close, etc.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: excuses?

Oct 15, 2007, 1:39 PM

Tony Dungy just won a Superbowl without having to "blast" players. I know those are men, these are kids, but I don't presume to know enough about how Tommy coaches to criticize his methods.

I don't think he has lost the respect or control of the team. Those types of things would reflect off the field as much as on it and this team is exemplary compared to most programs.

Don't get me wrong. The results on the field are NOT GOOD ENOUGH! We've been very patient as a program, 9 years is long enough to determine the pattern of a coach's program and this would has been established for several years now. Anything less than an Atlantic title and a win over SC should result in TB being let go.

I am amazed at the anger spewed out here and on

Oct 14, 2007, 5:48 PM

Tigernet. These guys are losing it and have the capability of destroying so much that Clemson has built up for a long time.
For those detractors, no TB is not destroying it, he has helped build it up. His time may be up as well, but we will not know this until season's end. Clemson has for so long had a uniqueness that made us stand out above the crowd, taking the high road and being the envy of so many institutions. But this is being unraveled by those who want to win at all cost and will venomously defend their right to do it.
For so many to act so childish over a football program is beyond me. Understand i love to see us win and being a graduate and fan for a long long time it is very painful to see somethings we have witnessed, however, it is ultimately a game and what is so much more important are the relationships we have. that is all that we leave beind, yet this negative group is willing to harm relationships with the student athletes and other fans just to spew the most negative comments i have ever seen as related to Clemson. also, the booing and bad language that was observed at the VT game was pathetic. What is accomplished by all this bad behavior? I suggest it is an errosion of our great insitution whose foundations are hard to build, but easy to tear down.
Choose your course and comments carefully! They have a tremendous impact.

Sounded like to me about the WHOLE stadium booed

Oct 14, 2007, 6:01 PM

Sounds like some of "you" simply don't get it. I guess you were the one that wanted Larry Shyatt and Hatfield to stay longer also. Some of you are pathetic.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounded like to me about the WHOLE stadium booed

Oct 14, 2007, 7:45 PM

anyone who booes the Tigers during a game in Death Valley is making a frustrating, petty mistake--and definitely not doing the team any good. dan, i can't believe you would endorse that bufoonish behavior. being a real fan isn't just rooting your team on during the good times...

I can't believe Dan's preacher Daddy didn't teach him that

Oct 14, 2007, 7:51 PM

booing is poor sportsmanship. I understand, though, from Dan, himself, that a number of things his daddy tried to teach him, he had to learn on his own!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'Nuff said!

Re: Sounded like to me about the WHOLE stadium booed

Oct 15, 2007, 10:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Sounded like to me about the WHOLE stadium booed ]

Fans were Booing play calling, get it. when you pay a lot of money to see games year after year, you wont a little more production from coaching staff!

Actually I was glad to see Shyatt and Hatfield leave and

Oct 14, 2007, 8:11 PM [ in reply to Sounded like to me about the WHOLE stadium booed ]

wanted them out a year or two before they were finally let go. Hatfield lost control of the team early, very early in fact and harmed the recruiting base as well as the fan base.
Are you one of these i am referring to that boo and yell bad language? You seem offended. It appears to me what you desire for CU and what i desire are very diferent. What is your desire at CU? Just to win?

Nah, not offended at all

Oct 14, 2007, 10:13 PM

I'm pretty sure (if you had attended the entire game) that most fans were booing at the coaching staff for Clemsons continued special team blunders.

It just amazes me people like you can just sit in a stadium, watching a football game of all things, couldn't see a familiar problem TB has had the past several years.

C'mon man! I care more about Clemson than some inept millionaire coach. And next time you attend a football game, get a little rowdy. Enjoy yourself more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amazed

Oct 15, 2007, 7:44 AM

you assume so much.
for some reason you seem (from your comments) that those who try to think positive and keep things in perspective do not stay for the whole game, and are content as is.
You angry guys are doing a lot of harm, but it does not seem to impact you. fueled by anger the boos will continue along with the awful language that if not stopped can develop an atmosphere where families do not want to attend.
Why act this way?

you idiot losers emailing Dan...put your name on there***

Oct 14, 2007, 9:11 PM

Re: Dear Dan: Time To Answer More Emails

Oct 14, 2007, 10:09 PM

Jimmie Johnson would be a good fit...look...its the way of the future, just like speed. Get ex pro football coaches that want to come back where he will have players that want to be guided to higher ground..We have talent! they just need a good kick in the ###!

Booing vs. Recruiting

Oct 15, 2007, 7:21 AM

Booing is defended and recruiting is expected to go well. There were recruits at the VT game watching. Will it be the coaches fault theses recruits don't come? I'm not a fan of this coaching staff. If Tommy stays, for the love of Pete, at least get rid of Spence. Clemson is going to have a hard enough time recruiting the best talent in this state without the fans adding more harm to it. Who would you rather play for, Bowden or Spurrier? I'm not happy about that, but Spurrier is just flat out a better coach (like him or not). I've often wondered, How many NFL careers have this coaching staff ruined? Don't boo, the recruiting needs all the help it can get.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which hurts recruiting worse-- booing or inexcusable losses?

Oct 15, 2007, 12:45 PM

If I were a recruit, I don't think I'd be nearly as affected by some booing from 85,000 orange-clad, Clemson-loving fans, as by watching Clemson get blown out by a better coached team at home. I'd be thinking, "Hey, I'd like to play for a perennial winner, like Beamer, rather than a perennial loser like Bowden."

Here's some free advice on recruiting... Don't bring recruits in to watch the likes of VT, BC, & SoCar. Bring them in to watch cupcakes like Furman and LaMon.

Maybe if TDP hears 80,000 fans booing, he'll fire Bowden (or at least force Bowden to fire Spence). In the long run that would do more good for Clemson football than any short-term negative impact on a few recruits who watch Clemson get out-coached and embarrassed at home.

I wasn't at the VT game. And I don't think that I would have booed if I were there. But I and my alumni buddies were screaming criticisms of the coaching at the TV, so I can certainly understand the disgust that Clemson fans feel with the coaching.

And it's not just Clemson fans that see the problem. Many media analysts see it too. Recently, even Chris Ard, of Rivals.com (usually a pretty tempered voice of objectivity) has been pointing out the painful flaws of the coaching staff on offense and special teams.

Anyone else embarrassed these folks are Clemson fans?***

Oct 15, 2007, 9:53 AM

same B.S., just a bigger soap box!***

Oct 15, 2007, 6:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic