Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dear Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,354

Dear Dabo

Jan 21, 2014, 11:59 PM

We think you're a good coach and good person. You've done things here that no one has since Danny. Having the great WR's like we've had the last 3 years has helped us win a lot of games, but how many do you think we need? It seems here lately like everyday another WR gets an offer. You say we have plenty of Offensive Linemen but there were many times this year that it did not show. Many of us just wanted to remind you that there are many more positions out on the field that need filling also.
sincerely,
Lifelong Tiger Fans

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

We were thin at WR and need the numbers

Jan 22, 2014, 12:06 AM

Remember when Peake wen't down that we suddenly found ourselves missing depth at the WR position outside of Sammy, Humphries and Bryant and had to rely on walk ones and true freshmen? That's not a good position to be in with only 3 experienced WRs and a bunch of freshmen backing them up.

Because of our offense we rotate 6-8 WRs a game. Witht he loses of Sammy and Bryant we needed two to replace them and more for added, quality depth. Imagine where we'd have been if Sammy, Bryant or Humphries had an injury. We'd be very well screwed and relying on the freshmen, and most of Tajh's INTs this year came from those very freshmen running improper routes.

Re: Dear Dabo

Jan 22, 2014, 12:21 AM

Drobins has it right.

I don't belive Dabo reads Tigernet. You might try

Jan 22, 2014, 12:24 AM

sending the athletic department an email though

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't belive Dabo reads Tigernet. You might try

Jan 22, 2014, 7:15 AM

You're kidding right? Where do you think he got his rant from? He didn't think it up on his own, he got it from this or some other message board.

Re: I don't belive Dabo reads Tigernet. You might try

Jan 22, 2014, 9:02 AM

You tell'em coot

Question

Jan 22, 2014, 1:01 AM

Which position would you like for us to be thin at in order to carry more OL than we already allocate slots for?

Now remember that unlike any other position, save P and PK, there typically isn't anywhere else you can move an OL to if he doesn't pan out like you can other positions. So not only are we taking away a roster spot from somewhere else we are also limiting our roster versatility.

This past season were were two major injuries away from having to depend on walk-ons at two key offensive positions, WR and RB. Which position(s) are you comfortable enough to know that going into a season we aren't but a key injury or two away from having walk-ons play key minutes.

This isn't the 1970's where we have 105 scholarships, or the 1980's where we had 95 scholarships. There is a limit to the number of players you can carry at each position. Alabama carried 15 OL on scholarship in 2013, the exact same number we will carry in 2014.

^^^^^^^^^

Jan 22, 2014, 1:05 AM

hb

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question

Jan 22, 2014, 3:45 AM [ in reply to Question ]

I would like to see us engage in some roster management like all the other major programs do. The issue of not having room for OL could be solved by cutting loose weight.

you spelled 'deer' wrong***

Jan 22, 2014, 1:34 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You do know we have offered

Jan 22, 2014, 4:24 AM

a lot of OL for the 2015 cycle............ The reason we offer so many WR is there are so many that can play at this level in our recruiting footprint.... This is not true for OL so we have already offered them........ With WR can offer 10-12 knowing you will take any of them.... This isn't the case with OL ...... We will have 17 on scholarship next year that is about max.... This year we only had 7 wr on scholarship that is about 3 under the max............. This other big myth at Clemson is that we are and have been stacked at RB that is the furthest thing from the truth........ This year we only had two good backs that could play and none over 200lbs........ Clemson's OL wasn't the problem this year without turnover something the OL had nothing to do with we win 12 games you can't win 10 to 12 games a year with a bad OL..................

The best WR in the world means nothing if the QB doesn't

Jan 22, 2014, 8:16 AM

have time to throw or there is not much of a run game to keep the secondary honest. We haven't had a good O line throughout the entire season in over 20 years. A good O line and maybe Tajh Boyd doesn't turn the ball over as much from getting nailed in the big games?

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: The best WR in the world means nothing if the QB doesn't

Jan 22, 2014, 8:27 AM

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2014, 8:28 AM [ in reply to The best WR in the world means nothing if the QB doesn't ]

i hate to weigh in on coaching because none of us are qualified, but, go to a high school football game and what do you see? Highly skilled players at the WR and RB and QB positions and the biggest kids on the team playing the line. Now, look at those kids and tell me who is gonna be great and who is not, its very hard to do. You cant have lots of just Big kids on your roster and win games like we do. Without the skill guys, the big kids just take up space. Recruiting quality lineman is harder than any other because you cant predict what they will do or how they will grow and respond at the next level. Someone mentioned Alabama.. go watch a game with them playing and see that big left tackle that they had. He will be drafted in the top 15 and he isn't all that good. Both Auburn and Oklahoma made him look bad and he is one of the best in the country according to the pros. Line is the hardest place to play and the hardest to recruit. WE have a few BIG kids on the bench taking up space that were recruited the same year that Sammy was at wide receiver, im sure glad we didn't take another lineman and pass on the wideout just to have another big kid on the roster. enough said by me. sorry

Thank you for the respectful disagreement alfa***

Jan 22, 2014, 8:41 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Jan 22, 2014, 9:20 AM [ in reply to The best WR in the world means nothing if the QB doesn't ]

How many o-line should we offer and where can we find them?

I think Tajh done pretty darn good in big games, Auburn, Lsu,UGA, ohio state and even the FSU the year before.

Did we forget the ACCCG against VT ??? and he also beat FSU that year.

Did you forget that we have won 32 games since Tajh took over??? So the o-line has done something right

The best OL in the world

Jan 22, 2014, 12:46 PM [ in reply to The best WR in the world means nothing if the QB doesn't ]

isn't going to do any good when you are throwing to and handing off to walk-ons.

And I noticed you avoided the question I asked above. Which position are you willing to go into every season and injury or two away from walk-ons in order to sign more linemen than we currently sign?

Jan 22, 2014, 8:29 AM

ABSOLUTELY!! great post! every good play starts with a good snap and good line blocking!I just do not understand why dabo does not see this point!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Finally somebody agrees!***

Jan 22, 2014, 8:35 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Jan 22, 2014, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Dear Dabo ]

You two coots get it bah bah bah

I'd agree w/yall if we played 7 on 7 touch football***

Jan 24, 2014, 10:50 AM