Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dawkins defended Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Dawkins defended Clemson

Aug 3, 2018, 8:04 AM

He stated he was shocked he was the 1st Clemson Alum inducted into the hall of fame. I agree. The fact that the Perry Brothers, Levon Kirkland, Chester McGlockton, Brenston Buckner, Andy Headen, Ed McDaniel, Bennie Cunningham, Dwight Clark, and Terry Kinard aren't in there kind of makes you wonder. that's my positive post for the day. get ready for the negatives cuz it's friday, my coffee has grounds in it, and i hate kirby smart. :)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dawkins defended Clemson

Aug 3, 2018, 8:13 AM

Makes you wonder what?

no conspiracy here

Aug 3, 2018, 8:19 AM

Just wondering why? I mean, multiple superbowls and multiple pro bowls. How do you determine who goes in. I mean, did Dawkins win a super bowl?

Six of the Ten you named did not go to multiple Pro Bowls***

Aug 3, 2018, 5:41 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My list would be:

Aug 3, 2018, 8:16 AM

Deserves consideration:
Benny
Clark
Kinard
The Redskin Bostic (can't remember if that was Jeff or Joe)
Kirkland (my favorite tiger)

Next Level:
Charlie Waters
MD Perry
Big Chester

Eventually getting a look:
Nuk
Pasha Bains ;)

Re: My list would be:

Aug 3, 2018, 4:01 PM

I don't know about your list. I loved Bennie Cunningham, but much of his time at Pittsburgh was split with Randy Grossman. Bennie did not have the kind of numbers that would have gotten him close to the HOF .... nice career, great guy, but not HOF. I think the most deserving in that list would be Jeff Bostic. I think he is the only Hog from that era not in. That may be why he is not in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My list would be:

Aug 3, 2018, 4:15 PM [ in reply to My list would be: ]

Jeff

Re: Dawkins defended Clemson

Aug 3, 2018, 8:19 AM

I haven't totally figured it out, but somehow Swoffy has neen blocking former Clemson players from tbe NFL HOF for years. He's getting old now and starting to lose his influence. Stay tuned, more inductions to follow in the near future...

was swofford around back in the

Aug 3, 2018, 8:20 AM

80's?

Re: was swofford around back in the

Aug 3, 2018, 8:25 AM

Swoffy has been around since before the ACC was formed and has been a thorn in our side ever since.

I think its about right though...there has to be a certain

Aug 3, 2018, 8:34 AM

level of popularity that goes along with the stats and the only really popular players in the NFL out of Clemson was maybe the Fridge but that wasn't for his stats really. Dawkins probably is the first Clemson guy to get a ton of renown among all his peers and fans. I realized this as i was having a conversation with an Ohio State fan. He asked out of genuine curiosity who was the best nfl players in history from Clemson and I named some of those names and he didn't really know any of them. Which i wouldn't expect him to. They were good players just not hall of fame level. Maybe college HOF.

Hopefully Nuk and DW4 can remain healthy (by the grace of God alone) and get some more HOF spots for the Tigers.

Levon Kirkland HAS to be a shoe in man

Aug 3, 2018, 3:32 PM

i disagree with you there. I mean #1 defense in college. wins superbowl and pro bowl honors. give me a break. these guys native to south carolina sure seem to have a hard time getting recognized hmmmm

i hear you. College he was the best in the country..

Aug 3, 2018, 5:14 PM

NFL he held his own and was a captain of alot of the defenses he played on. But i don't know if he's NFL hall of fame level as far as numbers go. But he might be on the cusp. I'd love it if he made it. I'm just trying to be objective as far as how would i feel about Levon as a hall of fame candidate if I was unattached to Clemson University.

But Brian Dawkins, universally, is and has been at that level for sure. The biggest thing in the NFL is staying on the field and healthy. We've had good players just like everyone else its hard to stay on that field. Playing safety for all those years and being on the field and playing at a high level for the majority of his time is a testament in an of itself. Very hard to do.

Levon went to 2 pro bowls***

Aug 3, 2018, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Levon Kirkland HAS to be a shoe in man ]

Why does it make you wonder? If you didn't even make a

Aug 3, 2018, 5:37 PM

Pro Bowl once, why do you think they should be in the HOF? Brenston, Fridge, Headen and Cunningham never made one, Ed and Special K made it once...Great Tigers but none of them I named are HOF worthy

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic