Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dawgs once again over-rated in CBS pre-season poll
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 3,295

Dawgs once again over-rated in CBS pre-season poll

Jun 8, 2015, 9:14 AM

UGA being over-rated is as regular as fall football.

Georgia, 9 wins (over -135, under -105)

Greyson Lambert's arrival doesn't change anything regarding this space's preview of Georgia last week: the Dawgs were still better than their record a year ago, are still poised to be one of the nation's best defenses on passing downs, and still have a certain Nick Chubb. The schedule is the East's toughest by orders of magnitude, and whoever's the quarterback -- Brice Ramsey remains the guess here -- has to prove himself competent-at-least. but unless the Dawgs drop all three road tilts at Tennessee, Auburn and Georgia Tech, nine wins really should be the floor here. OVER 9 WINS.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25206071/sec-east-overunder-win-total-picks-georgia-aims-for-atlanta

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dawgs are champs every August.

Jun 8, 2015, 9:39 AM

Hope springs eternal in Athens...

until the games are played.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dawgs once again over-rated in CBS pre-season poll

Jun 8, 2015, 10:29 AM

Georgia has talent, but those three road games, plus SC and Alabama at home, plus the potential to blow it vs Florida like last year... they will have to earn it to make over 9 wins.

Tennesse is awful, why would you pencil

Jun 8, 2015, 11:33 AM

In a loss @ TEN? They have didley squat.

The question is can they ever beat that Big 12 school Mizzou. Seriously, Mizzou goes to the SEC championship every year. Mizzou. Say that out loud for yourself. That would be like us letting Syracuse win the ACC Atlantic every year.

Hooray, UGA has a good RB this year. Pencil in any year you want. They still underachieve.

Spares.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tennesse is awful, why would you pencil

Jun 8, 2015, 2:13 PM

They beat Mizzuo 34-0 @ Mizzou last year. They somehow always manage to choke against teams they have much more talent than(USC, UF, GT).

And I think "good RB" is quite an understatement. This will be the 4th year in a row UGA has the nation's best RB. And even with the addition of Jeremy Pruitt, they still can't get it done. They might have been the most underachieving team in the nation the past 10 years based on preseason expectations.

Jun 8, 2015, 10:35 AM

Your jelly. You will never be Georgia. Nine wins isn't over-rated in the slightest....won 10 with Mason at the helm last season. Could have easily won 12 (USCe/Gt) Just be thankful your defense doesn't have to tackle chubb this season.

Would Chubb be able to stay erect for 60 minutes?

Jun 8, 2015, 10:38 AM

Doubtful, unless a performance enhancing drug were being used.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Would Chubb be able to stay erect for 60 minutes?

Jun 8, 2015, 10:48 AM

> Doubtful, unless a performance enhancing drug were
> being used.

Who laid him horizontal last season? I'd be willing to bet versus clemson he would. how many off that # 1 defense are y'all replacing? Uga returning 4 of 5 starting Olinemen would factor in as well!

jealous of what? We have the more recent national title

Jun 8, 2015, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Dawgs once again over-rated in CBS pre-season poll ]

and UGA is the most underachieving team in America the last decade. Top 5 recruiting every year and can't beat SCAR, lol!

Re: jealous of what? We have the more recent national title

Jun 8, 2015, 5:43 PM

Georgia is 47–18–2 vs the chickens all-time.

They just do not go around acting like it is an accomplishment.

I'm not talking about 40 years ago

Jun 8, 2015, 7:37 PM

I'm talking about what happened the last time the 2 teams played.

Jun 8, 2015, 10:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Dawgs once again over-rated in CBS pre-season poll ]

You're***

I love how you assume we would want to be thuga, yet you're the one on someone else's boards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jun 8, 2015, 11:11 AM

> You're***
>
> I love how you assume we would want to be thuga, yet
> you're the one on someone else's boards.

oh how cute......nevertheless you "are" correct sir.

"Your jelly" Did you take Jan Kemp's English class?

Jun 8, 2015, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Dawgs once again over-rated in CBS pre-season poll ]

Here's a link in case you need to refresh your memory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Kemp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2015, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Dawgs once again over-rated in CBS pre-season poll ]

UGA was told it would play the nation's #1 defense twice: Clemson and Louisville. Nick Chubb, an 18-year-old man child, looked like he was playing against Pop Warner kids out there

Never will be Georgia? HUH!?!?..

Jun 8, 2015, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Dawgs once again over-rated in CBS pre-season poll ]

Superdawg.... y'all have the same number of natty championships as clemson.. 1

And around the same number of conference championships..

I'd be very careful comparing the two football programs....

Because in hindsight we are mirror images of each other..

The only difference is Georgia plays in the $EC.....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which means Clemson has the advantage.***

Jun 8, 2015, 9:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nice grammar. I can see someone didn't attend UGA.***

Jun 8, 2015, 9:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Dawgs once again over-rated in CBS pre-season poll ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I disagree. their OL returns, great RBs, best OLBs in CFB

Jun 8, 2015, 11:06 AM

which is more than enough to win the East. The downside is that they play Bama and Auburn in their crossover games with the West.

I disagree on UT also. They will be in the 9 win area, possibly more if they can beat Oklahoma at home in week 3. UT could lose to UGA and win the east

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Mark Richt = Tommy Bowden!

Jun 8, 2015, 11:48 AM

IMHO of course.

Re: Mark Richt = Tommy Bowden!

Jun 8, 2015, 2:25 PM

Richt W-L: 136-48, .739

Bowden W-L: 72-45, .615

Same amount of losses, 60 more wins. Not really that close at all.

If it is hot outside

Jun 8, 2015, 12:04 PM

The dawgs are overrated.

Re: If it is hot outside

Jun 8, 2015, 12:22 PM

> The dawgs are overrated.

it was hot on Aug 30th of last year......did you feel we were over-rated on that day?

Jun 8, 2015, 12:37 PM

Although your staff doesn't recruit very well at the QB position. Pretty sad you have to go to UVA in desperation mode for help. Dabo has set the mutts back for years not being able to sway Watson. Chew on it mutt

Nice recruiting LOL!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2015, 12:54 PM

> Although your staff doesn't recruit very well at the
> QB position. Pretty sad you have to go to UVA in
> desperation mode for help. Dabo has set the mutts
> back for years not being able to sway Watson. Chew on
> it mutt
>
> Nice recruiting LOL!!

I would challenge your opinion that Richt/Uga doesn't recruit well at the QB position. Could you elaborate further on this? to name a few....David Green ( was the winning est QB in college ball when he graduated) Matt Stafford (Overall #1 pick in the NFL draft) Aaron Murray ( holds numerous UGA/SEC records) and least we forget his two Heisman award winners at FSU. Richt has 3 schollyed QBs on the roster, Lambert was added for depth. All of our present qbs are more talented than Mason who won 10 last season....no desperation in Athens with the #1 overall recruit (Eason) regardless of position headed to Georgia next cycle. Sway Watson? Morris was on him as a freshman, plus he fits Cu's system better......he's not your typical drop back passer.....more suited to the spread than the pro set. Your turn.................

Jun 8, 2015, 1:42 PM

Yes Parks was passed over by uSUC AND Clemson and Ramsey would be a better fit playing in the Sourhern Conf. Funny you didn't respond to your emergency QB search. Looking for any other diamonds in the rough from the ACC LOL?! THUGA made their offer to Watson and his word was no thank you. Deal with it! We sport the legit Heisman candidate wannabe!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2015, 2:29 PM

You can't actually be trying to compare the QB pedigree between the 2 teams right? I'm with superdawg on this one. We may have the better QB this year, but that's the first time in a long time. And that's if Watson stays healthy

Jun 8, 2015, 2:35 PM

That was my only point. Super dork took us on a history lesson. But I will add STIFFord has been a complete BUST being the 1st player selected in the draft. Ask a Lions fan what they think of that over paid botch

Jun 8, 2015, 4:22 PM

> That was my only point. Super dork took us on a
> history lesson. But I will add STIFFord has been a
> complete BUST being the 1st player selected in the
> draft. Ask a Lions fan what they think of that over
> paid botch

what? your opinion was that Richt couldn't recruit the QB position.....Stafford was talented when he signed with Ga but "Richt" developed him into a # 1 overall draft pick. who cares what he did beyond that point.......it bears no weight in the argument. BTW, How many Cu Qbs have thrown for 5000+ yards in the NFL? Yeah.....he's bust!

Jun 8, 2015, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Re: If it is hot outside ]

> Yes Parks was passed over by uSUC AND Clemson and
> Ramsey would be a better fit playing in the Sourhern
> Conf. Funny you didn't respond to your emergency QB
> search. Looking for any other diamonds in the rough
> from the ACC LOL?! THUGA made their offer to Watson
> and his word was no thank you. Deal with it! We
> sport the legit Heisman candidate wannabe!

ahhhhhh.....are going to respond to your statement or just deflect? Both Ga and Cu offered Lambert. I told you we added Lambert for depth....how is that "not" responding? it's no secret Ga got in on Watson relatively late and didn't offer till his senior year. No one was shocked he didn't decommit from Cu after said offer. He had been committed over a year. Watson may be a heisman candidate but until he beats someone with a pulse he isn't legitimate. Now Nick Chubb is legit.....proven commodity.

And then you lost to that USuC team?

Jun 8, 2015, 1:07 PM [ in reply to Re: If it is hot outside ]

Todd Gurley is not. My point is, every year uga is the most talented team in the east. Yet, every year you underwhelm and finish the season about where you started.

But listen, if Missouri wins the east again, then an average big 12 team has dominated your division for 3 of 4 years. That's no accident.

Re: And then you lost to that USuC team?

Jun 8, 2015, 4:37 PM

> Todd Gurley is not. My point is, every year uga is
> the most talented team in the east. Yet, every year
> you underwhelm and finish the season about where you
> started.
>
> But listen, if Missouri wins the east again, then an
> average big 12 team has dominated your division for 3
> of 4 years. That's no accident.

Clemson isn't the only team that USCe has played tough these last 5 years....but you have to factor in SOS who hates Uga......we've choke a few times versus the ##### for sure. Missouri hasn't dominated squat...... Georgia beat them in their own house 34-0 last year. Our fiascoes at cola and jacksonville cost us.

Dominated as in Missouri

Jun 8, 2015, 5:24 PM

Winning your division 2 of their first 3 tries. If they do it for a third time in four years, is Missouri not dominating the SECE? I would say so.

So are you saying

Jun 8, 2015, 5:40 PM [ in reply to Re: And then you lost to that USuC team? ]

They should start calling losing games and blowing the divison to inferior opponents "pulling a Georgia"

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jun 8, 2015, 12:30 PM

No coach has wasted more talent than Richt

null

I'm not sure that's overrating them. I think they will win

Jun 8, 2015, 1:00 PM

10 games also.

they better than their record indicates almost every year

Jun 8, 2015, 1:04 PM

"Clemsoning" can't hold a candle to "Georgia-ing". They lose a couple every year to teams they have no business losing to. Lose to Florida by 18 points? the Chickens? Really?

Re: they better than their record indicates almost every year

Jun 8, 2015, 2:18 PM

Coots:

That was fast: only a season removed from back-to-back-to-back 10-win seasons, the Gamecocks have the East's fifth-highest listed total, ahead of only Vandy and Kentucky. Having the SEC's worst per-play defense, quarterback uncertainty, and no established playmakers outside of Pharoh Cooper will do that -- especially when facing a blistering schedule with just two comfortable-looking wins on it. Steve Spurrier might be capable of coaxing eight wins out of his team this year (by, say, surprising Missouri on the road and losing no more than a game at home despite facing North Carolina, Kentucky, UCF, LSU, Florida and Clemson), but if he does, it might be one of his better coaching jobs. UNDER 7 WINS.

Most likely UNDER 6 wins, Im predicting 5 at most.

Replies: 37
| visibility 3,295
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic