Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't put words in DHood's mouth
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 9,402

Don't put words in DHood's mouth

Nov 25, 2018, 9:48 PM

Talk about blowing things out of perspective...and then suggest Dabo's rant is based on David is patently wrong. Re-read the article...David quoted a fan...those weren't his words. Then, David wrote an article related to why a fan...and perhaps, more than one, would feel that way. At no point did David say the win felt like a loss. He did write about the success Bentley had and how other much more talented QB's would take advantage of a repeat performance on defense. That's all he wrote.

Now...think back a bit...or a lot...or somewhere in between. When has a sub-par performance not been met with an adjustment?

In closing, the fan's comment was way overboard, met equally by the overboard reaction by TNetters in attacking David Hood. There's a pretty bold bunch here, pounding on a guy who's simply doing his job, while they themselves sit anonymously at their keyboard tearing him down. Gotta love the humanity of humanity.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He took the idiots of TigerNet, shoved them in Dabo's face

Nov 25, 2018, 9:50 PM

and said "What do you think about these clowns, coach?"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. The over-reaction is comical.***

Nov 25, 2018, 9:53 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: Don't put words in DHood's mouth

He wrote an article about a comment he overheard from a single fan.
No one is putting word's in his mouth. He wrote about a single fan he overheard, he printed the title and the article.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's irresponsible to write an article based

on some random quote from a fan. If the same fan had said the entire staff should be fired, would he have written that article?

He didn't write an article based on one fan

Nov 25, 2018, 9:59 PM

Fair enough. Poor choice for headline

Nov 25, 2018, 10:03 PM

either way.

I disagree

Nov 25, 2018, 9:57 PM

I believe David has the responsibility to filter. Some "fan" probably lost their bet because Clemson didn't cover and was not celebrating because of it.

You have to know better when writing an article and not placate to the less than 0.01% of the fan base.

Seems to me

Nov 25, 2018, 10:03 PM

Many are justifying their cowardice in attacking David. Flip side, had David not written the article and (pssst....just perhaps) mentioned it to Dabo in advance, Dabo may not have known. And that, dear TNet friends is a disservice to David (or, I'm giving him way too much credit...but I'm okay with that), because he knows Dabo will run with irrational remarks like that and pull all back to some element of perspective.

Maybe, but...

Nov 25, 2018, 10:08 PM

Hearing Dabo doesn't sound like "scorched earth".

Granted if it was me, I'm denying Hood's press pass. Now that would be more scorched earth, but Dabo's a much better man than me.

As others are noting here,

Nov 25, 2018, 10:04 PM

the man has the responsibility to exercise judgment. He wrote a nonsense piece, and he deserves to be called out for it.

He presumes to have insight on the thoughts of the Clemson fan-base, but he has no such insight. He is not a Clemson man.

He is not a Clemson man...

Nov 25, 2018, 10:07 PM

...that is ridiculous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: He is not a Clemson man...

Nov 25, 2018, 10:11 PM

Beyond ridiculous. Hilarious really. Boy people are being dramatic about this. It’s been cracking me up all night.

Nov 25, 2018, 10:14 PM

Well, one of the people being dramatic about it is our coach. He seems to care a great deal.

Nov 25, 2018, 10:12 PM [ in reply to He is not a Clemson man... ]

In what way ridiculous? He has had a JOB covering Clemson sports for, what, seven years or so? That is all.

And his JOB doesn't mean pumping sunshine...

Nov 25, 2018, 10:21 PM

...up your blowhole to make you feel better.

Re: As others are noting here,

Nov 25, 2018, 10:09 PM [ in reply to As others are noting here, ]

Lol. Good grief.

This style of journalism is self serving and worthless, David deserves every bit of

Nov 25, 2018, 10:11 PM

criticism for writing a completely ludicrous article based on “overhearing a fan after game “ and posting such a stupid article.
He is 100% at fault for this choice. I read the article, and he falls right in line with those thoughts because he is the journalist who brought it to the surface. Anyone who felt last night was a loss is a disgraceful fan and I am sad for those people.

Over react much?***

Nov 25, 2018, 10:13 PM

What is this

Nov 25, 2018, 10:14 PM [ in reply to This style of journalism is self serving and worthless, David deserves every bit of ]

Style of journalism you speak of? I thought it was a rather creative way of introducing an aspect of the game that, let's face it, many of us were rather surprised to see.

You felt like we lost, is that what you mean ??

Nov 25, 2018, 10:16 PM

Please entertain me since you said you felt the “same” ?

Are you asking me?

Nov 25, 2018, 10:27 PM

If so, try comprehension...I never came close to saying 'if felt like a loss'. I did reference back to the point made in the article, that point being Bentley's 'air raid' success. Suffice to say, I was quite surprised to see that take place. I've also posted elsewhere that I never felt the game was ever in doubt...not even close...and stated reasons why.

Did I answer sufficiently?

It's called "Yellow Journalism"

Nov 25, 2018, 10:30 PM [ in reply to What is this ]

Sensational posts to manufacture drama. Clemson has hundreds of thousands of "fans". I'm sure you can find one to say anything you want.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/yellow-journalism

Re: This style of journalism is self serving and worthless, David deserves every bit of

Nov 25, 2018, 10:14 PM [ in reply to This style of journalism is self serving and worthless, David deserves every bit of ]

You're all right Salty

Nov 25, 2018, 10:24 PM

Clemson is tripping over elevated status …

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

David deserves every bit of what he is getting.

Nov 25, 2018, 10:26 PM

Especially if he thinks our young men of Clemson deserves his click bait, hack job of an article. He is a full grown man who should be able to man up to the criticism his #### hit piece has rained down on him! Need a I remind in his video he starts off by saying, "Clemson's defense played what seemed like in a fog most of the night."? Those were his words. Then he comes up with some anonymous fan on the field for his article? Please... He knew what he was doing and truth be told he got what he and his bosses wanted him to do.Get Clicks!

With due respect, we gave up 600+ yards...

Nov 25, 2018, 10:38 PM

...overall and 500+ passing. Not sure how David Hood played into that.

Replies: 26
| visibility 9,402
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic