Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo was clearly calling you out David Hood..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Dabo was clearly calling you out David Hood..

Nov 26, 2018, 11:03 AM

The trash headline wasn't even the worst part. you hear one dumb fan say he wasn't happy and you think thats the pulse of the fans? We just beat the coots by 3 touchdowns and your picture is of a effing gamecock giving a Clemson defender a stiff arm to the ground. if you cant find a better headline and photo after a Gamecock beatdown then maybe you're the fan that needs to look in the mirror. you don't have to be a sunshine pumper but is that really the best headline you can come up with after a 21 point win against the coots? The D deserves to be criticized but in no way did that feel like a loss to me or anyone i was watching with. i know you just had a newborn so maybe you just need some more sleep and the person you actually saw in the hall was you looking into a mirror.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hold up, David Hood is not a fan

Nov 26, 2018, 11:09 AM

he is part of the media. he doesn't get paid to support clemson athletics.

you assume too much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

His job is to generate income for Tigernet

Nov 26, 2018, 11:11 AM

controversy generates income

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

bingo.. and his record in recruiting updates suggests

Nov 26, 2018, 11:37 AM

he doesn't throw up every stinkling rumor from some1's 3rd cousin who is a big time supporter

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

yeah Hood didn't do himself any favors...this ones gonna

Nov 26, 2018, 11:12 AM

follow him around for a while. Little bit of humble pie is good for us all sometimes. Those kinda headlines are the norm nowadays tho..clickbait, fake news, need a click type articles that i'm hoping will not become the norm on Tigernet. If you want those type articles just go to yahoo.com and read the negativity and spin articles on their...its a bastardization of the art of journalism.

Our D just needs to get back on track against Pitt......

Nov 26, 2018, 11:14 AM

that's what matters NOW.

Go read pages 18-22 of this message board from Saturday

Nov 26, 2018, 11:22 AM

night and tell me if you still believe David Hood was just relaying what "one dumb fan" said. It was also over this board Saturday night by a lot of posters (not from me, mind you, I'm always happy beating So Car, even if just by one point), including some who specifically said the win felt like a loss.

This blaming of D. Hood for writing an article accurately describing how a lot of fans felt and what a lot of fans said is absurd.

Why bring it to Dabo attention or the national spotlight

Nov 26, 2018, 11:24 AM

whats the agenda here? When the guy asked Dabo about Clemson ing what happened then? How is this any different. Poor form David, poor form

David Hood does not work for Clemson or Dabo...

Nov 26, 2018, 11:29 AM

All he did was write an article about the feeling of many fans (many on this very website).

How the heck is this his fault?

So if/when we struggle at any point in the future, is Hood supposed to just toe the company line and only write articles of support?

B/c he doesn't have the attitude Dabo instills in all of us

Nov 26, 2018, 11:39 AM

He's not better than the fans bitching and moaning if he's going to give them a voice. If we were 0-12, sure but we won by 3 TDs yet he chooses to focus on the negative 1 game defensive let down after capping off a 12-0 run, which happens how often in college football? How many times can we go 12-0? Very few and here he is looking at the negative. Why didn't he write an article about barely beating Bama for the national championship negatively? We won, be happy focus on the positive, let Dabo and company handle the negative privately.

Did you like his picture of a coot knocking down a tiger

Nov 26, 2018, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Go read pages 18-22 of this message board from Saturday ]

as part of the main story line as well? I guess he was just reinforcing his opinion that a 21 point win feels like a loss, and a picture of a coot knocking down a tiger is more appropriate after the "loss".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In case anyone forgot...

Nov 26, 2018, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Go read pages 18-22 of this message board from Saturday ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/This-is-a-loss-to-me-1856612?tstart=960

That's cool. I counted about 7 and I think one was

Nov 26, 2018, 11:36 AM

yea because we all know message boards are the most accurate

Nov 26, 2018, 11:34 AM [ in reply to Go read pages 18-22 of this message board from Saturday ]

way to judge a fan bases reaction. all im saying is he could of come up with a better headline and cover photo? im pretty sure you don't have to put a gamecock stiff arming a clemson defender to get clicks on an article. As for Mr Hood not being a fan, i've read enough of his articles to know he is one. he is a fan who happens to be in the media. i just think he was off on this point. the miserable fans complaining about a 21 point win against SCjr are the same ones you will see on THIS BOARD calling for Dabo's firing the first year we dont make the playoffs again.

Re: yea because we all know message boards are the most accurate

Nov 26, 2018, 11:39 AM

I'm judging your reaction right now .

On a message board.

DB23

Re: yea because we all know message boards are the most accurate

Nov 26, 2018, 11:43 AM

I'm judging your reaction of a reaction right now.

On a message board.

I do enjoy a good train.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Go read pages 18-22 of this message board from Saturday

Nov 26, 2018, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Go read pages 18-22 of this message board from Saturday ]

This ?

DB23

Re: Dabo was clearly calling you out David Hood..

Nov 26, 2018, 11:54 AM

If you think something is wrong that's fine, just don't make criticism PUBLIC. I remember when the administration ran Danny Ford off. It took us over 30 years to get back. Shame on fans that will do something to make Dabo take another offer. Kenny Hatfield took over after Danny and the program went to nothing. It was almost like the death penalty from the NCAA. If anyone thinks this is a loss, then they must think that Muskrat and the coots won.

No, he wasn't

Nov 26, 2018, 12:30 PM

He was simply decrying the attitude expressed by some (not all, not most, but some) fans who chose to focus on the negative after beating our rival by 3 TD's.

This has been blown WAY out of proportion by the echo-chamber reverb of all of us here.

David was not wrong to report what he heard from some fans at the game (and likely saw reinforced by some fans here).

Whichever reporter brought it up to Dabo was not wrong looking for a soundbite by bringing it up to him.

Dabo was not wrong in responding to it.

This is the very definition of a non-story.

It will slowly die after the reverb echos around for a bit.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic