Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Clemson versus Alabama part four? Both teams are in a good spot for it to happen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

TNET: Clemson versus Alabama part four? Both teams are in a good spot for it to happen

Jul 16, 2018, 1:59 PM

Clemson versus Alabama part four? Both teams are in a good spot for it to happen

Clemson versus Alabama for a fourth straight season? It could happen. Many will be rooting for yet another chapter in what has become a rivalry between the two football schools. Many, many more will be praying it doesn’t happen. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson versus Alabama part four? Both teams are in a good spot for it to happen

Jul 16, 2018, 2:02 PM

Dang, since so many pundits have already put us in the CFP final, I'm starting to worry that we'll lack the killer instict again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Clemson versus Alabama part four? Both teams are in a good spot for it to happen

Jul 16, 2018, 2:03 PM

Of course we'll be there, but Bama won't. They lost a lot of talent and will lose 2-3 games this season.

Jul 16, 2018, 2:07 PM

Alabama is the definition of reload not rebuild, losing talent and staying relevant is what they do best. I wouldn't expect them to go anywhere.

Jul 16, 2018, 9:14 PM

Here Here, and I definitely don't see Bama losing 2 games and absolutely not 3, and I would like to try some of what K_arena1 has been smoking!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2018, 5:58 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson versus Alabama part four? Both teams are in a good spot for it to happen ]

That can be said of us now, too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson versus Alabama part four? Both teams are in a good spot for it to happen ]

K_arena1 said:

Of course we'll be there, but Bama won't. They lost a lot of talent and will lose 2-3 games this season.

You don't even need to win your conference to make the playoffs anymore. Bama will surely be the first 2-loss playoff participant in the near future.

Jul 16, 2018, 2:33 PM

Alabama might be the 1st 2 loss playoff winner if they are the 1st 2 loss playoff participant.... look at their schedule and find 2 likely losses?
I only see 2 possible losses but not likely. @LSU and Auburn. They have Auburn at home.... @LSU can always be a loss... wicked things happen at LSU.

Jul 17, 2018, 5:57 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: Clemson versus Alabama part four? Both teams are in a good spot for it to happen ]

I don't know if that will happen, but it would be nice if it did. Who on their schedule will beat them, unless, maybe Auburn. ugay has the easiest path to the playoff again this year since they play in the weak side of that conference, IMO, so will those in charge set it up so that both of them get in without having to play each other again? I haven't even looked at either schedule, but ugay and AL have had the easiest path to the playoffs for a while now, but until Smart ugay couldn't even manage that. Our schedule sets up nicely, too, IMO. It will be interesting, and depending on our QB selection and his play, we have a great shot to make it 4 final 4's in a row and a 2nd NC in 3 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2018, 6:39 AM

And make it 3 of the last 4 National Championships! That’s the consistency Dabo was talking about.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Jul 17, 2018, 9:38 AM

Interesting part is that we do it with very high character players, with only a very few exceptions, one of the best graduation rates in the country and with players, many of whom, weren't considered the "elite" 5 stars. Also, listening to our players being interviewed is a pleasure as compared to some/most of the "student" athletes at other great programs.

David- Bellingham woman...

Jul 16, 2018, 2:54 PM

Reminded me of my favorite relative temperature story. Alistair Cooke was a British journalist who many moons ago reported from America. He was trying to explain to America why summers in New York were so brutal to him so he quoted a London Times headline- "74 Again Today- No Relief in Sight."

Jul 16, 2018, 5:02 PM

With Bryant, we won't beat Bama....

argue that if you like, but...
so far, its a fact.

Just get past A&M first.***

Jul 16, 2018, 6:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure Bama is the standard

Jul 16, 2018, 6:27 PM

And Clemson, Ohio State, and UGA are big time programs ...

Winning the national championship with Deshaun Watson was huge, and it put Clemson back on the national map. Last year we were out played and really out coached playing Bama. Thankfully it does not happen often with this new era Dabo-led Clemson team. IMHO the next major milestone is demonstrating we can win a natl championship without DW4.

Jul 20, 2018, 12:39 PM

Looks like Tigers are 15-20 point favorites in every game on paper — Dabo has created some serious expectations and good on him!

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic