Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Daughter at the game. Feared for her safety
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Daughter at the game. Feared for her safety

Nov 4, 2017, 10:04 PM

My daughter was at the game with two other Clemson Freshman. She applied to NC State and we’ve been on campus a ton of times. Made the mistake of parking on campus (under the advisement of a professor we know from there) and planned on taking the free shuttle to the game. Was harassed by so many State fans (Why are you here? Get out of here. This is our campus.) she was afraid to get on the shuttle so they had to Uber to the game from campus. I didn’t know about that until I texted her toward the end of the game and told her that it would likely be ugly and to just keep her head down, stay with orange clad people, be quiet and get out of there. She said ugly wasn’t the word. In her words “they are so mean here” Said their younger fans were savages.

I grew up in Syracuse. Northeast fans are known to be nasty but Raleigh? It’s a great city. Not sure why their fans are that way.

Thank goodness for Clemson. Both of my girls are Tigers and I’m so happy they are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank goodness she didn't have a laptop.***

Nov 4, 2017, 10:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

one of the worse fan bases this side of Columbia***

Nov 4, 2017, 10:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bunch of Yankees in Raleigh

Nov 4, 2017, 10:18 PM

The North invaded the South again, and stayed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bunch of Yankees in Raleigh

Nov 4, 2017, 10:19 PM

Well,I’m on my way down as well. Sorry.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bunch of Yankees in Raleigh

Nov 4, 2017, 10:27 PM

She is fortunate we won. 2011 was probably the worst I have ever seen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Raleigh is not a great city.

Nov 4, 2017, 10:36 PM

And sorry about your daughter’s experience. NCSU fans can be pretty bad.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

After today I totally expect an investigation into NCSU

Nov 4, 2017, 10:38 PM

Today was embarrassment. Crowd was ignorant and very condescending. No class and booed entire 4 quarters. I’m all for an avid fan base but NEVER talk to the other team or speak badly of them unless obvious reason. Not because you get beat. Refs didn’t do anything wrong, other than no holds called on NCSU which happened often. Doeren is a complete POS and he is becoming a sideshow and ACC needs him gone. Bad representation of sportsmanship and class, and he is not capable of anything worthwhile. His family and NCSU should be embarrassed by his actions and speech. Such a bad look for a great league. Between him, Jimbo and Petrino I’m thinking the ACC has the biggest set of ######### coaches in history of football. It pisses me off!!!

Happy your family is home safe but sorry for their experience. That should not happen and is not ever happening at Death Valley!

Re: Daughter at the game. Feared for her safety

Nov 4, 2017, 10:44 PM

They are terrible even at away games. THey don't mind vandalizing home team cars if they are the visitor. I remember a couple of them got caught when I was at Clemson for on of our games with them. I have never had issues with NCST grad colleagues, but their fanbase outside of that has been trash. I would put them slightly under Maryland for crappy fans I have had the pleasure to deal with.

Nov 4, 2017, 10:46 PM

My worst experience at an opposing stadium is at Raleigh... and that includes going to Athens, Boston, Columbia, Chapel Hill, and Tallahassee multiple times! Same treatment that your daughter received (and this was all they way back to the 90s too). I know lots of NCSU alum and work with them - they are good people - but their fan base are the nastiest people on game day. Very, very poor sports as a general rule on average (there are exceptions of course). May people never be able to say that about coming to Clemson!

I walked a long ways from god knows where to the game

Nov 4, 2017, 10:50 PM

and didn't have a bit of trouble. I have in the past, but not the last two times. Could be because I'm getting older and don't stir up the opposing fans like I used to do too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I walked a long ways from god knows where to the game

Nov 4, 2017, 10:58 PM

I live in raleigh and it’s not a trashy city. That said, NC State fans are the worst. I will never go back to agame there. Last time I was there (2007) I got trash thrown at me the entire game.

They are pathetic

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2017, 10:57 PM

Glad your daughter is safe.

Go Tigers......

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic