Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Daquan Bowers college career>Clowney's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Daquan Bowers college career>Clowney's

Jan 1, 2014, 8:09 PM

Bowers didn't quit in his junior season, he excelled. While Clowney never got anywhere close to reaching his potential. Don't want to post about coots. But I have always hated the false narrative that Bowers was a disappointment.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Daquan Bowers college career>Clowney's

Jan 1, 2014, 8:15 PM

yeah, whatever. I don't recall South Carolina quarterbacks being scared of Bowers. Be as delusional as you want. And you probably think Dabo is a good coach and not simply a boy cheerleader.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another delusional post. Good gawd***

Jan 1, 2014, 8:33 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jan 1, 2014, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Daquan Bowers college career>Clowney's ]

I dont think Blake Mitchell was scared of anything other than running out of cocaine and booze at 3:00 AM.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your daughter is a ho?

Jan 1, 2014, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Daquan Bowers college career>Clowney's ]

Not sure I'd be proud of that but I'm not a Coot so...

Bowers' and Clowney's college careers

Jan 1, 2014, 8:24 PM

are the opposites. Bowers started off as a disappointment and grew into his role as a leader, culminating with a great final season.

Clowney came in loud and proud making a lot of noise then quickly fizzled out when talent alone wouldn't push him straight to the top. He doesn't have the work ethic to be successful in college, and he'll be a bust in the pro's if he doesn't develop it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 1, 2014, 8:33 PM

Who has the sack record in Death Valley?

Jan 1, 2014, 9:26 PM

As if a single-game sack record at a particular venue isn't a completely arbitrary stat as it pertains to this discussion.

Jan 1, 2014, 9:31 PM

clowney had more sacks in that one game than Bowers had in his first two seasons.

Clowney was named All SEC this year by coaches and All-American by some other sources as well. if all you go by is stats than you don't know football.

Jan 1, 2014, 9:34 PM

Hence my pointing out how single-game stats in Death Valley mean nothing in this discussion. Durrrr.

Clowney did basically nothing this year. Really nothing...

Jan 1, 2014, 10:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Daquan Bowers college career>Clowney's ]

considering how talented he is. That was a complete joke he got named on those all teams because of hype. In his first 2 seasons Clowney was propped up by Devin Taylor and Melvin Ingram. With those 2 players gone, you saw the true Clowney this year. Who is lazy and is terrible at defending the run.

So, I guess....

Jan 1, 2014, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Daquan Bowers college career>Clowney's ]

if stats aren't the reason,,,and he has none this year....all his kudos must be for academics and character...but most of all a fooled media because of a one hit wonder.

Jan 2, 2014, 12:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Daquan Bowers college career>Clowney's ]

Clowney had more stats in that one game than he did all of this season. I hope he didn't clear space in his trophy case for the Heisman too early, because "the next Reggie White" should be able to get more than 3 sacks in 13 games. Even if it is against the most amazing football conference in the whole world where the third stringers at Vanderbilt would be instant starters on any NFL team.

What coot comes on tnet, worshiping us? JRMOOSE68***

Jan 1, 2014, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Daquan Bowers college career>Clowney's ]

Bowers had a higher single season sack total than Clowney..

Jan 1, 2014, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Daquan Bowers college career>Clowney's ]

ever had

but, clownboy had....

Jan 1, 2014, 10:23 PM

a hurt toe and a terrible virus for weeks that seems to have affected his breathing....he just huffs and puffs from one or 2 plays...gotta be the lasting effects of his illness

;)

Jan 1, 2014, 8:44 PM

I think given the great DL players that have played in DV over the years and Clowney beat ll of them in single game sacks, he must be pretty good

Jan 2, 2014, 12:08 AM

Bowers had more sacks in a single season than Clowney ever had. You fail to mention that.

Jan 1, 2014, 9:23 PM

Bowers played three years at death valley and never had 5 sacks in a game Clowney played one game there and set a stadium record. By the way didn't Bruce Smith and Julius Peppers play at death valley

Re: Daquan Bowers graduated***

Jan 1, 2014, 9:27 PM

Jan 1, 2014, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Daquan Bowers college career>Clowney's ]

Which proves absolutely nothing.

I'm not saying Bowers was necessarily better than Clowney, but you're gonna have to find something other than an arbitrary, meaningless "record" that's basically an anomaly.

Clowney is and always has been hyped up as a product of his high school highlight tape, along with some occasional flashes of brilliance in the 2012 Georgia and Clemson games and the big hit in the bowl games.

He is not the consistent force of a Julius Peppers (even as lazy as he was) or a Mario Williams. The small number of freakish athletic plays he makes does not justify the hype.

But I guess we'll see in about 8 months.

Clowney went to SCU for 3 years and never went to class***

Jan 1, 2014, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Daquan Bowers college career>Clowney's ]

Lol at coot logic

Jan 1, 2014, 10:29 PM

I think he is pretty good because (stat)

If you think stats tell the whole story you're stupid

Ok so you're stupid?

Re: Lol at coot logic

Jan 1, 2014, 11:16 PM

Let me help all you guys. Clowney is lazy, stupid, overrated, and nothing but hype, correct? In that case, according to some of our more seriously chaffed Tiger brethern, the NFL scouts will see through the scam, and will never, under any circumstance, waste a draft pick on him, right? The best he can possibly hope for is a free agent contract from a team that has a defensive playbook with D1ck and Jane pictures. Poor, poor Jadeveon!

Re: Lol at coot logic

Jan 2, 2014, 12:13 AM

I don't understand why you hang around here so much. This is a Clemson message board, but you're dying for some justification from our fan base. Clemson fans will call Clowney whatever they want. You have done the same thing for our players, saying that Sammy Watkins and Nuk Hopkins were overrated and wouldn't even start at USC. Ha. One was already a first round pick and the other will be in 4 months time.

What people say about Clowney isn't just made up by fans. Watch a game and the announcers are always questioning his toughness, his mental makeup, and his work ethic. He didn't even come close to living up to the hype he had coming in to this season. Anything that is thrown at him is pretty deserving. You run around like a rock star saying everyone is afraid of you and then you take a giant dump on the field every week, some folks are going to call you out, Doo Doo.

I'll take 85 Clowneys.

Jan 2, 2014, 12:34 PM

You guys are joking right? He's the best college athlete since Calvin Johnson or Adrian Peterson.

Now that's a joke^

Jan 2, 2014, 12:39 PM

Like him or not Cam Newton will probably go down as one of if not the most impactful college athletes to play the game and he actually won the award that signifies that. Oh and they played each other. Remeber how that turned out? What games did Clowney take over and win for the coots. Clemson last year and an Outback bowl. What a list of accomplishments.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic