Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Danny Ford Story...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,688

Danny Ford Story...

Jul 8, 2016, 4:03 PM

I was back home for a visit this past weekend from Houston with my fiance. She is a sports nut and a Longhorn fan, but has no affiliation as she graduated from a small nursing school many years ago. Through visits back home and watching on the television, she has become a big fan and proudly sports her Orange and Purple (Purple is a favorite color of hers so that helped as well).

Anyway, we made a run to Bi-Lo in Pendleton with my two older daughters to pick up a few last minute items on the 4th. As we were walking in, we saw Coach walking out, looking like he just came in from the fields, pushing a shopping cart full of groceries. I said how are you doing coach and he replied "Good, how you doin' young man?" (I'm in my fifties). I said good and we walked on in the store. One of my daughters said to my fiance, "now that is about as close to royalty as you'll get around Pendleton". I explained who he was and got to share some stories about him and the great teams and players from his era. How the bar he set so long ago helped fuel the expectations that forced the administration to keep making the changes that got us to where we are today. She was amazed at how he is so casual and friendly even though as I explained, he can't go anywhere without being recognized and approached. She said, "I bet Mack Brown isn't grocery shopping and if he did, he would'n't give you the time of day". That helped cement her as a Tiger even more. He is still a wonderful ambassador for Clemson University just being a good ol' friendly farmer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Click here to read Gabi's Story

Re: Danny Ford Story...

Jul 8, 2016, 4:53 PM

Good story. If ole Danny was in the presidential race, he'd get my vote That probably isn't saying much. lol

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Danny Ford Story...

Jul 8, 2016, 5:34 PM

When I was in college in the late 80's I worked summers on the beef cattle farm. We had a little area in the main barn/building where we would gather at lunch or take breaks during the day. I recall several occasions Coach Ford stopping by to pass the time with us and talk cows. Didn't talk football, just cows and farming. Just as easy going and nice a guy as you would ever meet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,688
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic