Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Daniel Rodriguez
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,945

Daniel Rodriguez

Jul 28, 2012, 8:47 AM

I watched the Raycom video last night and one word describes it...inspirational.

After watching it, another video link appeared on Youtube. It was a Dan Rather report on Daniel Rodriguez. I didn't realize that Daniel really wanted to play at VT. They even interviewed Beamer. Anyone know why Beamer didn't offer him or maybe he did?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not sure on Beamer's reasoning

Jul 28, 2012, 8:49 AM

but I thank him for it. Tiger Nation is amazing, but it just got better having Daniel Rodriguez a part of it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure on Beamer's reasoning

Jul 28, 2012, 8:54 AM

I completely agree. I just don't see why anyone would pass on the opportunity to have this young man on their team. Sounds like he had a full ride with his GI bill so it wouldn't have used one of their scholarships.

Re: Daniel Rodriguez

Jul 28, 2012, 9:42 AM

VT did offer, but Dabo sent him a email asking him to visit and then we offered.

Jul 28, 2012, 9:46 AM

I think that the only thing that has been offered, is a chance to walk on. There has never been a scholarship offer from Clemson nor VT.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 28, 2012, 9:47 AM

I thought we offered a scholarship?

nope, he's using his gi bill. he has a chance to earn one

Jul 28, 2012, 9:50 AM

i imagine. also, you can't 'just walk on' at cu or vpi. you are invited to do so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right

Jul 28, 2012, 9:58 AM

just found an article stating that he is using his GI Bill. Glad he decided to use it at Clemson instead of VT.

Here's hoping Fuller was recruited by Rodriguez to come to Clemson instead of VT!

Re: You're right

Jul 28, 2012, 11:24 AM

The only thing is his GI Bill is only good for 36 months of classes. I believe he has used at least 1 year in the Community College he attended. So that only leaves him with 2 years left on his GI Bill. But looking at his videos and the drive and inspiration he has, it will not take long before Dabo offers him a scholarship.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has turned down a movie offer.

Jul 28, 2012, 11:30 AM

If he need a few hundred thou to get him through his PHD all he has to do is sign his name.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: VT never offered, they talked to him and in his words

Jul 28, 2012, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Daniel Rodriguez ]

things cooled off on their end. He doesn't need a scholarship b/c of his GI bill, he has been cleared by the NCAA and will be a part of the team this year. I'm sure Dabo will use him in some capacity. This man has some abilities.

Jul 28, 2012, 12:45 PM

Here's the Raycom video on Daniel. It's an amazing video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAEnAN397PU

Let me tell you when he talked about running down the hill

Jul 28, 2012, 5:54 PM

carrying the names and spirit of all his dead comrades I had tears welling up in my eyes. I am pulling for this young man to make a positive impact on this team and to live his dream.

GO TIGERS!!!!

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tears were streaming down my face when he said that. Well, I

Jul 28, 2012, 6:06 PM

Am pregnant so I pretty much cry at the drop of a hat....poor husband! I could see rodriguez being similar to the honey badger. I had no clue he was 5 ft 9 cause he plays like a beast! It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog. I'm #### proud he is a Clemson Tiger!

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,945
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic