Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dan Radakovich said the basketball infrastructure was in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Dan Radakovich said the basketball infrastructure was in

Mar 25, 2019, 12:59 PM

place three years ago and that expectations were going up.

"I know that we have not enjoyed the success that we desire but we are now investing in the infrastructure of the program and positive results will be expected."

What would be a realistic expectation for Clemson's fanbase for our return to the NCAA Tournament if Brad stays? Next year? The year after? 3 years from now?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dan Radakovich said the basketball infrastructure was in

Mar 25, 2019, 1:01 PM

So many new guys playing next year makes it doubtful. 2 years from would be more realistic

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson should expect be in the NCAA Tournament...

Feb 22, 2012, 9:04 PM

eight out of every ten years.

Brownell couldn't get a team of senior veterans in the tournament this year. Anyone who thinks he can do it next year with a much younger team is lying to themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Clemson should expect be in the NCAA Tournament...

Mar 25, 2019, 1:40 PM

I'd be happy with 4-5 NCAAs and 3-4 NITs per 10 year period, with missing on postseason altogether only during 1-2 "rebuild years" out of every 10. I really think that is obtainable.

BigCUFan® said:

eight out of every ten years.

Brownell couldn't get a team of senior veterans in the tournament this year. Anyone who thinks he can do it next year with a much younger team is lying to themselves.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thats a good number, every other year would be acceptable

Mar 25, 2019, 3:22 PM

as a Clemson basketball fan. So 5 out of 10 is about right. Achievable.

Re: thats a good number, every other year would be acceptable

Mar 26, 2019, 9:55 AM

So you want to be an Indiana level program?

Re: Clemson should expect be in the NCAA Tournament...

Mar 26, 2019, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Clemson should expect be in the NCAA Tournament... ]

You do know that 4 NCAA appearances in 10 years is the best we have ever done? And that only happened twice, over ANY 10-year period. 8 is a fine hope, but as a goal it is a very big stretch.

5 NCAA trips every 10 years and a few more NITs is a realistic, but still ambitious, goal. If we can get back to that level and keep the program moving forward for a few years, then we can start thinking about making the tourney 80% of the time.

When he called and asked for a donation he also said

Mar 25, 2019, 1:16 PM

that our new facilities would place us in the top half of the acc.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From a facilities standpoint....

Mar 25, 2019, 1:25 PM

we are in the top half of the league.

From a coaching and performance standpoint, we aren't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

you have to take into account that

Mar 25, 2019, 1:42 PM

KJ left early, and we had to play an entire season on the road... Once Brad is able to overcome those disadvantages, we should be poised to make some noise.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol

Mar 25, 2019, 1:53 PM

the KJ excuse never gets old.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently you forgot about the entire season we sucked

Mar 25, 2019, 2:07 PM [ in reply to you have to take into account that ]

because Blossomgame elevated his game. And OP left the cupboard bare.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Funny

Mar 25, 2019, 2:42 PM [ in reply to you have to take into account that ]

but not.

Our recruiting needs to be a a high enough level, we would

Mar 25, 2019, 4:54 PM [ in reply to you have to take into account that ]

lose one early most every year!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are right.

Mar 25, 2019, 1:49 PM

Barring a miracle, there will be no post-season play for Clemson basketball next year.

Mar 25, 2019, 1:57 PM

Since the facilities are online to where we can show people/recruits, we are 45-24, 20-16 in conference play.

I say that Brownell has 2 years left, one if next year is really ugly (sub .500 overall, kids quit). The next class is promising but young so there might be some patience there but the 20-21 is a win now year.

it's amazing to me that year 11 would be your "win now" year***

Mar 25, 2019, 4:56 PM

Brad's gone after next year

Mar 25, 2019, 2:51 PM

Realistic next NCAA window probably not until 21-22. He doesn't have that much capital left

Brad likely needs to make the NCAA Tournament next year

Mar 25, 2019, 2:58 PM

to keep his job. He will have to decide now if he wants to accept that challenge, or resign and take another job now.

He won't have any trouble getting a solid job when the time comes.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Enjoy your well thought out post and replies

Mar 25, 2019, 3:29 PM

As a Clemson fan who is as big of a basketball fan as football I get our place in history. We are only member of the original ACC to never make the final four. We are also the only team to never win the tournament. We simply historically aren't very good. I also get your thoughts for patience as it takes time to build up a good team however there are two things that are undermining the patience....

1. Ambivalence- there seems to be a growing lack of energy and enthusiasm towards the program. The attendance after a strong year should have been better but for whatever reason simply didn't translate. We both agree if maybe the fan support was there then maybe the results could have been better. But for whatever reason Brad simply doesn't or hasn't connected with the fan base. Rick connected with the fans because he had a charm about him and he showed consistent improvement. The fans liked OP's style. One lesson I've learned in business is you can have a great or improving product but if the customer isn't buying it does it really matter how good it is? The fans are voting with their lack of attendance. I am not saying I agree with it but it's happening and Dan R obviously sees the empty seats.

2. You would think football success would help basketball. Rising tides raises all boats. However when you discuss excellence in one sport and compare it to a complete lack of excellence in another sport its magnifies the short comings. I've been a Clemson fan for almost fifty years so I get comparing basketball and football isn't similar but in fans eyes who support the programs with their hard earned dollars it is. In today's busy world they determine do I want to spend my free day going to Clemson---not an easy place to get to for the vast majority. Unfortunately more and more have stayed home. I wish it wasn't the case but it is and Dan has to deal in reality not hopes. The product is sitting on the shelf...not moving.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Enjoy your well thought out post and replies

Mar 25, 2019, 8:18 PM

Your post sums it up very well..,,,I agree with you 1000%.......Go Tigers!!!!!

Re: Brad likely needs to make the NCAA Tournament next year

Mar 25, 2019, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Brad likely needs to make the NCAA Tournament next year ]

Getting a solidjob. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

NOT that many dumb AD's left.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they messed the atmosphere up in Littlejohn is all i've seen***

Mar 25, 2019, 3:19 PM

Re: they messed the atmosphere up in Littlejohn is all i've seen***

Mar 25, 2019, 3:31 PM

The new layout has sucked all the life out of that place. Folks in those gray seats hanging out in the bar and not in their seats hurts because of all the empty seats. The design is terrible.

GT did the same thing at Bobby Dodd when it was

Mar 25, 2019, 3:33 PM

renovated and the same result happened. The gold seats between the 20's remain empty during the game as the donors enjoy the AC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 25, 2019, 4:12 PM [ in reply to Re: they messed the atmosphere up in Littlejohn is all i've seen*** ]

just wondering, do you talk as much sh! t about ga tech and uga in your articles. to be a so called clemson supporter i have never seen you write anything good about clemson.

Mar 25, 2019, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: they messed the atmosphere up in Littlejohn is all i've seen*** ]

This.

The atmosphere at the Wichita State was better as the "general admissions allowed folks to slide down closer but the grey seats are empty. Still attendance was sub 4,000 I think but the crowd felt better than some other games. Likely because all the 4-15 year old kids showed up and could get close to the court.

They need to cut the $$$ seats out unless they are filling them. If not filled, let those that bothered to show up take them.

Mar 25, 2019, 8:14 PM

Based on Brad’s past history at Clemson 2 times in the next 9 years.....if we are lucky......but since he no longer has any of Purnell’s players to work with 1 time in the next 9 seasons is probably a more realistic goal for him......whoopy doo and Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic