Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dak Joyner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Dak Joyner

Aug 22, 2019, 12:37 PM

Just heard on coot radio that dak joyner is now 3rd or 4th string QB and they are playing him at positions other than QB...LOL.

Clemson coaches tried telling him that 3 years ago. Poor kid was promised to play QB by muschamp now he's stuck on a 7 win team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dak Joyner

Aug 22, 2019, 1:05 PM

Kid wanted to beat Clemson because the coaches were honest with him (cough cough Feaster). Now I bet he’s looking back and kicking himself. Could have a National Championship ring and 2 ACC Championship rings with his buddies XT and John Simpson. Instead u of 5c owns a 16-10 record since he’s been there. Never sniffing a SEC Championship much less the playoffs and this year will be more of the same. I know Clemson isn’t for everyone but I really do believe Dabo and Co. are always upfront and honest with all players which sets them apart from the rest.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 1:16 PM

I live in the low country and was told by a Fort Dorchester coach during Dak's sophomore year and that there was no doubt he was going to Clemson. He said Simpson's decision was the final straw.

I was super excited at the time.

This was of course before any of us knew we would have Trevor Lawrence and probably before we knew about Brice or Hunter Johnson either.

In the couple of years following, Joyner's passing didn't develop the way everyone expected and Clemson's QB room took a major upturn in talent.

Aug 22, 2019, 4:06 PM

Clemson never offered or recruited him as a QB.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Aug 22, 2019, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Dak Joyner ]

They are 7-6 since he’s been there, not 16-10.

Aug 22, 2019, 10:31 PM

You’re right. I thought he red shirted one year and played minimally last year.

Aug 22, 2019, 1:15 PM

Gents,

The kid wanted to play QB. Muschamp said he'd get a shot at QB and he got a fair shot. Muschamp didn't BS him. he kept his word.

Don't fault the kid because he decided to take a chance at QB and wanted to prove those who didn't recruit him as a QB wrong. I know a certain coach who says, "If you are going to dream, dream big."

BTW, he's still a QB. Just a third string QB. If he switches positions, that's up to him and not the coaches. There's not reason to fault him or Muschamp.

Aug 22, 2019, 1:22 PM

There is a reason he only got a couple big schools to offer him as a QB. He didn't develop as a passer in the way that people thought he would when he was younger.

Muschamp knew what was going to happen when he was recruiting him. He recruited an athlete, not a QB to his program.

The only thing Muschamp can be credited for doing the right way was letting him practice at QB long enough to get beat by somebody younger than him and possibly make his own decision to change positions after.

A fair shot would have been letting him get some game time at QB last year to show what he could do in a live situation. I can't imagine his athleticism works very well for him in practice to show what he could do as a runner from the QB spot.

Aug 22, 2019, 1:38 PM

Kid is going to need therapy one day when he realizes that certain people in life were honest with him and he did not listen. A proven National Championship winning coach was offering him a scholarship to come play one of the top 2 programs in the country, but that he was not being recruited as a QB.

I feel sure that Dabo told him his best chance to get to the NFL was to play a different position and that he could come to Clemson to do that. Joyner did not listen and did not look at the facts that he was not being heavily recruited as a QB and made a dumb decision. Now he is stuck trying to learn a new position with half brain coaches at a lower tier SEC East team.

Muschamp might have been honest with this young man, but if we are all being honest Muschamp would take just about any athlete that would come to SC at that time.

Aug 22, 2019, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Re: Dak Joyner ]

I think that's debatable, since we don't know what Muschamp actually thought at the time. It's not like they had the talent at QB that we've had lately or anything, and perhaps he felt as if they could coach up his passing abilities? I mean, I love any chance to pile on those guys, but it's not like we really know what happened.

Aug 22, 2019, 1:57 PM

What you are saying is true that we don't really know his plan but it sure seems fishy that everyone who was recruiting him as a QB early in high school backed off of that idea except for two.

Everybody still wanted him on their team but not at his high school position.

The idea that Mr. Sell Ice to an Eskimo was completely honest in this situation is hard to imagine.

I agree, Mustcoot is an idiot and really thought that the

Aug 22, 2019, 2:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Dak Joyner ]

kid could play QB at this level.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mustcoot even let him throw a pass last year!***

Aug 22, 2019, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Dak Joyner ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2019, 2:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Dak Joyner ]

Whether Muschamp thought he had D1 QB talent or not frankly really doesn't matter. DJ asked for a shot at QB and Muschamp gave it to him. No one here was in the room when ANY coach spoke to DJ about his college future. You can get good advice from folks and you can ignore it because you either don't believe them or you just want to give it a shot anyway.

BLUF is this impacts Clemson absolutely zero. There's no reason for fans here to vilify either party.

Aug 22, 2019, 2:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Dak Joyner ]

Actually Dabo offered him as a Athlete but did tell him that he would have a chance at QB but he would be better suited at another position. Muskrat offered him as a QB therefore he assumed he would have a chance at QB. My bet is he'll be leaving USuC in a couple of years because of that. I just don't believe Muskrat was honest to him and knew all along he wouldn't be a QB. He just wanted to make sure that he didn't end up at Clemson beating him at any position.

Aug 22, 2019, 10:45 PM

2 things:
1) What the heck does Muschump know about a QB. EVERY QB that ever played for him actually regressed under his watch. Driscoll was highly ranked and nosedived. Recovered his career at Louisiana Tech after transferring away from UF. Brissett? Had to go to NCSt to show he had skills. Both guys are in the NFL now, Brissett may be a starter at some point. Even Jake 5-head looked better as a freshman than he did as a junior.

And did Muscramp really give him a fair shake at QB? He played in like ONE game. Could have played in 4. Mismanaged is an understatement. But then I guess they probably did need Jake in all game to best PC or whoever they beat. But I question the " Fair
Shake" theory. And it may not hurt us, but if hes not honest, kids need to know that. Besides, friends dont let friends become chickens.

They let him play QB his red shirt year

Aug 22, 2019, 2:00 PM

now he's got to move

Re: They let him play QB his red shirt year

Aug 22, 2019, 4:02 PM

Maybe Missouri will take him.

Aug 22, 2019, 6:29 PM

You know, every once in awhile I read an OP thats wrong, uninformed and just plain ridiculous.. I just read this one by A912....

Shame on you, talking garbage about the coots actually winning seven games...

I would give you a TD, but maybe you were just making a funny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: “stuck on a 7 win team”

Aug 22, 2019, 8:31 PM

Don’t you think that’s a bit generous??

In all seriousness, I like the kid and hope he gets on the field at some point. We knew from the beginning he wasn’t going to get a legit shot at QB unfortunately. Wish he came here as an athlete.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic