Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo..Here to stay!! A man from Ala. has brought us out of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Dabo..Here to stay!! A man from Ala. has brought us out of

Feb 12, 2013, 5:25 PM

the wilderness we have been in the last 20 yrs.Recruiting like never before at Clemson.Winning the right way....What they say now??? Oh yeah Coot beatdown on deck.Its coming!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo..Here to stay!! A man from Ala. has brought us out of

Feb 12, 2013, 6:48 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson's coming...

Feb 12, 2013, 6:52 PM

nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chad Morris staying is more important.***

Feb 12, 2013, 6:55 PM

Re:A couple of years ago, were you not saying that he is

Feb 12, 2013, 7:03 PM

just a high school coach with no experience and now you are afraid that he might move on. There many good coaches, out there, and Clemson will have them lining up for the job.

Dabo can get another Chad! There are a bunch of high school

Feb 12, 2013, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Chad Morris staying is more important.*** ]

coaches out there running the same scheme and doing just as well as he did.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

Re: Dabo can get another Chad! There are a bunch of high school

Feb 12, 2013, 11:25 PM

I don't know if I'd knock on one coach to defend another.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is not a knock to tell the truth. There are others out

Feb 12, 2013, 11:52 PM

there just as capable as Chad Morris. I like him and appreciate everything he has done, but the world will not end when he leaves. Someone will step in and do well running the same scheme.

Tiger/Terrier

What you just said is false.

Feb 13, 2013, 3:04 AM [ in reply to Dabo can get another Chad! There are a bunch of high school ]

There are not "a bunch" of coaches going 169-38 over 16 years as a HS head coach. There are not "a bunch" of coaches going 16-0 back-to-back for two state titles. In Texas. In 4A (second highest division).

Nor are there many OCs finishing in the top five in total offense. In their first year. At Tulsa.

Chad Morris is a gem. He will not be replaced at all, much less easily. My hope is that someone's job right now is to follow Morris around and soak up every bit of information possible, and then when he leaves we attempt to run a reasonable approximation of the offense. That's as good as it's going to get.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funny, when Chad was struggling as an offensive

Feb 13, 2013, 7:14 AM

coordinator in Texas, he called Gus Malzahn. He became successful and then a head coach. How many more has Malzahn instructed in his seminars through out the years? There are more out there who know and understand the same scheme Morris is running here. It is Malzahn's offense and he's taught it to dozens.

Tiger/Terrier

Feb 12, 2013, 6:55 PM

We have a perfect combination....Dabo's recruiting prowess and the best coordinators in CFB. Anybody who isn't excited abt our future needs to have their heads examined.

Feb 12, 2013, 7:28 PM

Like what he's doing in recruiting but is there another Clemson coach in history who has lost 4 straight to the birds? This year is the witching year for Dabo IMO. If we beat UGA, it gives the one-point LSU bowl win much more credence. This is the year of Dabo...

Feb 12, 2013, 8:39 PM

I guess I need to have my head examined. Is there any other fan base in the entire history of NCAA football that has been so unrealistically and emotionally in love with their coach as some Clemson fans are with Dabo. Hail, we don't need to use Haley's plane......just let Dabo put on his cape and fly around he country to recruit. Geez, we get embarassed by Carolina (the football one) 4 years in a row, dominate the All-Cup-Cake league as we should (except for FSU), get hammered in the OB, beat a sorry AU program, but win the CFA in a truly impressive manner, and all of a sudden he's the 2nd coming of Vince Lombardi, and parents are naming their babies after him. What will happen if UGA beats us by 3 or 4 TD's? Anybody gonna jump off the bridge? Look, I think Dabo has grown, and is growing as a successful CEO-type coach, but lets not get ahead of ourselves, boys and girls. Let's not kid ourselves either! This first game is a huge, monster game for Dabo and the entire football program. Being all in is one thing--being crazy is another matter.

Feb 12, 2013, 9:01 PM

Precisely...If he beats UGA, then we're onto something.

Schedule the cranium exam now, Bengal....

Feb 12, 2013, 9:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo..Here to stay!! A man from Ala. has brought us out of ]

I was somewhat skeptical of Dabo his first 3 years but have grown to appreciate him for what he can do for us. Is he a Danny Ford? No. Is he a huge improvement over Bowden? Absolutely. His only black mark is losing 4 in a row to Carolina. He has proven he can recruit. He can win our conference. He can beat SEC teams. And he loves Clemson. Sometimes you just have to step back and look at the entire body of work. We are winning like we haven't in a very, very long time. Enjoy it...

Feb 12, 2013, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo..Here to stay!! A man from Ala. has brought us out of ]

Wow, this sounds like a Gamecock post. Knock the coach, bring up the non-issue plane foolishness, remind everyone about four in a row, bring up the weak ACC stuff...... this crap gets old somethimes.

Coots Days Are Numbered

Feb 12, 2013, 7:35 PM

Coot losses are where we lost ground with our coaching change and them simultaneously having their best coach in their crappy history. The worm is about to turn. And when it does it's going to be ugly for the chickens. Not only are we going to beat them back into the hole they crawled out of, but we'll be making some runs at the title to boot. Suck it Coots! Clemson ain't coming, WE'RE already there!

Re: Coots Days Are Numbered

Feb 12, 2013, 7:51 PM

Well said Big Orange. Well said...

Re: Coots Days Are Numbered

Feb 12, 2013, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Coots Days Are Numbered ]

We're on a 4yr dry run - think we'll be "there" when we actually beat them...Speculation about recruits and words in a forum doesn't quite get us there.

Got to Call It One Way or the Other

Feb 12, 2013, 7:59 PM

It's a matter of what you believe. And I for one believe 2013 will be the year of the Tiger.

your little 4 yr run is miniscule to the ownership Clemson

Feb 13, 2013, 11:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Coots Days Are Numbered ]

has on USuC...smh

Feb 12, 2013, 9:06 PM

Cohiba - I'm almost there with you - this season is pivotal...The UGA game will be telling...And if we lose a close affair, how we rebound.

Believe me....it took a while for me to get here...

Feb 12, 2013, 9:12 PM

I've always liked meat and potatoes-type coaches.....not a big fan of the rah rah types. And I admit I was somewhat taken aback by his over the top enthusiasm (and the coot rant, which could have been more effective with half the words). But he has won me over. The LSU win pushed me over the top. This guy GETS it. He knows he's in a special place and appreciates it. I see us thriving for a long time under his leadership.

HATE to see fans put the 1st game as the make or break

Feb 12, 2013, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo..Here to stay!! A man from Ala. has brought us out of ]

game for the season. Remember the years we lost early and never recovered. Dabo will not let that happen if we do lose. HOW MANY teams lost ZERO games this year? Players need to be playing loose in that game.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic