Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 111
| visibility 51

FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest

Sep 14, 2016, 6:20 PM

Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest

Sep 14, 2016, 6:23 PM

This is the first time I haven't been proud of Nuk. He's not looking at the bigger picture and I am disappointed in him for this. I still love ya Nuk

Sep 14, 2016, 6:51 PM

fully agree and oh yeah he is living a tough life now...

still love ya kid... always played with class.

Sep 14, 2016, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

So disappointed in this comment from Nuk! If he beli CES in what he commented then he had no right to comment on Dabo's comments since he is not in Dabo's position and has no way of understanding how Dabo feels. Dabo is an incredible man who did not put down anyone in his comments but some people always have to dig deeper to find something offensive when it comes to race no matter who is making the comment. It's really sad to know that so many people cannot just take a comment for what it's worth.

Sep 14, 2016, 9:16 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

He's not looking at the big picture? You're not looking at the big picture. What you mean to say is, you're not proud of him, because he's giving a perspective you're not comfortable discussing. I love Dabo, his heart is in the right place, and it's important to have dialogue from all sides. The whole point of protest is to make you feel uncomfortable. If you can't see the point of protesting decades, even centuries of systematic racism, then you my friend are missing the big picture.

It is you my friend...

Sep 15, 2016, 12:48 AM

...missing the big picture, being gullible and taken in by pure propaganda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lil Wayne said racism isn't real

Sep 15, 2016, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

So, it's not real.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Sep 14, 2016, 6:24 PM

Great response Nuk.

Sep 14, 2016, 6:29 PM

I disagree for reasons I've stated above ( or below).

Sep 14, 2016, 6:30 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

Dabo pretty much let all of the black players that have played for him down.

Sep 14, 2016, 6:40 PM

How so?

Clue------ coot pulse=coot! Jealousy!***

Sep 14, 2016, 11:31 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2016, 6:41 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

You are full of it, Coot!! Dabo is probably The Most understanding, caring and embracing college football coach in the nation towards minorities and all players, no matter their race, religion or sexuality!! He came up from absolutely NOTHING, had an alcoholic father and a completely broken home. He was called names throughout his childhood and picked on relentlessly. He was raised on welfare and handouts. Only football and his faith saved him and got him to where he is today!! To say he let any of his players down (black, white, red or yellow) is a statement that only a VERY IGNORANT person would make or either one that is from an opposing team that is upset by how successful Clemson's program has become!!

Could not have said it better***

Sep 14, 2016, 6:43 PM

Sep 14, 2016, 7:02 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

Spot on, orangeman!!! Excellent post.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2016, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

That coot and the other coots will sell their mother and their sisters to a cheap whorehouse if they thought it would hurt Clemson's recruiting by only two!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 15, 2016, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

Absolutely Orangeman. You read my mind. Are all these people forgetting where Dabo came from? How he got out through dedication and faith? People hear what they want to hear, and they have selective memories.

Which part

Sep 14, 2016, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

let them down the most, the part where he praised Martin Luther King Jr. or the part where he reminded everyone that the bible says you are to love your neighbor as yourself? Take your feathery butt back to the coop, the Pirates will be paying a visit in a few days to finish what Mississippi State started.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2016, 7:48 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

But not near as badly as that drunk you coots had as coach, you know the one, the one that preached why not us, that's right, Steve Spurrier!!!! He found out why not the coots, and as soon as he did, he packed it in and hauled A$S!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2016, 8:07 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

You're an idiot

Sep 14, 2016, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

Your Coot opinion matters not

Sep 15, 2016, 1:43 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

As a black man that is a hypocritical load of crap! Dabo spoke the absolute TRUTH! Nothing in ther was racist! You forget, my father could you own land, couldn't vote, or couldn't use the same restroom or same water fountain as a white man! A black man couldn't even ATTEND Clemson University in the year of my birth! You are a bunch of spoiled, entitled, blow hards! You want to change something?! Get off your lazy ### and do so,etching positive. Black live matter definitely doesn't have our best interest at heart. They support the mirder of innocent policemen. If you want to change the world, you do it like MLK did! Just like Dabo said! Through education in the face of your ignorance! Through love in the face of your hate! Through peace in the face of violence! And to say a white man can't speak on the issue because he hasn't experienced it is the most ignorant thing I've heard in my life. I've never given birth, but I can dang sure appreciate how painful it is for a woman to do so! The problem is this thug mentality, thinking the white man don't understand. I tell you what. For this to change, it has to change in everyone. Everyone has made Dabo a scapegoat when all he did was tell the truth. 99.9% of every white, black, whatever color agrees with him that I know face to face. People hiding behind an avatar or a crowd sure can act a #### fool!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You, Cooter, are an idiot.***

Sep 15, 2016, 8:10 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

Nuk hasnt kneeled for the anthem has he?***

Sep 14, 2016, 6:24 PM

Sep 14, 2016, 6:28 PM

That's not the way to speak on it Nuk! I have the same skin as you do and I hate racism but sitting down during the National Anthem is not making a statement against racism. Does Obama sit down? Didn't Beyoncé sing it proudly? I'm so disappointed in this narrow-minded viewpoint.

Sep 14, 2016, 7:05 PM

Wish I could give you multiple TU's, Thecatch2. Great post!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could've sworn Dabo said he had no problem with expressing your views

Sep 14, 2016, 6:34 PM

but he didn't like using your team as a platform. Didn't he say call a press conference ? I didn't know the American Flag stood for everything that has gone wrong in everybody's personal life. Nuk is right, I don't know what it's like to be him, and he sure doesn't know what it's like to be me. I've been through more than most people and been treated badly more times by others than I can remember, I don't blame the American Flag, I blame the individuals. Dabo had a horrible life. Does he blame the flag for what happened to him?

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Yeah apparently some people can't read or

Sep 14, 2016, 6:40 PM

I hope you are right and thought the same thing. Hopefully

Sep 14, 2016, 6:43 PM

Nuk has been busy to where he hasn't heard the complete story.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Yeah apparently some people can't read or

Sep 14, 2016, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Yeah apparently some people can't read or ]

Agreed, I figure he hadn't read Dabo's comments and some reporter "summarized" what Dabo said for him and asked for an opinion. His response should have been something like, "I don't know because I haven't read what Coach said for myself."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nuk probably doesn't know everything Dabo said

Sep 15, 2016, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Could've sworn Dabo said he had no problem with expressing your views ]

and for sure the media probably edited that part out.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

someone needs to ask Nuk

Sep 14, 2016, 6:37 PM

what being called a n----- has to do with the national anthem...

ask him what is being protested... bullies?

and while we're at it, he should give the name of the principal that told him that... cause I'm not sure i'm buying that...

c'mon Nuk

Re: someone needs to ask Nuk

Sep 14, 2016, 7:26 PM

I totally agree...it's that same victim mindset that gets taught frome generation to generation

Re: someone needs to ask Nuk

Sep 15, 2016, 9:26 AM [ in reply to someone needs to ask Nuk ]

Nuk needs to name names. If someone did that he should be called out and be accountable. If not, don't say it. Dabo was givng his opinion on a football player bringing attention to himself and acting in a divisive manner in a team sport. He stood apart from his team and knelt when everyone else stood together. Dabo continues by saying that the world would be better if we loved one another as our self. I believe he is right. What harm was said? Like Nuk, Capernick needs to be specific in his protest. Police shootings? Which ones? Some are self defense. Some are mistakes. Yes, police are human. Some are from bad cops doing wrong. In Charleston, a police officer shot a man and is being tried for murder. Is there something more that Capernick wants done? I hate generalities. People need to be specific in what they want, then work to make it achievable.

registered dem here...

Sep 14, 2016, 6:38 PM

Just throwing that out there before all of the comments come back...

I find it VERY hard to believe a principal, especially a white one would tell a kid that. I could be wrong...

i agree.... I like Nuk... but I think that's a bunch of BS***

Sep 14, 2016, 6:38 PM

possible. We could have thought he was being "real"

Sep 14, 2016, 6:39 PM [ in reply to registered dem here... ]

bu

Re: registered dem here...

Sep 14, 2016, 6:40 PM [ in reply to registered dem here... ]

I don't know why yall think he's lying. Tnet posters are out of touch with reality.

Re: registered dem here...

Sep 14, 2016, 6:42 PM

29% pulse says you are the one out of touch. But it's ok, many people are. Just look around.

It's a method of argument to discredit the person making the

Sep 14, 2016, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: registered dem here... ]

statement in an effort to de-legitimize his main point.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

which is what?***

Sep 14, 2016, 6:44 PM

I believe Nuk. ****

Sep 14, 2016, 6:46 PM [ in reply to registered dem here... ]

I guess Nuk has a valid point, but I still agree with Dabo.****

Sep 14, 2016, 6:39 PM

what's his point?***

Sep 14, 2016, 6:47 PM

Snowtown

Sep 14, 2016, 6:50 PM

Unless I am wrong he is saying, it's not something we can relate to since we are white etc. It's an issue that black people relate to. That's what I thought he was stating. We haven't walked in the shoes of a black person, so we don't truly understand the issue. Am I wrong here?

what issue? What are we not relating to?

Sep 14, 2016, 6:54 PM

I don't get it?

are there things that go on in black communities that those in white communities can't relate to? Absolutely.

Do you think Nuk can relate to the wife of an officer who was killed in action? Probably not.

I don't get the point. What are you protesting Nuk, and what does it have to do with the national anthem?

You are proving his point for him.***

Sep 14, 2016, 6:56 PM

i'll ask you again...what is his point?***

Sep 14, 2016, 6:57 PM

You'll figure it out

Sep 14, 2016, 7:00 PM

one day.

exactly... you have no idea

Sep 14, 2016, 7:00 PM

you could just say that

On second thought

Sep 14, 2016, 7:03 PM

you probably won't.

well.. you've made it abundantly clear that you have ZERO

Sep 14, 2016, 7:05 PM

idea what his point is...

I've asked repeatedly, and you cannot answer.

He has no clue as usual.***

Sep 14, 2016, 11:37 PM [ in reply to i'll ask you again...what is his point?*** ]

and once again that's confusing the issue

Sep 14, 2016, 7:08 PM [ in reply to Snowtown ]

Re: and once again that's confusing the issue

Sep 14, 2016, 7:45 PM

Why is it that Dabo can tell you the wrong way to do something but makes no attempt to show how to do it the right way. I never heard him speak out about cops getting away with killing unarmed blacks or making an effort to change it. That same anthem was written by a slave owner so why should we have so much pride in that song. You keep addressing Kap not standing while ignoring unarmed blacks being killed and cops getting away with it. Which one is the bigger issue?

Sep 14, 2016, 8:42 PM

Sep 14, 2016, 9:24 PM

Wow , t net is filled with idiots.

Don't try and throw out useless stats. Police brutality is a problem in America. Mistreatment of blacks is an issue. Unjustifice in the system is what kapernick is not standing for.

Dabo even says that these issues are real, so don't act like there not

" Wow , t net is filled with idiots."

Sep 15, 2016, 1:58 AM

"...since we are white..."

Sep 14, 2016, 7:47 PM [ in reply to Snowtown ]

Who you calling white???

Re: Snowtown

Sep 15, 2016, 7:29 AM [ in reply to Snowtown ]

You're not completely wrong, no....but just because I've never been black doesn't mean I can't understand the issue. The point Dabo was trying to make is that when you frame these things in simply black or white, it does no good for the cause. All that does is create more division, bc then you have people picking sides based off of their skin color. That blind tribalism is what got us here

Message was edited by: ClemHooligan®

What point? Dabo made sense. Not sure about Nuk.***

Sep 14, 2016, 6:50 PM [ in reply to I guess Nuk has a valid point, but I still agree with Dabo.**** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They both make sense to me. I agree with Dabo though.******

Sep 14, 2016, 6:53 PM

Sep 14, 2016, 6:46 PM

I was picked on at some point, will harbor resentment for decades and then distract colleagues later in life. I don't see the logic. I was made fun of for having divorced parents and am super proud to stand.

Sep 14, 2016, 6:49 PM

More division!!

Sep 14, 2016, 6:56 PM

Hopkins doesn't know JACK!!! If he takes the comment that Dabo said and he believes that what Dabo said about causing division instead of how Martin Luther King did it the right way. I'm now off the Nuk bandwagon. I don't care what kind of season he has now.

MLK's methods were NOT universally praised

Sep 14, 2016, 10:56 PM

the way they are today. You do realize his methods were considered "divisive" back then too right? Take a few minutes to read his letter to the white clergy from his Birmingham jail cell. You, Dabo and others are touting MLK when this is PRECISELY the type of protesting he would have favored and probably would have organized. Non-violent & peaceful. Seriously, who exactly is being hurt by someone not standing for the anthem? And what kind of immature response is that to have? You don't like what he said, so screw him? To each his own, but I just ask you how do we expect to work through issues in this country if that's everyone's response to differing points of view?

I would say that Dabo is more than qualified to talk about

Sep 14, 2016, 7:04 PM

how something like that affects a team, being the head coach of one and all. It's not like he went out and wrote a letter to the editor about the topic either, he was asked the question during a scheduled press conference.

Maybe Nuk shouldn't be questioning what a coach says during a press conference until he's been a head coach and gone through press conferences? How could he know what he's talking about unless he's been through it personally?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this post is called a "win"***

Sep 14, 2016, 7:06 PM

touche*****

Sep 14, 2016, 7:39 PM [ in reply to I would say that Dabo is more than qualified to talk about ]

Okay, folks... here's the point

Sep 14, 2016, 7:08 PM

Unless you agree with the protester (victim) you might as well just clam up. It's pretty obvious that even though Dabo was ASKED for his opinion (unlike Colin), he was not entitled to express it because he disagreed. Isn't it obvious? Freedom of speech is selective.

As the Wicked Witch of the West said as she melted away, "What a world... what a world..."

Can we get back to football? Last I checked, we have a game Saturday.

Go Tigers!

Re: Okay, folks... here's the point

Sep 15, 2016, 10:09 AM

http://dailyheadlines.net/2016/09/charles-barkley-says-blacks-are-keeping-blacks-down-not-whites/

This is what Charles Barkley had to say about it.

Re: Okay, folks... here's the point

Sep 15, 2016, 10:12 AM

Charles Barkley really ??????. Who listens to that fool smh

maybe he didn't like " love your neighbor"

Sep 14, 2016, 7:10 PM

Comment?

Nuk needs to worry about getting a refund

Sep 14, 2016, 7:16 PM

For those fugly cleats

Sep 14, 2016, 7:17 PM

Where Hopkins has it wrong when he says "don't speak your mind if you know nothing about it" is: Dabo knows what disruptions mean to a locker room and to team unity. Dabo also knows how to approach life when life doesn't serve you on a silver platter. What you do is make your point while preserving team unity, make your point while respecting the fact that history and politicians and laws and everything else in this world if you want to investigate hard enough have lots of bad sides. There is no safe place to draw the line - for anybody. Hey Nuk...hey Colin...hey everyone "standing up for" equality, peace, freedom...whatever: still spending that money with racist white dudes on it? Got some in your wallet? Hey, still driving that ______ vehicle? Check that company's history. Don't do it if you can't boycott their former discriminatory ways. How about Proctor & Gamble, use any of their stuff? Oh, Arm & Hammer, Volkswagon, IBM, Calvin Klein, Levi's, and Gucci.... Dabo's point stands as being the most logical way to be productive in your responsibilities while still allowing your voice to lend itself to a change movement. Because after all, if we're gonna start boycotting, ain't nobody ever gonna get a #### thing done.

Sep 14, 2016, 7:22 PM

fostered and promoted

this line of thought is the new norm

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2016, 7:21 PM

No African-American (AA) now alive was born when slavery existed in America. I will not accept blame for an offense I did not give, against those who were not alive to be offended.

The "N" word was never used in my family. Between 9-13 my playmates on the farm were AAs with the family last name. When my grandfather (1889-1973) died, a group of AAs came to funeral and thanked the family for their survival since 1865. During a delay after being drafted in 1969, I taught American history in an inner city school in Columbia (only Three Anglo-Americans). As a commander, my company was 60% minority. No...NO IG complaints, a Fort Stewart record. My best boss was an AA from Mississippi. When I moved last year my best friend (AA) & a young man I mentored (AA) shared tearful hugs with me.

I'm getting a little tired of the "hurt feelings industry" using vast generalizations for political gain, while ignoring the experiences like mine!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2016, 7:21 PM

No African-American (AA) now alive was born when slavery existed in America. I will not accept blame for an offense I did not give, against those who were not alive to be offended.

The "N" word was never used in my family. Between 9-13 my playmates on the farm were AAs with the family last name. When my grandfather (1889-1973) died, a group of AAs came to funeral and thanked the family for their survival since 1865. During a delay after being drafted in 1969, I taught American history in an inner city school in Columbia (only Three Anglo-Americans). As a commander, my company was 60% minority. No...NO IG complaints, a Fort Stewart record. My best boss was an AA from Mississippi. When I moved last year my best friend (AA) & a young man I mentored (AA) shared tearful hugs with me.

I'm getting a little tired of the "hurt feelings industry" using vast generalizations for political gain, while ignoring the experiences like mine!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My ears are bleeding. How this argument on how to correctly

Sep 14, 2016, 7:29 PM

argue fails the whole point of what the argument is about. I vaguely remember an argument that hoped for peace and to end the violence. Both sides are at fault and everyone eagerly wants this to end. How we argue to make this shared goal should not be such an issue that it takes us away from the common goal or, God forbid, make it worse.

I think though that Nuk, using his very own rationale, can be told the same thing- He has never been in Dabo's shoes so he is in no position to judge him...

I respect the Flag/Nat Anthem and consider it Sacred. I wouldn't dare use it as a tool to convey my point but not because of my view but of others that have lost their lives or are fighting for it this very moment- they may see beyond to ultimately understand the shared goal(most probably do) but I'm in no position to speak on their behalf. I'd respect and understand it being offensive if so. This of course applies to all sides. Why can't it simply be the end and not the means? We all want the same goal do we not? Peace and respect, love and to be loved as equals. If we know the answer, why are we fighting over the math??

sports

Sep 14, 2016, 7:54 PM

Time to stick to sports--that is what Tiger net is about

while this subject is not my point---as an alum we get tired of the one
sided conversations that assume all Clemson grads are conservatives on this forum

sports is just the means to an end, which is sarcasm***

Sep 14, 2016, 7:56 PM

I wonder if Nuk appreciates the irony

of him deciding what Dabo can or can't say. Him having never been a coach or a white guy that is

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

I can't relate to these super athletes

he earns more in a year than most earn in a lifetime

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of Course, the Dumbazz press & even TNet won't discuss what Colin K's

Sep 14, 2016, 7:42 PM

own mother said to him:
"There's ways to make change w/o disrespecting & bringing shame to the very country & family that afforded you so many blessings". Heido Russo (Colin's biological mother) tweeted this on Aug 27th to her son. The Dumbazz media, who tries to control people's emotions and get them all worked up so they'll keep tuning in, will do things like say Dabo is out of line and out of touch with a certain group....and, how could he?!?! Meanwhile, Colin K's own dang mother tried to straighten him out but no media will talk about that because they won't the controversy and division to continue.....And THAT is what Dabo meant about DIVISION!! Division, ultimately caused by the media and the constant focus on a polarizing stance by a NFL player. Dabo was correct....

Well Nuk...

Sep 14, 2016, 7:54 PM

You as much as anyone that gets media attention should know that you get asked a question and you get caught up in your emotions answering it. Dabo didn't call the press conference to discuss this topic it was brought up. He made valid points against using the team as his platform. Kap made his statement using the 1rst amendment.. So did Dabo. It counts for all citizens and he made sure he was PC during it. He didn't wear pigs in police hat socks or put anyone down. He's been thru more hardships than you Deandre. You were GIVEN the opportunity to play for 3 years at Clemson. He had to tryout and prove doubters wrong while his mother lived in his dorm. I'd rather be called any word you can find in the dictionary than have to endure what he did at that age. Stand behind the man who stood behind you and believed in you.

And turned him into an All-Pro receiver

Sep 15, 2016, 7:42 AM

Who knows where Nuk would be or what he would have done without Dabo's coaching.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Sep 14, 2016, 8:05 PM

This too, shall pass. And when it does I believe that Dabo will come out on top despite the short sidedness of some.

This too, shall pass. And when it does I believe that Dabo will come out on top despite the short sidedness of some.

Sep 14, 2016, 8:14 PM

Even as a young person I remember cringing when I heard Ronald Reagan say "Mr Gorbachav, tear down this wall." Some things take time to resonate.

And why did you cringe at that statement. It made me proud!***

Sep 15, 2016, 12:43 AM

Sep 14, 2016, 8:20 PM

I don't know, and I doubt Nuk would know either, what issues or struggles CDB might have faced in his life that would have compelled him to protest in some fashion. So Nuk & others who would be critical are IMO being at least presumptuous if not arrogant in their criticism. In any case, CDB would have responded, I think, in precisely the way he suggests others do. The man has that much integrity.

I'd like to hear how the question was phrased before I make a judgement on nuk

Sep 14, 2016, 8:31 PM

It was probably something totally out of context to get a reaction.

what about black people being discriminatory to whites?

Sep 14, 2016, 8:33 PM

if only the victim can "know" they're being discriminated against

how then would Nuk know that white people haven't been discriminated against by black people?

he'd have to be white to know that one way or the other, so, according to him, he'll never know.

not that I am, per se, purporting that notion,

but it just shows that Nuk's comments make no sense.

Nuk carries a chip on his shoulder about a lot of things

so I'd suggest finding a more equitable person to comment....

If you aren't black, you don't get to have an opinion.

Sep 14, 2016, 9:26 PM

Is that what you are saying, Nuk? Because that's what it sounds like.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: If you aren't black, you don't get to have an opinion.

Sep 14, 2016, 9:41 PM

No he's saying it's impossible for you to understand what people of color go through on a daily basis. You'd be surprised, it's not something that's made up for attention. I challenge you to have an honest discussion with any of your non-white friends about the current social issues in our society. The problem that I continuously see, is a lot of white people lack empathy for black and brown issues. Until both sides can have an honest discussion without calling eath other derogatory names, we'll never solve anything in this country.

Love ya Nuk. You're smart enough to know coaches have to speak to questions their asked

Sep 14, 2016, 11:05 PM

Otherwise, the media crucifies them for not answering their questions.

”You can’t speak on something unless you’ve been put in that situation,” Hopkins told The Associated Press. ”I wouldn’t speak on something about something else if I had no idea what was going on or how they felt because I couldn’t relate to it. So I don’t suggest anybody else do it.”

Don't agree with this as it relates to Dabo simply answering a question he had to resoond to, at a press conference.

Dabo was doomed the second he was asked this

Sep 14, 2016, 11:42 PM

He gave his answer and opinion on the matter and got criticized for it. If he decided not to answer it would've be the same. The reporter put him in a lose lose situation. Only a matter of time he and his staff cut off press conferences and these reporters have nothing to report on. If these media people answered half of their own questions themselves in front of microphones and cameras they all would be out of jobs

I would have said that protest is the player's right and

Sep 15, 2016, 12:14 AM

moved on. No coach in America probably cares for their players more and does more to help people in need. Of course that hardly ever makes national news.

Sep 15, 2016, 7:08 AM

Nuk says Swinney doesnt have the right because he has never been in that situation but guess what.......neither has Kaepernick he was raised by rich white people went to the best schools and has never been without so Nuk your point is invalid

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nuks statement is what makes no sense on many points

Sep 15, 2016, 8:01 AM

If all of this so called protesting is an attempt to draw attention then that's what it has done. Dabo was asked a question and answered it honestly by in no way minimizing the so called issue that kappernick claims to be protesting. Dabos response makes more sense than the method of protest as well as Nuks criticism of his response

Sep 15, 2016, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

You all cant be serious Dabo's rant was wrong in so many ways but its a lost cause to try to explain to you all why it was but I will say this. I would'nt be shocked at all to see dip in Clemson's recruiting. I can promise that there many black parents that agree with what Nuk said, and not want their parents to play for Dabo.

i hope their parents don't want their parents to play for

Sep 15, 2016, 8:37 AM

Anyone and I guess we will see if your promise carrys any weight next February. I will give much more credit to the recruits and their parents than you seem to be giving as far as making a decision based upon true substance

Re: i hope their parents don't want their parents to play for

Sep 15, 2016, 8:58 AM

Lol excuse the typo but you know what I meant. The most offensive part of the speach was when he said something about people should just move to another country. I truly dont think that Dabo is a racist but he is clearly missing the point about why players are protesting. I could not never relate or fully understand the struggles that gays women and muslims endure, but I wouldn't try to downplay their struggle. All that Kaepernick wanted was for people to take some time out and discuss some of the injustices that people color go through.

ok and fair enough on your thought but it doesn't seem like

Sep 15, 2016, 9:34 AM

He is missing that point to me when he goes so far to say he wouldn't hold it against his own players if they refused to stand if they were on the field for the anthem. He said it was a distraction and it creates divisiveness and it clearly does. The means of achieving any kind of goal here are much more questionable than his response which was in protest to nothing

Re: ok and fair enough on your thought but it doesn't seem like

Sep 15, 2016, 9:49 AM

Im not saying everything Dabo said was wrong. He was right about the fact that we have a sin problem and people need to just love one another, but he was off on other aspects. But hate it or love it protests are meant to be uncomfortable for society. Protests are meant to cause stirs because as you see in this situation, it causes people to talk. Boycotting the national athem can be very offensive to many I can acknowledge that and Im sure Colin knows that. But what people dont realize when they get online and call him the "N" word and say other racist things they are only helping him prove his point. I belive Dabo would've came out better by not addressing that topic. He put himself in a no-win situation.

i am sure he would have rather said nothing but would

Sep 15, 2016, 11:25 AM

Have caught hell for that as well. As for people using that word I have not seen that on here but would imagine you could find it in responses on the internet if you looked. So congrats to Kappernick if his point was to prove a point which we knew existed anyhow. I am still not at all aware of how his actions can be linked to a positive goal

Re: i am sure he would have rather said nothing but would

Sep 15, 2016, 12:52 PM

I haven't read anything racist like that on here but there are alot folks that dont realize the hardships that minorities go through. When Kap spoke out he opened the door for people to speak up about the subject. Yeah its caused controversy but if people would just listen to each other instead of getting so emotional we as a society could start to develop some solutions. I believe in my heart that most people aren't racist but we're at a point where we have to start having some serious conversations about these issues. So the fact we're on Tnet having a conversation like this is a good thing

take 2 minutes to watch this

Sep 15, 2016, 8:39 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Hopkins addresses Swinney's comments on anthem protest ]

https://twitter.com/SFY/status/776215491958321152

Sep 15, 2016, 7:10 AM

Sorry Nuk, but I'll speak about whatever I wanna speak about.

Sep 20, 2016, 9:26 PM

For the life of me I cannot understand why Dabo jumped in the middle of this. We were coming off a week when our team played like crap and he decided that ranting on Kaepernick was the most important thing to talk about with the media.The genie is out of the bottle now. I hope it does not come back to haunt us.. Regardless of your opinion on Kaepernick's actions this put all of the players in a bad spot. Because they all will be asked about it. They need to be focused on football.

Although I disagree with Kaepernick on his protest method this is a major blunder by Dabo in my opinion. An unneeded self inflicted wound. Best case we win from here on out and it will be disregarded, lose and it will be the reason the season fell apart.

Resurrecting a week old thread? SMDH

Sep 20, 2016, 9:40 PM

Let it die already.

Replies: 111
| visibility 51
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic