Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo to Bama ... a few years ago i said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Dabo to Bama ... a few years ago i said

May 2, 2018, 10:34 AM

I said (somewhat facetiously) that before Alabama would ever consider Dabo, he would have to have a huge run of success at Clemson for several years.

I joked that IF he gave Clemson the sort of success that would make him appealing to Bama, then I'd feel he had earned the promotion to that great opportunity and I'd wish him well.

Now that he's actually reached that level, I look back on my earler thoughts and shake my head.

I honestly never thought Dabo would succeed at the level he has.

If he keeps Clemson a fixture in the CFP and competes with and even beats The Tide over the next couple of years, he will definitely be at the very top of any list of candidates to replace Saban. But at the same time, Dabo has helped make the Clemson job one that rivals Alabama in almost all aspects.

The Bama job is no longer the “big” promotion it once was. In fact, leaving Clemson to take the Bama job following Saban has become a tremendous risk with much less upside for Dabo.

Stiil, in a few years, Dabo will have a big decision to make.

What will he do when the time comes?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turn it down. He'll finish here.

May 2, 2018, 10:59 AM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Dabo to Bama ... a few years ago i said

May 2, 2018, 10:59 AM

Can we please leave this subject alone. Y'all Keep beating this dead horse, it's old.

You are certainly free to leave it alone. Suit yourself.

May 2, 2018, 11:04 AM

It’s a trending topic and absolutely worthy of discussion when not much is happening on the football front.

It’s far from a “dead horse” and it won’t be one until Dabo says unequivocally that he’s not and never will be a candidate at Bama.

Nope. This horse is deader than dog poop.

May 2, 2018, 11:06 AM

Everything you posted had been posted by some 1 else a dozen times.

In the end, it doesn't matter. If he goes he goes
If he stays he stays.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Nope. This horse is deader than dog poop.

May 2, 2018, 11:13 AM

LOL ... then stop talking about it already! ??

i dont mind beating dog poop.***

May 2, 2018, 11:15 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: i dont mind beating dog poop.***

May 2, 2018, 12:16 PM

It’s sort of like saying, “If TL starts he starts, if he doesn’t, he doesn’t.”

Or, “Our D-Line will either be the best, or it won’t.”

Just things that are currently trending widely and reasonable topics to duscuss on a Clemson sports forum.

I agree, more dog poop.

May 2, 2018, 12:41 PM

Sure would be more fun to read the same posts over and over If they had pics of hot chicks with big hooters

Re: Dabo to Bama ... a few years ago i said

May 2, 2018, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo to Bama ... a few years ago i said ]

a dead Elephant would be closer to the truth!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honestly I can’t concern myself with that now.

May 2, 2018, 11:00 AM

After watching a lot of programs rise and fall over the last 35 years I know that what we are enjoying will not last forever. My hope is that we have our Bobby Bowden and he will stay for a couple of decades. ( I know it’s not a good comparison interns of personality or how the program is run but I hope for the longevity of his tenure and sustained success)

I hope Dabo comes to the conclusion that the risk is too high. The culture of his program and his personality are completely different than Saban’s. The same people showering love on him now when he visits his home state will turn on him in a minute should he not sustain Saban’s level of success. They will run him out a lot quicker than they lured him in. The first time he scolds fans for something it will not be pretty. He can and has gotten away with that here. Suspend a star player or kick him off the team and lose they will be after his head. We’ve probably lost a couple of games because of his stiff discipline with players and yet we know we are a better program for it. I just don’t think Dabo can be Dabo at Alabama and get away with it. I hope he takes everything into consideration when the day comes and I hope he realizes he belongs in Clemson.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic