Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo should suspend Battle for 3 games...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Dabo should suspend Battle for 3 games...

Sep 20, 2013, 5:20 AM

In my opinion, and I know some of you will disagree with me. However, what sets Clemson apart from many other programs (thanks in large part to the culture and a coach like Dabo) is we don't have a bunch of thugs playing for us, yes we have a bad apple once in awhile, but that is to be expected in any large football program. For the most part, we run a clean program, have one of the highest graduation rates for any program in D1, and most of our players are class acts.

Battle took an upper cut under the helmet to a player (hitting him first) on national TV, then as they did a close up on the sideline, he was sort of laughing it off.

Since he was ejected, he will most likely face some sort of suspension from the ACC, but I think Dabo should make a statement and suspend him for 3 games, this type of thuggish behavior has no place in Clemson football. It could have easily escalated into something more (ala USC game 2004), except this time it would be a Clemson player starting it and we were winning by 2 touchdowns!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo should suspend Battle for 3 games...

Sep 20, 2013, 5:23 AM

It's a heated game....these things happen. I say sit him a game and run him till he pukes. That'll get the message across.

Yep...+1.***

Sep 20, 2013, 5:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My point is basically...

Sep 20, 2013, 5:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo should suspend Battle for 3 games... ]

Take some sort of disciplinary action, perhaps a 3 game suspension might be too harsh, but just because it is a heated game doesn't excuse throwing the first punch. If Dabo doesn't send a message, this knucklehead could do it again, but in a more crucial time in a game that could hurt the whole team.

That I totally agree with. Mandatory 1 game suspension and

Sep 20, 2013, 5:33 AM

make his life miserable for the week. He'll probably get 2.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo should suspend Battle for 3 games...

Sep 20, 2013, 5:28 AM

I agree. You can't have high standards by not taking action yourself. Difference between our team and others is huge. Look at TAM and the 1/2 game suspension. That didn't really send a message.

Oregon suspended that RB for a year

Sep 20, 2013, 5:31 AM

Didn't the RB from ORegon a couple of years ago get suspended for a season. Of course with good behavior it turned out to only be about 6 games I think.

That guy that he punched ran him down and got in his face

Sep 20, 2013, 5:38 AM

after the game was over. I only wish he had knocked him out cold.... stretcher time cold. That RB's problem was he wouldn't calm down and went ballistic.

are you one of the people asking why someone didn't do

Sep 20, 2013, 5:36 AM

something last year at the usuc game, when dj sweringer stood over ae taunting him after a nice hit ? i know a lot of us were questioning why we had no one take the 15 yard personal foul and lay him out.
well, last night, after that db had been yapping and cheap shotting some of our guys, battle did just what i described. the acc will more than likely sit him 1 game. i agree with the other poster, run him up the memorial stadium steps a few times and call it a day. i want a little fire in our young men.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He sucker punched him and threw the first punch...

Sep 20, 2013, 5:43 AM

There is a big difference in getting into a little skirmish, even bringing someone to the ground after a play. However, sucker punching someone is classless and has no place in Clemson football.

If you have a problem with someone, you take it out during play, not sucker punching after the whistle. That is thuggish, and I was embarrassed for our whole program to have that on national TV.

They were standing face to face = not a sucker punch***

Sep 20, 2013, 6:02 AM

that wasn't a sucker punch, what are you talking about ?

Sep 20, 2013, 6:03 AM [ in reply to He sucker punched him and threw the first punch... ]

he walked up to him and jacked him up. do you know what that db did ? no. none of us do 100%, so don't jump on a guy until you know the facts.

Trash Talk, Late Hit, etc...

Sep 20, 2013, 6:13 AM

whatever he did, that is no excuse to punch someone, he could have really hurt the whole team in a close game.

Clemson is better than that, sorry you don't realize this...

so, you are saying just sit back and take it ? should we

Sep 20, 2013, 6:19 AM

also ask for another ? screw that, i wasn't raised that way, and i didn't raise my kids that way. i'm not going to start nothing, but i dang sure ain't going to sit back and take it, either.

No, that is now what I'm saying...

Sep 20, 2013, 6:21 AM

on the next play you target that guy and take him out on the field of play... not punching him after the whistle is blown.

There is a huge difference!!!

now, that i can agree with. but, i am still not going to

Sep 20, 2013, 6:27 AM

throw battle under the bus. until we know 100% of the facts, i will keep defending our guys. innocent until proven guilty, isn't it?

Having punched someone at work yesterday, I understand

Sep 20, 2013, 5:59 AM

how these things can happen --- she had been stealing credit for my engineering design work for months.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 games no, 1 game yes and the thread poster for 3 months

Sep 20, 2013, 9:23 AM

suspended

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic