Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo should be loyal to upperclassmen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

Dabo should be loyal to upperclassmen

Apr 15, 2018, 6:42 AM

Including Wilkins, Ferrell, and Austin. My point is that those guys came back to win it all. So all this talk about how Dabo will play KB because of loyalty ignores that fact that he is loyal to those guys as well and needs to give them the best opportunity to win.

I could see KB starting at College Station but think that by the end of Sept it’s TL. I am a fan of KB but the fact is he can’t utlize our strength which is WRU. That’s just a fact.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo should be loyal to upperclassmen

Apr 15, 2018, 7:14 AM

I'm not sure I agree with your analogy. You can say Dabo is loyal to Ferrell, Wilkins, etc. but nobody is questioning whether or not a freshman on the squad is better and should start instead of them. Yes we recruited some incredible D-linemen, but Ferrell and Wilkins are likely 1st round NFL picks. It's not a hard decision to make to start them. In fact, it's a no-brainer. The situation with Bryant is much different.

Apr 15, 2018, 8:47 AM

That’s not my point. What I am saying is that loyalty goes beyond one player. He has to give those guys that came back the best chance to win it all this year. IF that is going with TL then so be it.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo should be loyal to upperclassmen ]

Tim317 said:

I'm not sure I agree with your analogy. You can say Dabo is loyal to Ferrell, Wilkins, etc. but nobody is questioning whether or not a freshman on the squad is better and should start instead of them. Yes we recruited some incredible D-linemen, but Ferrell and Wilkins are likely 1st round NFL picks. It's not a hard decision to make to start them. In fact, it's a no-brainer. The situation with Bryant is much different.

Dexter Lawrence started as a true freshman...over a large number of veteran DT's.

Mitch Hyatt also started as a true freshman...over several scholarship linemen as well.

Sammy Watkins started from Minute 1 on campus. Over veterans. Nuk Hopkins did too.

Injuries played a role, but AJ Terrell got some starts last year as a true frosh as well.

People who say "Dabo is too loyal" and "Dabo won't play freshmen" are omitting certain facts. You've gotta be a special freshman, but even here at Clemson, Dabo will start one if he's good enough. He's done it multiple times over the course of his career.

Apr 15, 2018, 9:33 AM

Never with a QB. So yes I think he is loyal to his QB’s. Why deshaun Watson did not start at Georgia is a big ?. Why he pulled him is a big ?. I have faith in Dabo I’m a lot of things but switching or picking the right QB, I think is one of his weaknesses. Dabo Swinney would have never changed a QB at half time in a national championship. It just wouldn’t happen. This is a mans game this is not peewee. The best person should play period.

Apr 15, 2018, 1:38 PM

Why deshaun Watson did not start at Georgia is a big ?

1) He was physically immature. That fall camp Deshaun weighed in at 204. Cole Stoudt weighed in at 231. Keep in mind that the previous season Tajh had started around 230 and that QB was a heavy part of our short yardage running game.

2) He had a shortened spring. After breaking his collarbone caused him to miss the spring game, Watson lacked crucial reps with the 1s going into fall camp.

3) Georgia’s defense was vicious. We’ve established that’s Deshaun was succeptibale to injury due to his size and missed reps because of it. Would you really want to throw him against a front 7 that boasted 8 upperclassmen who would go on to make NFL rosters while we replaced our LT with one option suspended and an overall lack of OL depth.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic