Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo says we weren't lucky???????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Dabo says we weren't lucky???????

Oct 17, 2016, 2:29 PM

Come on - anybody watching the game knows we were lucky that their guy missed that last-second field goal. We didn't do anything to cause him to miss it.

IMO, we were ###### lucky Saturday. But it's time to get past the need for luck - it's time to start playing well and stop turning the ball over - then we won't need any luck.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What difference does it make now?

Oct 17, 2016, 2:34 PM

;)

Re: What difference does it make now?

Oct 17, 2016, 2:43 PM

The difference in how you view it as a player or coach will dictate whether and how you prepare to not do it during the next game. First, you admit you have a problem, then you find the solution. You practice the solution until you have muscle memory and confidence and then you can implement the plan successfully during a game. Coaching 101.

Do you not recognize sarcasm?

Oct 17, 2016, 3:07 PM

guess not...

Hillary?***

Oct 17, 2016, 6:17 PM

Look at this

Oct 17, 2016, 2:36 PM

I'd guess Tank made the kicker flinch.

Re: Look at this

Scary sight for a kicker. We had a part in him missing that kick. The fans did as well.

you could take a picture like that for almost every

Oct 17, 2016, 2:48 PM [ in reply to Look at this ]

D1 field goal. Guys "almost" block it all the time. Kickers have to be able to block it out

Great effort by the f/g block team

Oct 17, 2016, 3:05 PM [ in reply to Look at this ]

Excellent picture.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo says we weren't lucky???????

We put great pressure on the kicker and almost blocked it. If the kick would have went straight Jadar or Cordrea would have possible gotten it. It was a little bit lucky though I have to say.

Not lucky? Dabo's right--that was way beyoud lucky!

Oct 17, 2016, 2:38 PM

Go Tigers!!

4 turnovers and a concussion is considered lucky?***

no thats called #### poor football

Oct 17, 2016, 3:23 PM

horrible

It's ridiculous to say it's luck. Missing a field goal is part of football!!!!!!! Make some u miss some. If you wanna talk about luck. They were lucky we had 4 turnovers. Come on

2 things

Oct 17, 2016, 2:43 PM

People seem to think that when someone argues we weren't lucky they mean no luck was involved at all. I think it probably would be better said that it wasn't "just luck" that got us the W.

It was also a ton of dang hard work, including the earlier blocked FG that had to have some impact on the kicker.

Take the W, praise the team for battling adversity (even self inflicted) in public, then go back and get the mistakes fixed. Thats' what coaches should do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 2:45 PM

And, other people's opinion are that we weren't lucky. Lack of skill by their kicker is why we won. Skill by our team to score more points is why we won. Was NC State lucky we had more turnovers than them. A football game isn't decided by one play. The game is not normally a game of luck.

You should know by now not to take everything Dabo

Oct 17, 2016, 2:49 PM

says literally. Most of what he says to the media - even when it sounds ridiculous - is meant to send some kind of a message. He's not the awww shucks idiot that he's been portrayed as since he took over at Clemson. I think many people are beginning to realize that, but some still don't seem to get it.

I've posted a few times stating that we were "Lucky" to win

Oct 17, 2016, 3:11 PM

this game. That being said. I don't want Dabo saying that. I'd prefer he point to the positives (there were a lot of good performances) and noted that every team that wins a title has some breaks go their way.

We'll take this win for what it was, good fortune, and hopefully improve and move on.

We were fortunate he missed that kick for sure but...

Oct 17, 2016, 3:15 PM

What about the rest of the game?

378 pass yds and 117 rush yds and being tied after 4 turnovers including a pick 6. There was a lot more to that win then just one missed kick.

Great D, blocked kick, etc...

Oct 17, 2016, 3:50 PM

Even I had to admit this was stretching it, although if you watch the game and the way Dabo was acting cool as a cucumber, holding back that last timeout to ice the kicker. #### good coach.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people say you make your own luck***

Oct 17, 2016, 5:34 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic