Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo said the standard is "best". And now he's not happy.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Dabo said the standard is "best". And now he's not happy.

Nov 19, 2014, 11:33 AM

And if we so-called fans "dare" to hold his feet to the fire and make him answer for obvious mismanagement, he gets very, very defensive and calls us out. I call B.S.

Dabo can't have it both ways. This is big boy football. We're not Dook. We're not Wake. We're Clemson. We expect results. When you continuously build expectations by telling the world that "best is the standard" and invest big money in the program/facilities, you have to deliver. If fans complain, deal with it on the field instead of running to the nearest microphone and starting another rant. Quit offering schollies to guys who you know will NEVER play a meaningful snap in their careers. Quit building false expectations by saying your senior QB with a 45 QBR "gives you a better chance to win" than your all-world freshman. It's insulting to the fans, and it creates unnecessary divisions in the locker room.

The biggest problem Dabo has (and nobody's hit on it yet) is we have serious issues on the OL and S&C and have for several years now. I'm amazed that Caldwell flies under the radar when the product on the field is the worst we've witnessed in 20+ years. And next year could actually be worse. Yes, you read that right: worse. So much for DW staying healthy. He'll have to run to stay alive. Literally. And that's why Chad runs him. He knows he can't stay in the pocket and absorb that kind of punishment.

Imagine where Cole would be (mentally) if he had an OL that actually blocked for him instead of playing matador and letting blitzing defenders through untouched 20+ times per game. The conversation on this board would be a lot different, wouldn't it?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

I read something about this on STS once***

Nov 19, 2014, 11:36 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Re: I read something about this on STS once***

Nov 19, 2014, 11:38 AM

You don't say? I wouldn't know anything about that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

just pointing out that I remember this issue from a while

Nov 19, 2014, 11:39 AM

back... I think it was a different situation...

but STS hit him pretty hard about going after fans...

no more, no less

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Right now, I wish we were Dook

Nov 19, 2014, 11:41 AM

Never imagined I'd be saying that...

me too

Nov 19, 2014, 11:42 AM

the NCAA tourney would be a lock

;)

Re: Dabo said the standard is "best". And now he's not happy.

Nov 19, 2014, 11:48 AM

I agree Dabo needs to do his job and his job is not correcting the fans.
His main concern right now is to stop the bleeding Nov 29th.
6 in a row should get him fired but he did beat LSU 3 years ago

"We're not Dook."

Nov 19, 2014, 11:58 AM

I'm guessing you mean the old Duke? Because the new Duke is 8-2 and put up 31 points on Georgia Tech's defense.

Just sayin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: "We're not Dook."

Nov 19, 2014, 12:10 PM

Yeah they likely would stomp us

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "We're not Dook."

Nov 19, 2014, 12:15 PM [ in reply to "We're not Dook." ]

Again, why is that? Is it coaching? Is it recruiting? Is it scheme?

Screw Calford.

Gotta be coaching or scheme

Nov 19, 2014, 12:21 PM

because it sure ain't talent.

And scheme goes back to the coaches.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gotta be coaching or scheme

Nov 19, 2014, 12:27 PM

Bingo.

Screw Calford.

So we've come full circle and are back to firing Batson?***

Nov 19, 2014, 11:59 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So we've come full circle and are back to firing Batson?***

Nov 19, 2014, 12:05 PM

No. I'm talking about the training table element of S&C.

We have guys like Brooks, Battle, Hopper who can't put on weight.

We have guys like Region, Beasley, who can't shed bad weight.

I should have been more specific.

I'm not a fan of Batson, but we have seen better results since Greenlee came on board.

Screw Calford.

Agree with your first 2 "paragraphs" but not the last 2.***

Nov 19, 2014, 12:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Agree with your first 2 "paragraphs" but not the last 2.***

Nov 19, 2014, 12:03 PM

So you're happy with the OL play the last few years?

Screw Calford.

I don't think it's all on the OL. I don't think the scheme

Nov 19, 2014, 12:05 PM

puts them in the best position to win when run blocking.

Pass pro hasn't been horrible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Re: I don't think it's all on the OL. I don't think the scheme

Nov 19, 2014, 12:10 PM

LOL's.....did you watch the same GT game as the rest of us? Worst pass pro I've seen in years.

Run blocking is all about technique. Why do our guys pop straight up off the ball instead of firing off with lower pads? The only guys who consistently move people are Guillermo and Crowder. The rest, not so much.

Screw Calford.

yep, and I watched a lot of failed blitz pickups by our

Nov 19, 2014, 12:18 PM

backs and also GT bringing more blitzers than we had blockers. Which why wouldn't you with zero threat in the passing game.

Seems you don't understand the concepts of pass pro as much as you think you do.

As for the run blocking....that has to do with scheme which i said in my post....CM seems to think he can trick D's by our ol acting like they are going into pass pro on run plays....

Re: yep, and I watched a lot of failed blitz pickups by our

Nov 19, 2014, 12:22 PM

Oh, so you're saying GT played with 12 men? They didn't do anything we haven't seen all year from much better defenses.

Grow up.

Screw Calford.

you sound mad....

Nov 19, 2014, 12:24 PM

We gave up 2 sacks the entire friggin game....both with NS in the game and GT bringing the house...

what point are you even trying to make with the idiotic 12 men comment??....I made a FACTUAL statement about them bringing more blitzers than we had blockers...

Re: you sound mad....

Nov 19, 2014, 12:28 PM

So QB pressures, knockdowns, etc. don't count in your book? OK. LOL's

Screw Calford.

literally a quote from GT BR page write up on the game

Nov 19, 2014, 12:32 PM

when talking about their Dline

"The group didn't get a lot of pressure on Clemson's QBs, but did a nice job in the run game even when depleted. I'm satisfied, but not impressed here."

http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/2014/11/16/7231713/sunday-evening-quarterback-georgia-tech-defeats-clemson-28-6-defense

I don't even know where to start...

Nov 19, 2014, 12:08 PM

Where did Dabo call out fans?! Please show me a quote. Cabo called out those that would Boo Cole Stout. Thats it. Those are not fans.

As far as "giving us the best chance to win" - He was talking about this weekend...Watson is out....Injured...unable to play. He was saying Stout gives us the best chance to win out of what's left. Why would he say Stout gives us a better chance to win than Watson when he handed the starting job over to Watson 2 months ago? This is common sense folks...

Re: I don't even know where to start...

Nov 19, 2014, 12:11 PM

You can't be serious. He said this at the beginning of the season. LOL's.

Screw Calford.

4 Months ago? Let it go bro.

Nov 19, 2014, 1:02 PM

He obviously realized he was wrong or Watson wouldn't have become the starter...

him being wrong is an opinion not a fact ---

Nov 19, 2014, 1:34 PM

1st game on the road in Athens, the guy didn't even make it through spring ball--- he was bringing him along slowly, I have no problem with that whatsoever--- DW's been the #1 QB since the 4th Game of his true FR season-- do you know how RARE that is in CFB minus injuries to upperclassmen/starters? or just being a awful team that has to go that route? Coaches that start TR FR on the road in a hostile environment against a Top 15 are either desperate, dumb, know they are in for a long year or all of the above.

I mean-- why not criticize him for not starting Tajh as a true FR over Kyle Parker--- I mean its obvious Tajh turned to be a better QB

the maturity and readiness of a FR is as fluid situation with a steep learning curve--- if he'd have tried to play him every series against UGA, starts getting drilled every 3rd play because he hasn't faced live bullets and misses picking up blitz packages....the same idiots would be singing the other tune. QB play didn't cost us the UGA game. WR Drops, FG Misses, Poor Coverage on KO, Suspensions of D players...........those are what cost us the UGA game.

Link to Dabo getting mad at fans holding him accountable?***

Nov 19, 2014, 12:09 PM

null

Re: Link to Dabo getting mad at fans holding him accountable?***

Nov 19, 2014, 12:13 PM

http://www.independentmail.com/orange-and-white/dabo-swinney-comes-down-hard-on-death-valley-boo-birds

Screw Calford.

I think you accidentally linked the wrong article...

That one clearly has a quote from Dabo Swinney saying that he does not appreciate fans booing players, and that coaches should be held accountable. You must have meant to post a different link.

"I think it's sad when you have fans boo a player - really sad," Swinney said. "I didn't know that that happened until after the game. That's a shame when a guy's playing his butt off for you, and he's a dedicated, disciplined player who's playing well, and he gets booed and another guy comes in and gets cheered. That's bad.

"You cheer for all your guys, let the coaches do their job, and if the coaches don't do their job, then hold them accountable."

null

Re: I think you accidentally linked the wrong article...

Nov 19, 2014, 12:23 PM

Actually, you just proved my point.

Thanks.

Screw Calford.

Hmm...doubtful. But I'd move on too.***

Nov 19, 2014, 12:35 PM

null

I've posted numerous times about our problems on the

Nov 19, 2014, 12:11 PM

OL, and how much more effective Stoudt (and Watson) as well as our RBs could be if we had a decent OL that could not only protect but run block as well. Not only has quality depth been a problem for some time, but just the ability to execute seems terrible at times, and I agree that a lot of our problems on offense over the past few years (in spite of the big numbers we put up at times) stem from and underperforming OL.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I've posted numerous times about our problems on the

Nov 19, 2014, 12:12 PM

Yes, my whole point is that we would not be talking about Stoudt today if the OL held up their end of the bargain.

Screw Calford.

Stoudt is not a great QB by any means, but I believe

that if he is 100% healthy, we have a good running game to take some of the heat off of him, and if he has good protection, then he's good enough to run this offense effectively. Without all of that, his limitations are magnified, and a banged-up, beat-down Stoudt becomes a liability.

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You summed it up very well +1***

Nov 19, 2014, 12:22 PM

Re: Stoudt is not a great QB by any means, but I believe

Nov 19, 2014, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Stoudt is not a great QB by any means, but I believe ]

Exactly.

Screw Calford.

If we had issues with the S&C we wouldn't have one of the

Nov 19, 2014, 12:24 PM

most dominate front sevens in the country just sayin'.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: If we had issues with the S&C we wouldn't have one of the

Nov 19, 2014, 12:27 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16294342

Screw Calford.

Re: If we had issues with the S&C we wouldn't have one of the

Nov 19, 2014, 1:41 PM

What about Watson, Anthony, Legget, Mac Lain, etc. that have made substainail gains since they have been here.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

You are the 1st to mention the OL stinks? Don't flatter

Nov 19, 2014, 12:28 PM

yourself, everyone has been saying that for months.

Re: You are the 1st to mention the OL stinks? Don't flatter

Nov 19, 2014, 12:31 PM

No, what I said was Caldwell hasn't been mentioned at all. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit, it would appear.

Screw Calford.

Nov 19, 2014, 12:52 PM

The biggest problem is you figured out how to type and post

Nov 19, 2014, 1:03 PM

A bigger problem is people who don't want to discuss football on a football forum and resort to ad hominem attacks. Like you. Dewsh.

Screw Calford.

how does this relate to football?

Nov 19, 2014, 1:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo said the standard is "best". And now he's not happy. ]

thanks

Nov 19, 2014, 1:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo said the standard is "best". And now he's not happy. ]

Great football analysis, genius.

The problem is our offense, but Cole is an easy target.***

Nov 19, 2014, 1:18 PM

Re: The problem is our offense, but Cole is an easy target.***

Nov 19, 2014, 1:36 PM

That's what Ted Roof said.

Screw Calford.

Agree-- combination of factors and if OP thinks it's the

Nov 19, 2014, 1:38 PM [ in reply to The problem is our offense, but Cole is an easy target.*** ]

OL's job to pick up all of those blitzes then he doesn't know much. I'd say most of the blown blitz pick-ups have been on our RBs

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic