Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can you imagine IF that fake kick throw had been caught..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 2,824

Can you imagine IF that fake kick throw had been caught..

Oct 15, 2017, 12:19 PM

by Clemson Safety (? #12) as it fell thru 3 defenders!

Wow, we would have exploded & put the Orange down after probably scoring.

Close doesn't count!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or if he punted and next play we get a safety***

Oct 15, 2017, 12:22 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck, even if Syracuse would have caught it that would have been better than what we ended up with.***

Oct 15, 2017, 12:22 PM

lolol***

Oct 15, 2017, 12:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why was Dabo yelling at the punter after that play?

Oct 15, 2017, 12:25 PM

I'm honestly curious. Did he throw it to the wrong person? Throw a bad pass? Wait too long to throw it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why was Dabo yelling at the punter after that play?

Oct 15, 2017, 12:28 PM

The play was designed as an option. If they didn’t cover Muse, Speirs was supposed to throw it if he could make it to him. If they did cover it (which they did) he was supposed to punt it. That’s why Dabo was upset.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Why was Dabo yelling at the punter after that play? ]

It looked like the punter had a kick or pass option.. he should have kicked.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo said it is a pass punt option

Oct 15, 2017, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Why was Dabo yelling at the punter after that play? ]

If guy is open throw it if not do a rugby still punt. Spiers made wrong read.

YeP..

Oct 15, 2017, 12:33 PM

but Will did throw a great arching pass, i thought.

Looked like A winner to me! ??

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geesh. Thanks for the explanation.***

Oct 15, 2017, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Dabo said it is a pass punt option ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Why was Dabo yelling at the punter after that play? ]

I think it was supposed to be a judgment call by Spiers. If the target (Muse?) or anyone else was open or if he had he space to take off and run to get the 1st down, then take the shot but if nothing was on (which was the case) rugby punt it away. I think he was upset that he didn't kick it away instead of making that difficult throw.

Seems like the coaches should make those kinds of judgements***

Oct 15, 2017, 12:35 PM

Re: Seems like the coaches should make those kinds of judgements***

Oct 15, 2017, 12:47 PM

IMHO many more pass/punt options are called throughout college football than we see executed because it is ..... an option. Most of the time the play isnt wide open so all we see is the punt.

Many punters also have the option to run for the first down if they see something. However, that is always with the caveat that their judgement had better be right.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh I'm sure it's called a lot...

Oct 15, 2017, 12:51 PM

just doesn't seem wise in those type of situations.

Oct 15, 2017, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Why was Dabo yelling at the punter after that play? ]

Uh, It's an option, it the play is not there, punt it!

Re: Can you imagine IF that fake kick throw had been caught..

Oct 15, 2017, 12:37 PM

We need to somehow in-cooperate the game of horse shoes into the rules of football. The fake punt pass would have been considered a live shoe that is not a ringer but comes to rest no more than six inches from the stake or closer to the stake including a ringer which has the value of one (1) point. We would have been awarded one additional point for being close. It would not have changed the outcome of the game but 27 to 25 could have helped with the rankings down the road.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ as the hot wimmens would say

Oct 15, 2017, 12:41 PM

you are precious! ??

Those desperation throws only work for Miami this year.***

Oct 15, 2017, 12:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Can you imagine IF that fake kick throw had been caught..

Oct 15, 2017, 7:55 PM

something tells me Syracuse would have driven for a last minute win, it was just that kind of night for the Tigers

Replies: 18
| visibility 2,824
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic