Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo last night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Dabo last night

Dec 6, 2015, 6:29 PM

Living in NC I have heard from several today how they lost a lot of respect for Dabo last night in the way he did our punter. I was at the game so I did not see it, was it that bad or they just butthurt over losing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When a punter essentially goes rogue and causes

Dec 6, 2015, 6:31 PM

a turnover on downs deep in your own territory, it makes a coach mad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson

just butthurt. anyone would've done that.

Dec 6, 2015, 6:31 PM

I know I would've.

He essentially handed UNC a TD with a poor decision.

Dec 6, 2015, 6:33 PM

It was justified.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

The D gave up the TD, not the punter.

Dec 6, 2015, 6:42 PM

Watch the play again and you'll see a pack of UNC guys running directly at him. Kick would have been blocked or best case a shank worth about 10 yds. Punter saw that and tried to improvise, not the best decision but people are acting like the kid had planned to fake it himself all along.

What? No way man...

Dec 6, 2015, 6:47 PM

He showed he was going to try to go for it immediately

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The dead ball foul that was called earlier showed which

Dec 6, 2015, 6:51 PM

way the punter would roll. Dabo called the same play and the UNC guys overloaded that side. The punter could have stayed with it a little longer but he knew they were overloading that side from the beginning and abandoned the rugby rollout.

Re: The dead ball foul that was called earlier showed which

Dec 6, 2015, 8:21 PM

Stupid comment. Football IQ matches your pulse.

Re: The D gave up the TD, not the punter.

Dec 6, 2015, 6:48 PM [ in reply to The D gave up the TD, not the punter. ]

I'm 61 years old and I could have punted that ball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

agree with you if he went right punt was going

Dec 6, 2015, 7:11 PM [ in reply to The D gave up the TD, not the punter. ]

To get blocked. Poor protection and scheme. Coaches are partly to blame for it

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong....

Dec 6, 2015, 7:20 PM [ in reply to The D gave up the TD, not the punter. ]

he had all the room, and time in the world to get the punt off. He rolled that way, saw what looked like open field that quickly collapsed after he tucked to run. Terrible decision, and gave UNC 7 points.

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^Dumbest post of the day***

Dec 6, 2015, 8:23 PM [ in reply to The D gave up the TD, not the punter. ]

I thought it was a little over the top

Dec 6, 2015, 6:37 PM

Nothing wrong with chewing him out, but he went back after him a second time and then hung him out in the media. It was not one of Dabo's best moments. Dabo looked tired and I suspect he just lost his composure a bit.

Hey, this isn't pee wee football.***

Dec 6, 2015, 6:48 PM

Nothing wrong with chewing him out, but he went back after him a second time and then hung him out in the media. It was not one of Dabo's best moments. Dabo looked tired and I suspect he just lost his composure a bit.

We heard you already!***

Dec 6, 2015, 6:38 PM

No worries, I downvoted both comments for being

Dec 6, 2015, 8:25 PM

equally dumb.

Re: I thought it was a little over the top

Dec 6, 2015, 6:45 PM [ in reply to I thought it was a little over the top ]

Maybe there's a back story we know nothing about? Maybe it is for something that could cost us tons - ACC Championship and playoff? Maybe it is oldtime coaching? Maybe Dabo knows his players and was trying to motivate everyone?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Ask Coots how their new Czar would have handled it***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ask Coots how their new Czar would have handled it***

Dec 6, 2015, 6:42 PM

Dabo was angry, with reason to be. But we don't know what Dabo said to him. If you noticed, Dabo did put him back in the next time we punted.

That was a normal, perfectly acceptable reaction by Dabo

Dec 6, 2015, 6:39 PM

in my opinion. I'm pretty sure I saw Dabo encouraging him and telling him "good job" after a punt later on. This is football, and I would imagine players are used to getting chewed out when they screw up, especially in such a major way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Dabo last night

Dec 6, 2015, 6:40 PM

I thought Dabo handled it the best that he could. The player made a completely bone-head play and there was no explaining it to anyone. He didn't parade the player out to the press and make him explain the play like I've seen another coach do. There was some discussion on the sideline, and they moved on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Saying, I was shocked..by the Punter's action & Dabo's

Dec 6, 2015, 6:49 PM

But we must realize DaBO had a huge amount of strain & stress on him in this game that I would place up there with Danny's NC run.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't have a problem with it at all...

Dec 6, 2015, 8:05 PM

we are playing big boy football, take the ### chewing and move on.

No problem here...Teasdell took the game into his...

...own hands with that boneheaded play.

I think I know what he was thinking. He saw the offensive line shift right, and the defence followed it. The left side of the field opened up. Andy thought he had a wide open run to the first down marker, but his eyes were larger than the speed of his legs. That open field collapsed so fast on him, he probably couldn't believe it. He actually tried to pass it, but his team mates were heading down field to cover the punt. In the end, a complete clusterfook.

While there may have been praise if he had pulled that off, it was an incredibly selfish move in an extremely high stakes situation that had no place for "cowboy diplomacy". In the end, it could very easily have cost Clemson the game.

I'm not sure I would not have reacted similarly.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

^^^^ Exactly this.

Dec 6, 2015, 7:22 PM

Go Tigers!

The manner in which Dabo spoke to Teasdale was certainly justified. CUGRAD2011 is correct....committing a turnover in our territory on a non-directed, non coached play in this type of high stakes game would make any coaches blood boil.

A remember coaches yelling in my face with their spit coming out... take it or don't play the game.

Now of course the media has nothing better to do than focus on all this BS. Instead of looking at the targeting Watson took or the ridic interception call.

It's done and over and we need to focus on OK.

Go Tigers!

Dec 6, 2015, 6:55 PM

I think it was a little of both.I don't think Teasdall took it upon himself to run,but in the spur of the moment made a bad decision which the holes turned into a td.
Dabo had every right to jump down his throat,but the second tongue lashing ,imo,was a bit much.
The thing about this game was that there were enough miscues on both sides that caused the coaching staff of both teams to lose their cool.
They may be coaches,but they are also human.
In the end both coaches congratulated each other,and Fedora told Dabo to take it all the way.
I suspect Dabo will learn from his tirade,as will Teasdall about his miscue.Lesson Learned.

It may have been a tad too far. But not because he yelled at

Dec 6, 2015, 7:14 PM

the Punter. The Punter totally deserved to be freaked out on. It was just the fact that Dabo went back to him after the TD which was a few minutes later to take another shot at him. And then... during his half-time interview he took another public shot at him. Though he didn't say anything bad, it was just like he wouldn't let it go.

Dabo's behavior wasn't a big deal in the end. But it did seem more like a personal anger than a coach chewing out his players. But it's silly to say that someone lost respect for him. It's an emotional game and that was a CRAZY situation.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For all we know, Dabo went back to take the sting out of it

Dec 6, 2015, 7:58 PM

after a moment of reflection.

Teasdall screwed up majorly and Dabo let him know it. That's his ####### job.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same here. I just ask one what he thought

Dec 6, 2015, 7:21 PM

about his hero, Dean Smith, getting in the face of opposing teams player's (Iker Iturbe) face and cussing him out during game. Of course he swears it did not happen but I seem to remember that was one of the times Rick Barnes got in Dean's face

Dec 6, 2015, 7:26 PM

No, these are not Lille boys, if u screw up you need your a?? chewed, and secondly I don't see anyone Complaining about Saban doing the same if not worse during their game, just butt hurt like said before.

a little over the top, but teasdall giftwrapped a td to nc.***

Dec 6, 2015, 8:19 PM

He's lucky Muschamp wasn't his coach, he would've punched

Dec 6, 2015, 8:27 PM

him out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gained respect You mean***

Dec 6, 2015, 8:56 PM

It was a 'coaching moment' .....and a good one....the punter

Dec 6, 2015, 9:04 PM

learned from the discussion.....and didn't repeat the mistake again.

Win-Win situation.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic