Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Johnson's transfer adds urgency to getting Lawrence ready to play this fall
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

New Story: Johnson's transfer adds urgency to getting Lawrence ready to play this fall

May 21, 2018, 12:47 PM

Johnson's transfer adds urgency to getting Lawrence ready to play this fall

And then there were three, adding urgency to getting Trevor Lawrence ready to play this fall. Clemson exited the 2017 season with six scholarship quarterbacks on the roster, a good problem to have when it comes to the rough-and-tumble world of big-boy college football. Now there are three. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Johnson's transfer adds urgency to getting Lawrence ready to play this fall

May 21, 2018, 1:27 PM

The coaches try too hard to play the players who have been in the system the longest end up losing the best talent.

Re: New Story: Johnson's transfer adds urgency to getting Lawrence ready to play this fall

May 21, 2018, 1:40 PM

Fans try too hard to make people believe they know more than coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 2:23 PM

??

May 21, 2018, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Johnson's transfer adds urgency to getting Lawrence ready to play this fall ]

Mooooron

May 21, 2018, 1:34 PM

Oh, he'll be ready...

The schedule sets up perfectly for Lawrence to be

May 21, 2018, 1:38 PM

highly seasoned by the end of September, especially after going through spring and August practice. Give the kid the ball and let him do what he does without making it complicated. It's not like he wasn't the best QB on the roster, anyway. I hate Johnson is transferring, but it almost had to happen. He deserves to shine, as well. He's got a lot of talent. Now, cinch up your chinstrap and let's go.

Re: The schedule sets up perfectly for Lawrence to be

May 21, 2018, 4:10 PM

Bryant will never get a sniff at getting drafted as a NFL QB, so I believe that it would be best to get everything out of Trevor as we can starting this coming season bc he will be gone after his junior year anyway. Get him some game experience early on and shoot for a NC at the end of the season, and another NC in his junior year so he can go out with the biggest bang in Clemson FB history!!! Records have grown so big at Clemson since Dabo has become our HC, and two NC wins from one QB would be the hardest record ever to brake at Clemson for a very long time... Gooo Tigers, Gooo Trevorrrrr!!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 9:43 PM

This! An opportunity like this comes along once in a lifetime. I'm glad I still am here to witness it. I hope we don't blow our opportunity, (and I don't think we will).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 10:20 PM

That is a worthy prayer to pray for, and God would agree also, I hope!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: The schedule sets up perfectly for Lawrence to be ]

This is college what the h ell does the nfl have to do with anything. You are just a KB hater. Go pull for the coots

Two injuries at QB and we'll sorely miss

May 21, 2018, 1:49 PM

HJ. Really sorry to see him go, but totally understand.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Two injuries at QB and we'll sorely miss

May 21, 2018, 2:09 PM

David78® said:

HJ. Really sorry to see him go, but totally understand.

True, but a guy with that talent can't just sit around in case an injury (or two) happens. I hated to see the news this morning as well, but it's in his best interest.

Re: Two injuries at QB and we'll sorely miss

May 21, 2018, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Two injuries at QB and we'll sorely miss ]

So do I, but we are going forward. I wish he still were "All In", but since he decided to move on, I wish him well. I, also, wish us well, and we certainly will be fine.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 2:08 PM

I figured a transfer was coming, but I honestly thought it would be Chase Brice... It’s a shame, I felt Hunter played the best of the four in the Spring Game... The positive is, hopefully this means Trevor will get the nod as starter.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 2:32 PM

I'm not surprised i knew he going to transferring Because Dabo Swinney didn't give him a chance..Dabo is fault!!

He's not tranferring because he's pouting. He's tranferring

May 21, 2018, 3:03 PM

because he sees the writing on the wall and he's talented enough to start somewhere. It's a business decision, not a whiney I'm taking my ball and going home decision. Not everyone reacts like you would, but thanks for the insight.

Re: He's not tranferring because he's pouting. He's tranferring

May 21, 2018, 4:14 PM

Please say that you were testing real Tigers sarcastic meters!!! ;)

Re: He's not tranferring because he's pouting. He's tranferring

May 21, 2018, 7:18 PM

I don't think a guy with 5 poasts is allowed to mess with other Tnetter's sarcastic meters.

Be Mature

May 21, 2018, 4:14 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Johnson's transfer adds urgency to getting Lawrence ready to play this fall ]

Uhm...you weren't.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 6:47 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Johnson's transfer adds urgency to getting Lawrence ready to play this fall ]

Be mature said:

I'm not surprised i knew he going to transferring Because Dabo Swinney didn't give him a chance..Dabo is fault!!

We have Russian spambots trying to stir up controversy on TigerNet now?

Whoa. You dudes work hard.

Nyet!***

May 21, 2018, 8:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

cyka

May 21, 2018, 9:17 PM

nm

Dabo is part to blame...

May 21, 2018, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Johnson's transfer adds urgency to getting Lawrence ready to play this fall ]

he's brought in too much talent.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is part to blame...

May 21, 2018, 8:40 PM

I'll take that any day of the week. I played for and lived through Hootie. "Nuff said!

Re: Dabo is part to blame...

May 21, 2018, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Dabo is part to blame... ]

I would rather blame him for that more than anything else I could blame him for. Please continue to overwhelm us with to much talent, Goooo Dabo, Goooo Tigersssss!!!!

May 21, 2018, 2:36 PM

Tigers have gone from QB riches to great stable of QBs but now thin b/u with very limited experience. Agree transfers were predictable, but a significant QB injury will likely make a real difference this year's success. All 3 remaining QBS can win, but will our O be as aggressive in play calling? For sure, TL and CB gotta step up.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is what it is. Lets Roll. Bring on 2018***

May 21, 2018, 3:30 PM

Best Is The Standard

May 21, 2018, 6:07 PM

IMO if HJ had been given more opportunities to shine last season and again imo was s better qb and had higher ceiling than KB at the end of the season and kinda been the defacto starting qb this year like Dabo says kb is, then he knows the reins are his this year... or at least a shot and he wouldn’t transferred.

I truly believe in the one on ones meeting that he was told he’d be third on depth chart. In the old days if you call them that you had qb’s in waiting and get the nod in junior and senior year etc. that’s changed, now you really have to play true freshman if they’re ready because you only have 3 yrs.

Seriously, would DW4 stuck around here if he thought his first chance at starting was his junior year? I highly doubt it. In that sense it was good that quack had a tude and was kicked off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 6:59 PM

HJ has talent, but he probably sees TL is going to be really hard to beat down the stretch. With Taisun P coming in next year; we will be OK moving forward.

May 21, 2018, 7:54 PM

Couldn’t agree with TAFC any more. Well said... with the exception we don’t have anymore departures and all qb’s get a serious shot.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 21, 2018, 8:06 PM

A serious shot at taking the top job regardless of who has that starting slot as of now. That is the incentive of keeping new elite QB talent coming to Clemson when regardless of the experience the then starter has over all new comers. They need to know that they have a legit chance to take that slot over!!!

Dabo is too loyal to his most senior players

May 21, 2018, 9:34 PM

The most talented players don't sit on the bench for too long.

The best scenario would have been for Dabo to announce TL and HJ as the starters and KB transfer. But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Hold onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn a minute

Dabo so much as admitted that KB didn't do anything to lose the job so that means

KB will start and there is no way HJ will take over TL

This is on DABO

Re: Dabo is too loyal to his most senior players

May 21, 2018, 10:09 PM

You need meds

Darn Toot'in Gosh Darn'it !!

May 22, 2018, 12:33 AM

And I hope the guy who starts is the BEST QB we have, never mind a gub'ment like mentality of reward for time and tenure.

Dear Mr. Hood...

May 22, 2018, 12:42 AM

the way the headline reads you'd think Dabo hasn't been urgently working with Lawrence until we lost another QB. I fail to believe that our coaching staff is doing less than possible with every player on our team by any ethical, legal and moral was possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Chase Brice will be the eventual starter. Give it time.***

May 22, 2018, 6:57 AM

May 22, 2018, 7:24 AM

Even if coaches won’t admit it to the press/fans, the players know where they stand. I think Johnson knew he had bench time ahead, and he’s too good to sit.
Best of luck Hunter!

May 22, 2018, 11:39 AM

"Bryant led the Tigers to 12 wins, an ACC Championship and a berth in the College Football Playoff."

No.. the defense "led the Tigers to 12 wins, an ACC Championship and a berth in the College Football Playoff. Bryant led the Tiger to become one dimensional, predictable, and easy for Alabama to prepare for. Losing HJ will hurt. Even if TL becomes the starter (which I hope and pray happens) the Tigers are one play away at any time from a one dimensional and predictable offense. Not a coach so this is just my 2 cents.... but it seems on the outside that this coaching staff picks favorites. That is the reason why Nuke (his words) says that he is from Daniel High School. Even though he was clearly loved by the people in the stands he says that he was treated like a red-headed stepchild. This is something that Dabo and company must get away from.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2018, 1:26 PM

I don't think that anyone could logically argue your point when considering the points scored by our D last season along with the points scored in our kicking game or special teams. With all the points scored, was KB really responsible for all 12 wins!!!

May 23, 2018, 10:34 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Johnson's transfer adds urgency to getting Lawrence ready to play this fall ]

excellent point

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic