Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Jeff Scott tweets about Spring Practice
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,066

FB Update: Jeff Scott tweets about Spring Practice

Mar 5, 2014, 9:13 AM

Jeff Scott tweets about Spring Practice

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Jeff Scott tweets about Spring Practice

Mar 5, 2014, 9:44 AM

How about instead of suspending the 4 guys from the Georgia game have them sit out Spring (but not Fall) practice. Don't necessarily separate them from the rest of the team, rather have them run the stairs, do wind sprints, calisthenics etc. in view when possible everyday of practice. I bet it would send a strong message and hopefully food for thought to any players contemplating breaking team rules.
Also, prohibit them from being a team captain during the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So hinder the growth of the team and their personal growth

Mar 5, 2014, 9:49 AM

as players in our system?

Very Flawed idea....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: So hinder the growth of the team and their personal growth

Mar 5, 2014, 9:52 AM

They made a choice that hindered their own and the team's growth...and that is NOT part of our system.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no doubt they made a mistake, however, why punish the rest

Mar 5, 2014, 9:54 AM

of the team? They are all potential first team guys.

they deserve to be punished but having them sit out the spring instead of 1 game is ridiculous.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

not sure allowing them to avoid the work then letting them

Mar 5, 2014, 9:58 AM

play the game is the answer.

taxing a player's pt is the best deterrent; it's what they cherish most.

this is bigger than the georgia game, it's about sending a message to future tigers as well.

Re: no doubt they made a mistake, however, why punish the rest

Mar 5, 2014, 9:59 AM [ in reply to no doubt they made a mistake, however, why punish the rest ]

They aren't rookies and I said to have them participate in Fall practice. They can still study the play book, get in shape...and help the team even more by playing in the Georgia game. Of course we don't know what the team rule they broke was, but this was just an expression of my thoughts. Let's agree we disagree.

Out of curiosity....did you play football?***

Mar 5, 2014, 10:06 AM

Depending on what they did it might be mandatory

Mar 5, 2014, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Jeff Scott tweets about Spring Practice ]

For example if you get caught failing a drug test twice, weed, then you have to be suspended for 10% of the year which amounts to something like 1 game and maybe a half of another. If this is what happened then Dabo's hands are tied though he'd most likely suspend them anyway. He did for Sammy and G-hop last year for the same problems.

Dabo is spot-on and All In.

Mar 5, 2014, 10:17 AM

I regard his disciplinary action and steadfastness to the team rules as absolutely correct and precisely what should be done in this case. Regardless of the rule (s) that were broken the team knows them and knows that they are accountable as such. CDS is not showing mercy and that he is adhering to his standard shows integrity and honesty. I love it . Do whats expected guys ...or this will happen.
It puts the lotion on it's skin or it gets the hose again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Dabo is spot-on and All In.

Mar 5, 2014, 11:47 AM

Is that you Bill?

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,066
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic