Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is right. We could win 5/10 against FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,734

Dabo is right. We could win 5/10 against FSU

Oct 23, 2013, 9:17 AM

Like the fool I am, I rewatched it last night. At least up til they scored in the 3rd to go up 34-7.

We are good enough to beat them, folks. They didn't blow us off the ball, tear up our OL, or anything like that.

It was the turnovers.

Did any of you realize we had no 3 and outs in the 1st half? We got at least 1 first down every possession, even Seckinger's fumble was a 10 yd play if he holds on to it.

Watching it again made me even sicker. We are physically good enough to beat them.

Here was the main difference. Jameis Winston showed poise when the pocket was collapsing around him. He faced about the same pressure that Tajh did, but he handled it. That's why it looks like there's no pressure on him, he didn't react badly to it, he calmly moved his feet to avoid it and threw an accurate pass. Esp on 3rd down.

A few times they caught us with the right call against our call. Like the corner blitz from behind Tajh when we ran a p/a pass the other way. That play was huge.

What I'm saying is that they didn't do to us what we did to Syracuse and Wake. You watch those, and you know we could do it again and again. FSU got almost every break in the 1st half, and Tajh made some terrible throws. I can't know if they were unforced errors or FSU knew our tendencies well enough to confuse him. But plays were there to be made, and we didn't make them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Absolutely NO chance*****

Oct 23, 2013, 9:21 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can get away with a slow start

and turnovers against BC and NC State. You can't against a team like FSU. I agree that they did not physically dominate us. Heck, seemed like we sacked Jameis quite a bit. And we were running pretty well when we did. Good teams capitalize on mistakes, and you have to hand it to FSU. They put us in a hole early, and it snowballed from there. Time to focus on the turtles. 12-1 is still out there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: Dabo is right. We could win 5/10 against FSU

It was over when we got down 17-0 and Tajh got rattled like I have never seen. Started throwing balls into the ground, missing throws etc. Was just the perfect storm.

Get outta here Dabo.***

Oct 23, 2013, 9:24 AM

null

I disagree - it wasn't the turnovers that cost us the.......

Oct 23, 2013, 9:25 AM

game IMO it was Tajh's lack of poise compared to their guy.

Once TB imploded then our offense fell apart and we could do nothing. Our defense was playing all the time and they got worn down quickly. The whole team was demoralized.

Re: I disagree - it wasn't the turnovers that cost us the.......

Oct 23, 2013, 9:29 AM

Do you not think the first TO had a lot to do with that? Tajh started pressing and Winston had all of the pressure lifted off his shoulders. You can key on plenty of mistakes but every play in that game was affected by the first.

null

Re: I disagree - it wasn't the turnovers that cost us the.......

Oct 23, 2013, 9:40 AM [ in reply to I disagree - it wasn't the turnovers that cost us the....... ]

It was both, IMO. Without the turnovers, Tajh may not have imploded. TO's do make a team press to overcome them, and then when that doesn't yield quick results, and even causes another mistake, the pressure boils over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But the turnovers are the biggest reason why we lost our

Oct 23, 2013, 9:45 AM [ in reply to I disagree - it wasn't the turnovers that cost us the....... ]

composure, I think.

I left the stadium shocked at how little confidence we showed, the LSU game started the same way, but we dug in and fought our way back. ANd LSU put a lot more pass rush on Tajh than FSU did.

I don't get it, Tajh has looked like a warrior, and then he's looked like a scared kitten.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

big difference though..........

Oct 23, 2013, 9:51 AM

LSU (last year) didn't have an offense to capitalize on others mistakes or go with their good defense............so we're always "in the game" w/ LSU.

FSU has an offense

Oct 23, 2013, 9:27 AM

Living in Tallahassee, I'm hearing on the radio shocked disbelief about Dabo's "5 out of 10 claim"

Oct 23, 2013, 9:38 AM

Would you expect any different in Tally?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 23, 2013, 9:36 AM

You are right, and Dabo may be also. The key to your statements and Dabo's is in the turnovers and in Boyd regaining his normal composure. We are a different team when those things are correct. Now, the biggest question is could FSU make us play that way again, or could we make ourselves play differently if we had a rematch. I don't know the answer, but I doubt we play as bad as we did last Sat. again.

Oct 23, 2013, 9:38 AM

Yeah if you play them 10 times, they wont play perfect like that 10 times in a row and we wont play our D game 10 times in a row. The comment is being way overblown in my opinion.

Where exactly do you think turnovers come from? The turnover

Oct 23, 2013, 9:39 AM

fairy?

Turnovers come because you have a strong, dominant defense that has the ability to take away the offense's capabilities, such as running the ball or pass protecting for more than 2 seconds.

In this case, they got one turnover for free at the very beginning, but the rest were well earned by taking away our running game and executing a good pass rush, along with good coverage.

Re: Where exactly do you think turnovers come from? The turnover

Oct 23, 2013, 9:46 AM

You mean throwing the ball backwards because we miss read the play isn't giving them the ball? Or an int on an under thrown ball where the WR wasn't even looking for the ball? Oh wait you mean Boyd throwing in to triple coverage because he is trying to make something happen in a game where we are down big. FSU didn't force us into any of those situations they were all huge mistakes from Clemson. Also McDowell taking us out of field goal range for a chance to pull within one score?

null

WIth Catman we were still in range. SHould have kicked it.***

Oct 23, 2013, 9:54 AM

Re: WIth Catman we were still in range. SHould have kicked it.***

Oct 23, 2013, 10:02 AM

Not a sure thing from that distance by any means. Sure looking back them scoring quickly was detrimental, but having a big negative play followed by a missed kick would have been just as painful.

null

Chad took away our running game more than FSU did.

Oct 23, 2013, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Where exactly do you think turnovers come from? The turnover ]

Watch it again. I know it's painful but both teams' running games were about the same.

But a corner blitz is a gamble you take on defense, it paid off for FSU. If we have a different play called, it might pay off for us.

THe picks were just bad reads and/or throws by Tajh. They did cover us well, but I couldn't tell who was supposed to be where on Tajh's 2nd Q int. The ball just didn't appear to be thrown to where the WR was going. There wasn't much pressure on that pass, either.

Oct 23, 2013, 9:39 AM

Are you serious. 51-7!!! oh, i'm sorry, we scored a touchdown with 3 seconds left, with their 5th string defense on the field. We got beat like a rented mule!!!!You can sugarcoat it all you want too, but we were taken to the shed and beat down. We better be lucky we don't play teams like this every week. Our schedule hurts us as the season goes on. We get soft and weak. We had 9 months to prepare for UGA. If we had played them in Athens, we would have lost. ACC Championship, Are you kidding me? Are you kidding me? 5 out of 10, Are you kidding me? Venables has a better perception of the game than any of the coaches. Dabo's sugarcoating a beatdown.

You are now qualified to work at ESPN.

Oct 23, 2013, 9:51 AM

You can read a scoreboard.

FSU is not as good as they looked on Saturday.....

Oct 23, 2013, 9:52 AM

and Clemson is not as bad.

That said, if Clemson and FSU played ten times, Clemson may win two or three but five of ten is a stretch even for the most optimistic of Clemson fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 23, 2013, 11:46 AM

That was pure coaches speak coming out of Dabo for purposes of his teams confidence. He had a much better viewpoint of the game than I did, and if he truly believes that, then I suppose that Grove could have said the same thing after the beat down Clemson put on them a couple of weeks ago. Dabo knows better. I hardly saw a position on the field Saturday night where Clemson had better players. That was obvious. Dabo is just doing all he can to keep his team together mentally after such a deflating loss with everything at stake.

Well said. I agree

Oct 23, 2013, 12:06 PM

Some people are just idiots

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,734
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic