Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is college football's real evil villain?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Dabo is college football's real evil villain?

Aug 14, 2019, 3:38 PM

Wow! This guy is sour.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/08/dabo-swinney-and-the-college-football-championship-ring.html

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is college football's real evil villain? 2 things

Aug 14, 2019, 3:46 PM

He cant give him a ring according to NCAA rules. And if you read any of this it is clear this guy has an antichristian agenda. Ignore him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 3:49 PM

I gathered that coming from New York Magazine.

Aug 14, 2019, 8:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is college football's real evil villain? 2 things ]

74TIGER You are exactly right! "THEY" don't like Dabo when he talks faith. His beliefs and the fact he is openly and humbly Christian!

What a shame this writer has an agenda for a person impacting young people's lives in such a positive way.
Players are graduating from a 1st class institution who play football. And, they are playing football at a high level. They want to bring him down b/f it catches on.
Not going down that road; but "THEY" can't win!

Go Dabo! Evil stuff like this just makes you dig your heels in.

**Everything I said, Plus, it's against the rules! And even if it wasn't - "it's his rule"! They should respect that.
You know it's just evil when they don't write articles about how a few SEC schools over sign players and pick and choose who's scholarship they will renew or not. Burning a kids eligibility almost to give him no choice in some situations. Deplorable. But, you don't hear about them and it's a shame!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is college football's real evil villain?

Aug 14, 2019, 3:48 PM

Believe it or not but Clemson is on top of the world right now. Academically and athletically. Some don’t realize it and some can’t accept it but it’s for real. What you, as a fan need to be asking is .., how can I do my part? Enjoy the ride. I certainly am. Our Tigers aren’t going away

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

completely omits the fact that ....

Aug 14, 2019, 3:50 PM

...Kelly had the option to stay on the team and retain his eligibility and he still quit. I'm glad I don't have a job where I have to try to fabricate news like this.

Didn't 247 sort prove it would violate NCAA rules

Aug 14, 2019, 3:51 PM

to give KB a ring ? He was no longer on the team when game was played and had already committed to Mizzou as quick as fall semester was over(Dec).

Yup, but...

Aug 14, 2019, 4:18 PM

if I'm Dabo, those other guys like Big Dex and Galloway will absolutely get a ring.

If may not be until after they graduate and moved-on in their life pursuits, but I'd see to it they got a ring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Yup, but...

Aug 14, 2019, 5:19 PM

Og course they would get a ring, they were on the team for the entire year and even when suspended they stayed on and helped.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not clicking on it. It only helps serve that hack’s purpose.

Aug 14, 2019, 3:52 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not clicking on it. It only helps serve that hack’s purpose.

Aug 14, 2019, 4:00 PM

Amen. Give this nonsense a rest! I don’t believe the very best players in the entire nation would be lining up to play for the Tigers and become Clemson students if things weren’t the best. Can you remember when Notre Dame and southern Cal and a few others got their pick of top players? No longer. If a writer in NY can’t see that it tells me something! Support Clemson

Clickbait. Don't click it. You click he cashes in.***

Aug 14, 2019, 3:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Except that Dabo didn't trade KB....KB traded Clemson....

Aug 14, 2019, 4:05 PM

...not to mention that the NCAA rules state you have to be ON THE TEAM to get a ring.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do you really read articles from that Communist mouthpiece?

Aug 14, 2019, 4:08 PM

It's the Pravda for the Democratic party.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Didn't you know that the Dems feel everyone should....

Aug 14, 2019, 4:24 PM

...get a participation trophy regardless...

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 4:14 PM

Who ever this writer is, I have never heard of him, he has a bad case of hate for our coach.Must be a SEC homer

Aug 14, 2019, 4:22 PM

Lives in Athens. Says it all

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is college football's real evil villain? ]

This dude probably hates Chick Fil A, too.

The guy who wrote it lives in....

Aug 14, 2019, 4:24 PM

Athens, Georgia. That is all you need to know to ignore it.

Aug 14, 2019, 4:30 PM

My rely to the ridiculous article

Let's examine your point. First you are stating that Bryant should get a ring because he played in 4 games, stating several examples of when players played, then left and their former teams went on to win championships. Your first problem is that ALL of your examples are from PROFESSIONAL SPORTS not COLLEGE. Second those examples were of players that were TRADED to other teams. Not players that quit and left the team. Had Bryant not quit and was still on the team he would have gotten one. It's that simple! Furthermore, you CANNOT say with any certainty that Clemson wouldn't have won the National Championship had they lost that game. You have no way of knowing how the rest of the season would have played out. Texas A&M ended up ranked in the top 20, so to imply they might not have won the title is completely unfounded! Your points hold no water and your point is ridiculous.

got it!.......Graduates players, becomes father figure for

Aug 14, 2019, 4:34 PM

them, hires many prior players to work and learn the coaching business, helps other sports programs on campus, raises money for cancer awareness and research, has the players give back by volunteering to Habitat for Humanity, visits opposing teams in defeat to congratulate them, teaches life lessons with keeping God first............but NOT give a kid a ring for QUITTING and now you're the dEVIL........this clown needs to get a life! Haters gonna Hate!

(I did not click though so I am speculating what he stated from the responses above.)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Football, the glory days are here!

Aug 14, 2019, 4:35 PM

Just Win Baby! To Hell with NY !
GO TIGERS !!!

Aug 14, 2019, 4:40 PM

Saw this earlier. Clearly biased and HORRIBLE article/journalism/etc.

Ha. HaHa. HA! HAHA! HAHAHAHAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Aug 14, 2019, 5:18 PM

That is so ridiculous as to be funny.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Will Leitch is college football's stupidest sportswriter!

Aug 14, 2019, 5:50 PM

Fixed the title of the article for ya Will.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First thing to know: this guy lives in Athens, Ga

Aug 14, 2019, 6:02 PM

So divvying up national championship rings hasn’t been a practical issue there in a while.

I also hate the chart that shows how coach and administration spending outpaces scholarship spending. All three are going off the charts.

I am proud that Clemson is willing to commit to a coach with real principles and morals that will not bend to the latest fad or ill conceived “conventional wisdom”.

He was probably raised by one of those mothers who

Aug 14, 2019, 6:38 PM

thought he should have gotten a MVP trophy for picking dandy lions out in the outfield while the game was going on.

Aug 14, 2019, 8:40 PM

What a hateful article. I advise everyone to Not click on the link. I'm sorry I did as adding clicks for the benefit of this askhole is a mistake.

Leitch's convoluted thinking...

Aug 14, 2019, 9:46 PM

He says it right there in this poorly constructed piece: BRYANT left the team - he was not kicked off. BRYANT made the decision to exit; therefore, Bryant removed HIMSELF from the team and was absent from 11 of 15 games.

In addition - there is one sure-fire way to "not get a ring" - - if YOUR FORMER HC DECIDES NOT TO GIVE YOU ONE!!

The sport is not one in which players get a vote on who starts, how much playing time certain players get, who gets a ring, etc. Bryant exercised HIS autonomy & DABO exercised DABO'S!

Re: Leitch's convoluted thinking...

Aug 14, 2019, 9:49 PM

I am still looking for my ring. I wanted to go to the championship game, but I didn’t make it.

Why in the name of all that is good and Holy does anyone

Aug 14, 2019, 10:18 PM

care what some arrogant, elitist New York prick writing for an elitist Yankee magazine thinks? First off, I doubt this guy has ever played a down of organized football in his life and is probably more comfortable watching the catwalk at a fashion show than watching real southern football Clemson style. Who exactly is he to criticize the best coach in college football? Dude's opinion means ZERO and his article is a waste of digital storage space that could otherwise be spent on New York restaurant critiques.

In the immortal words of Lynyrd Skynyrd: "A southern man don't need him around anyhow".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The writer actually lives in Athens, Georgia.***

Aug 14, 2019, 11:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The writer actually lives in Athens, Georgia.***

Aug 15, 2019, 7:51 AM

So, a yankee that moves to the South is thereafter known as a Damm yankee.

Dabo has had some unique...

Aug 14, 2019, 10:21 PM

...first world and National Championship issues that VERY FEW others have ever had. When you're recruiting so well that even a Senior QB that took you to "the show" the year before can't hold on to his job, you're flying among some pretty rare birds indeed.

On the other hand, this is just the latest punch Clemson/Dabo event. There have been many, there will be many more. It is irrelevant in the big scheme.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 14, 2019, 11:53 PM

https://www.thecut.com/2018/03/will-leitch-on-raising-sons-in-2018.html

If you want to see what kind of "guy" this reporter is, just read this article.

Oh my gosh - this Leitch guy is pathetic

Aug 15, 2019, 12:58 AM

Obviously, this clown is about 37-39 and takes himself VERY seriously.

He's SO guilt-ridden - I don't see him making it to 40. He hates himself for being white; for being a male; for being a straight white male. To top it off, he hates that his sons might grow up to be like him. And finally, he's suffering from a "level 10" case of Trump Derangement Syndrome.

I hope his daddy (bless his heart) buried that shotgun 50 feet deep, because this melancholy, broken-hearted (gay minority woman trapped in a disgusting straight white guy's body) is probably only weeks away from offing himself.

To him, the world would be a much better place - without HIM.

Aug 14, 2019, 11:57 PM

This guy sounds angry and ignorant. Seems like it took any media reports that were slanted against Dabo and Clemson and added his sour version.

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic