Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is closing in on being in the same air as Danny Ford
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

Dabo is closing in on being in the same air as Danny Ford

Dec 22, 2017, 9:17 AM

I know he’s still learning this head coaching thing... but he is almost signing the type of talent that Danny brought here. It won’t be long until Dabo has us playing at the same level Ford did for so many years.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo has passed Danny

Dec 22, 2017, 9:20 AM

In terms of recruiting imo. Dabble has gotten the best players at almost every position. This includes top quarterbacks with different styles.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo has passed Danny

Dec 22, 2017, 9:25 AM

DABBLE HUH. ANOTHER IDIOT WITH A CUTE NAME. NOT REALLY FUNNY AT ALL

^^^^^ POTD***

Dec 22, 2017, 9:27 AM

DABO, not Dabble. Mistake DEROBERTS.

Dec 22, 2017, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo has passed Danny ]

Good job with the name calling sir.

^^^^^Cootle^^^^^

Dec 23, 2017, 7:47 AM

Is that better?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wut?

Dec 22, 2017, 9:34 AM [ in reply to Dabo has passed Danny ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Really?***

Dec 22, 2017, 9:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I bet face masks & the forward pass still make you nervous?***

Dec 22, 2017, 9:21 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo is closing in on being in the same air as Danny Ford

Dec 22, 2017, 9:23 AM

Pardon me a moment snowflake while ILMAO!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2017, 9:31 AM

To whoever TD me obviously you did not understand my reply. Dabo IMHO has surpassed Coach Ford considerably.

Dec 22, 2017, 9:24 AM

It would've been easier for Dabo to catch up , but USuC went and threw Will Muschamp's mug into it and now Dabo has to do doo diligence and hope to hold off the Coots .

We all know how skeered he is . How very very skeered .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

This poast....

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: This poast....

Dec 22, 2017, 10:16 AM

Was that your fifteen minutes of fame?

Myfavjr thought that was funny as he!!??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This poast....

Dec 22, 2017, 10:30 AM [ in reply to This poast.... ]

You can just post videos of chicks topless on here?

Is that lightbulbbill?

Dec 22, 2017, 1:37 PM [ in reply to This poast.... ]

Was wondering what that dude looked like :)

Looks like Bo & the boys at Beta rush back in the early 80's

Dec 22, 2017, 5:24 PM [ in reply to This poast.... ]

They could throw a party. But much less sausage and more beverages at Beta.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

until we bring back bubble screen, i've sworn off football

i'm a hoops fan now - because we are playing well

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Pretty good satire, Snowtown.***

I think you're being sarcastic. If not I'd argue Dabo has surpassed Coach Ford. Coach Swinney has had one bad year ever, he hasn't cheated to get the program where it is, and he won a Natty against a dynasty to potentially springboard Clemson into a dynasty status.

I'm appreciative of the tigers history but the tigers of now are built to succeed long term and for as long as Coach Swinney is the HC and beyond bc this is a brand that's been built not just a coach.

null

Dec 22, 2017, 10:26 AM

" The Tigers of Now "

Stealing that , and I won't give you an ounce of the profits .

DB23

Dec 22, 2017, 9:51 AM

Danny Ford: 11.1 Seasons, 106-31-2, 5 ACC Championships, 4 10-Win Seasons(2 9-Win and part credit 1978), 6-2 Bowls, 1 NC

Dabo Swinney: 9.5 Seasons, 100-29, 4 ACC Championships, 7 10-Win Seasons, 4-3 Bowls, 3-1 CFP (7-4 combined) 1 NC & 1 RUp & ?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2017, 10:00 AM

Ford: 3 Top 20, 4 Top 20

Dabo: 4 Top 10, 2 Top 20, 2 Top 25

I propose a Cage Match at halftime of the Spring Game to decide the champion!

Dec 22, 2017, 10:02 AM

Correction!

Ford: 3 Top 10, 4 Top 20

Dabo: 4 Top 10, 2 Top 20, 2 Top 25

Wait does a top 10 finish also equal a top 20

Dec 22, 2017, 1:44 PM

finish? Because my maff ain't adding up :)

To the point though, I went to Clemson for (4) ten win seasons in a row, and i loved Danny and will always appreciate what he did for us. But I can tell you the wins, the quality of wins, and the quality of men being put into society by this program today, it exceeds anything we've ever had here. Minus maybe John Heisman of course :)

Dec 22, 2017, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo is closing in on being in the same air as Danny Ford ]

A couple of things about those stats that goes both ways. It's a little easier for Dabo to have 10 win seasons since they play 12 games now, as well as the ACC Championship game. On the other hand, Dabo has to deal with FSU in the ACC where Ford did not. I'd also say the level of difficulty for winning a NC is higher now with the playoffs.

Dec 22, 2017, 12:24 PM

I agree. That's why I listed the 2 9-1-1 Seasons with no bowl game. Making the CFP 3 years in a row is something only Bama and OSU can also claim. And the way things look, no one other than Ga can even dream about that!

Whoa whoa whoa!!

Dec 22, 2017, 9:53 AM

Dabo hasn’t passed Ken Hatfield yet, and you’re wanting to mention him in the same sentence as Danny Ford?!?

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

It would be interesting to be able to see what each would do

Dec 22, 2017, 10:07 AM

in the other's era. Ford was recruiting in a much more "wild wild west" landscape. Sure we went on probation; Vince Dooley was head of the infractions committee and got Hershel because he paid him more than everyone else. Part of the reason we were targeted by the NCAA was because we were beating teams that we weren't supposed to beat (i.e. Ohio State, UGA, Nebraska ...). It's a totally different situation now in college football.

Personally, I think Dabo would get eaten alive in Danny's era at Clemson. The only way to build a pedigree back then was to do it the way Danny did it. We weren't a blue blood back then. That being said, Danny established us as a semi blue blood in college football ... a program that people celebrated beating as a major accomplishment. Dabo is too up-front and, quite frankly, too honest to have gotten us there under the common workings of college football back then.

Danny coaching now? Danny's a leopard with spots and you know what they say about those. I know Danny and I love Danny but in today's climate, Danny would get in trouble.

I think, given their environments within which they coach(ed), they're right about even; both outstanding and both great people. As far as the "air" ... it's the same now as it was in the early 80s. Clemson nation divided over the departure of Ford and is reunited, really for the first time since, under Dabo. Clemson is back and it ain't going anywhere.

Re: Whoa whoa whoa!!

Dec 22, 2017, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Whoa whoa whoa!! ]

If he ever surpasses K. Hatfield, he'll have to contend with the legend that was Tommy West. The battle is way too uphill for Dabo. I do like the guy though, he has moxy.

So his balloons popped?***

Dec 22, 2017, 11:03 AM

Dec 22, 2017, 11:14 AM

I attended Clemson in 1981. IMHO Dabo is well beyond Ford. For me these current teams are more talented overall and certainly more fun to watch. Back in the early 80s there was a lot get a little lead and with a great defense and great field goal kicker, kind of sit on that lead. Don't get me wrong, Danny Ford was great. But he was never going to get the number 1 QB recruit in the country. I think what Dabo has done with this program is nothing short of miraculous. And I was not a big Dabo supporter the first two or three years. He needed to convince me, and he did.

Stop goofing around.

Dec 22, 2017, 11:25 AM

We need more posts about x's and o's. You scared Tiger Bry and Tiger Woods off.

And Rev, don't forget about Rev***

Dec 22, 2017, 11:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

In other news we landed on the ??

Dec 22, 2017, 1:33 PM

For those that missed it or live in caves

Dec 22, 2017, 8:25 PM

Dabo blew by Ford about 5 years ago. Didn't even raise a sweat. Ford was a good coach. Dabo is a great coach. He will be considered one of the 2 or 3 greatest ever before he's done.

Dec 23, 2017, 12:12 PM

He has not blown by Danny. Danny has a cattle farm that will be feed on high performance weed.

8-3-1 vs coots.

Falling out with Admin lead to clemson “never again” not supporting a great coach with an understanding of how hard it is to find and keep one.

Trolling? Dabo passed Danny several years ago. Not even

Dec 22, 2017, 10:59 PM

Close.

Did he plant some hemp, too...?***

Dec 22, 2017, 11:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He passed Danny Ford

Dec 23, 2017, 8:33 AM

Winning national champ surpassed DF bc
Dabo coached in 2
Won 1
Graduates almost every single player
Recruits way better
Built a better culture
And unified this University and community like no one has before

Dabo is best thing everv to happen to Clemson in easily last 50 years.

People may want to hold onto nostalgia and see this as blasphemous, but Dabo surpasses Frank Howard and Danny Ford. No other coach at Clemson has done as much for all of this University as he has.

Danny just raised the bet with 20 acres of redbud***

Dec 23, 2017, 8:39 AM

Dec 23, 2017, 11:06 AM

You better wake up and start watching what's going on. This post would have been accurate 3 years ago

Dec 23, 2017, 11:21 AM

Passed him. Not even close.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2017, 11:26 AM

Dabo has Clemson staring at the world through their rearview. They are on another level.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic