Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo has hired 2 great coordinators, but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 3,563

Dabo has hired 2 great coordinators, but

Sep 29, 2013, 8:58 PM

he doesn't get enough credit for orchestrating the Scott to Caldwell transition on the offensive line. Does anyone else realize that we have a former head coach as our offensive line coach. We are no longer soft on the O-Line. Our interior line can be devastating, and our tackles can both run block. In seasons past, if we had an injury on the line, we were in deep trouble. Now we rotate linemen. Our O-Line might get beat individually, but we rarely have busts that were common in the Tommy days. Keeping Scott and his recruiting abilities and still being able to bring in Caldwell was a master stroke in my humble opinion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was at NCSU for a long time but it wasn't the best period

Sep 29, 2013, 9:06 PM

for them. I can remember in the 90s NCSU lost to East Carolina!! in the Peach Bowl. And how long was he a head coach? Was it more than a year?

He was the head coach at Vandy for a year***

Sep 29, 2013, 9:38 PM

He had great Olinemen at NC State, Furman, Vandy, and

Sep 29, 2013, 9:43 PM [ in reply to He was at NCSU for a long time but it wasn't the best period ]

now Clemson.

Agreed. I think it's a mistake to think that Dabo is simply

Sep 22, 2022, 6:36 AM

a cheerleader who has stumbled across a couple of good coordinators. While Dabo does have a tremendously positive attitude and has no doubt hired two great coordinators, I think there is a lot more to his success as a head coach than that. This is Dabo's team and top to bottom, is a reflection of his vision and the result of his drive and ability.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Dabo gets the credit but I'll bet Morris had a say in it***

Sep 29, 2013, 9:14 PM

How they were hired at

Sep 29, 2013, 9:28 PM

The sametime?

Can't say I know the entire timeline but I think Morris

Sep 30, 2013, 5:42 PM

was offered and signed weeks before it was official for Caldwell. Maybe Dabo and TDP had already made a firm offer to Caldwell, but I suspect it was at least known to Morris (during interviews) and he was given a chance to give input. You don't bring on someone you expect to do big things like Morris and leave him in the dark in my opinion.

Uh, No!***

Sep 29, 2013, 9:44 PM [ in reply to Dabo gets the credit but I'll bet Morris had a say in it*** ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:I know where the buck stops.***

Sep 29, 2013, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Agreed. I think it's a mistake to think that Dabo is simply ]

agree with all that, but

Sep 29, 2013, 9:37 PM

Brad was a former head coach as line coach too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't consider South Carolina a football program***

Sep 29, 2013, 9:38 PM

so vandy counts and usuc doesnt. Intradasting***

Sep 30, 2013, 8:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Dabo has hired 2 great coordinators, but

Sep 29, 2013, 9:48 PM

I agree. Great point. The trenches is where games are won. The QB gets too much credit and blame. Again well said.

The Paul Hogan hire in S&C has also been a big reason

Sep 30, 2013, 8:37 AM

behind our turnaround on the lines. This guy has made a huge difference in getting our interior linemen as strong/stronger than $ECheat players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

^^^^TRUTH***

Sep 30, 2013, 5:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like how we hardly ever jump offsides or hold.

Sep 30, 2013, 8:50 AM

I attribute this to good coaching.

One thing I would change though...our center tips off the snap every time by dropping his butt right before snapping the ball.

Replies: 16
| visibility 3,563
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic