Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo has done a great job of recruiting but...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 4,175

Dabo has done a great job of recruiting but...

Dec 27, 2013, 11:00 PM

If Clemson wants to get to National Championship caliber they have to do better than #19 (2010) #8 (2011) #14 (2012) #14 (2013) while FSU goes #10 (2010) #2 (2011) #6 (2012) #10 (2013) and now FSU is #5 while Clemson is #15. Talent is the key to success. We have to recruit at that level. That means not taking projects anymore. We have to let go of old thinking and take more high caliber prospects and develope them. With the new success on the field we need to rethink the recruiting aspect.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SEC recipe is better ... oversign like crazy ...

Dec 27, 2013, 11:12 PM

then have summer tryouts and discard the slow-developers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We take every high level prospect that commits***

Dec 27, 2013, 11:14 PM

Idk Dabo has very few duds

Dec 27, 2013, 11:16 PM

He must be a recruiting wizard because we seem to offer kids that are unknown then out of nowhere they end up 3-4 stars with a ton of college offers. We don't treat the ESPN 300 like a shopping list and we still go out there and sign high caliber guys. Not very many programs have top 15-20 classes every year. IMO we are very lucky to be in the position we are in right now.

Re:True. First you have to get the size, speed and agility.

Dec 28, 2013, 11:36 AM

Then you have to look for the heart and the smarts. The heart and smarts, of a potential player, will offset a lot. It all boils down to evaluation. Forget the gurus and do the job.

Our recruiting is top flight

Dec 27, 2013, 11:18 PM

Anything in the top 20 every year gives you a shot at being consistently good. Then there is development , consistent coaching stability and player investment. Recruiting is really only about 1/4 the formula for national level success.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Yet we have consistently outrecruited USuCk over the last 5

Dec 27, 2013, 11:29 PM

years. Not counting Dabo's first year when we only nabbed 12, we have averaged 24 a year while they have avreraged 26. One big difference I see right away is that they have signed considerably more offensive linemen, and more higher rated ones.

I think FSU was definitely more talented than us this year, and their players were just better for the most part. I think the recruiting rankings tell us a lot, but not everything.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: There,again, you are putting too much emphasis on

Dec 28, 2013, 11:37 AM

what the gurus say.

How so? I've always acknowledged the limitations and

Dec 28, 2013, 1:06 PM

flaws of recruiting rankings. Still they are a decent general indicator of recruiting success (which may or may not translate into on-field success), whether people want to admit it or not.

Maybe I should have qualified my post this way: "Yet, according to recruiting rankings, we have outrecruited USuCk over the past 5 years".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Dabo has done a great job of recruiting but...

Dec 28, 2013, 12:35 AM

Beating Ohio State would be the best thing they could do to improve recruiting.

If they lose, then it's another step back.

Dec 28, 2013, 12:40 AM

it isnt just about ratings it is filling needs with the right skills and finding coachable guys who develop a chemistry and play together.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2013, 8:46 AM

We need to recruit guys with attitude. No more of these soft kids.

Dec 28, 2013, 8:50 AM

I would expect UF to have better numbers as well. Would you want their success?
We are doing just fine.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

smarter coaching is the key,like not abandoning the run when

Dec 28, 2013, 11:21 AM

it's working.teaching players to hold on to the ball

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2013, 9:00 AM

And this applies to "o" and "d" lineman.
Think not!
According to an article I saw this past week,OSU"s
"o" line outweights Clemson "d" line by an avearage
of 30 lbs per man.
Battles maybe won with skilled players,but wars are won in the trenches!

Where is Clemson #15 in recruiting now?***

Dec 28, 2013, 10:50 AM

Re: Using that yardstick, if everything was true it would

Dec 28, 2013, 11:41 AM

parlay us being the 15th best team in the country. I don't believe a bit of that crap.

Yadda yadda yadda. Prove that a #10 ranking is better than

Dec 28, 2013, 12:09 PM

a #15 ranking in any given year.

FSU has talent, there is no doubt. But they also have proven to be better coached and better prepared for every game so far this year. And they pick talent to fit their voids quite well. It's less about these arbitrary rankings and more about development and coaching.

Remember FSU last year and the year before after all that good recruting in its past? Who did they lose to last year, for example? Oh, yeah, NCSU. And Florida. And the year before? Oh, yeah, WF and UVA, oh, and Clemson.

Re: Yadda yadda yadda. Prove that a #10 ranking is better than

Dec 29, 2013, 1:58 PM

great point NortherT!!!

we haven't dropped our games to cellar-dwellers at least!

soooo close, sooo often, but we hurt ourselves in some big games...we are coming on though slowly but surely :)

Dec 28, 2013, 12:14 PM

Recruiting classes are ranked mostly by skill players. We get killed every year in OL recruiting, it just doesn't have much effect on recruiting rankings.

Dec 28, 2013, 1:32 PM

Teams like Virginia Tech had consecutive 10 win seasons with 2 and 3 star recruits. They did it with excellent coaching. They won games with their defense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2013, 6:43 PM

Auburn's last two recruiting class. Florida has been in the top 10 every year you have mentioned except one. Most times, performance gets you to National Championships, not how well you recruit. And Boise State wasn't ranked in the top 25 in recruiting when they beat Oklahoma in 2007. Talent is great. Being able to coach that talent is 1,000% better. Dabo has done that better than most coaches whom teams have had higher recruitment classes.

Dec 28, 2013, 6:50 PM

To be a small class this yr I love the what we are bringing in. Our 2015 should be a full 25 man class without having to be picky. I'm loving where we stand with hyatt, tuttle, campbell, and huggins just to name a few.

Dabo makes all our coaches recruiting easier

Dec 29, 2013, 12:26 PM

Dabo is the face of our university since becoming our head coach we get better recruits to all of our sports. Recruiting rankings do not show this or the lower head count that we can take. Next we will have 20 plus seniors and will be able to sign a full class.

more coot ignorance***

Dec 29, 2013, 12:27 PM

Thatt hasnt worked too well for Scar***

Dec 29, 2013, 12:29 PM

Dude your out of touch with reality, we have been recruiting

Dec 29, 2013, 12:30 PM

great. I would have loved to been pulling the talent we are now back in the 1990's. Some people just have to have something to whine about non stop.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marshal Faulk was a project….

Dec 29, 2013, 12:32 PM

nobody in the southeast wanted him at running back. San Diego State offered him at RB, he went there, had an amazing college career, and is now in the pro football hall of fame.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo makes all our coaches recruiting easier

Dec 29, 2013, 1:33 PM

Dabo has become the face of our university. He has brought more desired attention to the university than we could have ever asked for in a coach. I would like review the job performances of tnets negative posters to see if they had made any errors over the last five years

Replies: 28
| visibility 4,175
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic