Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo following Saban/Tua in regards to Trevor and KB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Dabo following Saban/Tua in regards to Trevor and KB

Sep 26, 2018, 10:25 AM

Dabo is watching Tua play lights out for Bama and Jalen sitting on the sideline now. I bet he is thinking the Clemson situation was very much the same. Don't think Dabo anticipated KB moving on though.

Even if Trevor ends up playing lights out, this is one hell of a loss for this team with KB leaving. You are now one awkward play away from Chase Brice being your quarterback. I'm sure Ben Batson is a nice kid but behind Brice is Batson and Renfrow?!?! We went from having a plethora of options this time last year to now 2 legit options.

After reading everyone's opinions and thoughts regarding the QB situation on here over the last few weeks, I am relatively convinced no one has the answers. We can debate what is right and wrong and who was better or worse for the team. All I know is a kid that bled orange for 4 years and graduated from Clemson is now going to finish his collegiate career for some other team. I wish KB the best but I'm frustrated by this whole situation.

I want the best player to play also and I think that is only fair to the rest of the team but I can't shake the feeling this is a bad thing for this team. Tough blow to morale going into the most important game of the season. For everyone who has been voting for Trevor all along....are you willing to bet the farm on a 4 TD performance against a terrible Ga Tech team? We will really see what this kid is made of on Saturday.

Go Tigers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo following Saban/Tua in regards to Trevor and KB

Sep 26, 2018, 10:29 AM

Yes I am willing to bet the farm on it because this is not a one year deal to me. It is about a continueing line of program success. TL, is better now, how much better will he be with a nearly full year of PT under his belt.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 10:34 AM

It's a great point...Trevor could be the QB for the next 3 years.

Think of this though...how many times does a freshman QB win a national title?

How many times does a QB like Aaron Rodgers learn under a Brett Favre for a few years first in the NFL. Sure they're examples of kids who have success in their first years, probably more in college football than NFL but it is still a super risky now only having 2 legit options, at least in the short term.

I really do think Dabo got caught up in how well changing to Tua has worked at Bama. He really just didn't anticipate Kelly transferring.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 10:40 AM

Dabo got caught up in watching TL in practice and games. Do you really think all those statements hyping up KB as being ahead over the spring and fall camps were the real deal? The 2 minute drill Saturday sealed the deal when TL drove down the field for a score. How many FS own the talent that TL brings to the table, the kid is just special. Our offense clicks with him running it and the O-line now stands a chance in the war of the trenches. RB's will now get the bulk of the carries going forward and given that stable that is a very good thing.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:51 AM

Shoot what I really liked was the starting skill position players coming back in cold in the 4th quarter with Trevor leading them and just went straight down the field with ease.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2018, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo following Saban/Tua in regards to Trevor and KB ]

Ton answer your question about how often true freshman win the natty, it almost never happens. Jamelle Holloway at Oklahoma was the last one to do it.

With that being said, I think we have a good candidate to get the job done, but Trevor’s got his work cut out for him.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:39 AM

Forget Tua, etc.

How should Dabo have played KB/Trevor?

He played it as perfect as I can see.

Allowing someone who is "deserved" over someone is better would have been the worst decision.

The rest of the pieces from the situation is all on KB. And that bleed orange comment I have heard now appears to be not really true. He bleeds KB, the deserved one, nothing more.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:40 AM

Golf clap from here on that post.

Dabo doesn't follow anyone..he does what is right to him.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:46 AM

and he will continue to do that..there will be no disrespect to Kelly or anyone involved..Dabo legitimately loves Kelly and will do the right thing for Kelly and Clemson.
I'm so grateful that our football program thrives with almost no input from me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Re: Dabo doesn't follow anyone..he does what is right to him.

Sep 26, 2018, 10:50 AM

I trust Dabo...playing Trevor probably is the right move.

Just a gamble from my perspective. I do think Trevor could be the next freshman QB to win the national title.

Perhaps my frustration is with Kelly...I think he is making a mistake. Then again, maybe Jalen sticking it out at Bama is a mistake for him.

Time will tell!

Aren’t most teams screwed their starter goes down?

Sep 26, 2018, 11:01 AM

Compare stats between he two. There is no comparison. KB played vs GT and didn’t do $hit. They both have played against these 4 teams TL has far outproduced KB

It’s big boy football. Not let’s make everybody happy with a trophy and juice box football.

Kinda unrelated to this post but since you bring up Tua &

Sep 26, 2018, 11:04 AM

Jalen . . .

Where did Jalen finally end up after he pouted & stormed off with his marbles ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic