Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Spurrier Obsessed?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 3,021

Spurrier Obsessed?

Dec 15, 2012, 11:42 AM

Why is he so obessed with Dabo? The man can't make a public comment without including him some way.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^THIS^***

Dec 15, 2012, 11:43 AM

Re: Spurrier Obsessed?

Dec 15, 2012, 11:45 AM

I would say he is enjoying the popularity and riding the wave of owning Dabo and Clemson. Wish I could sugar coat it but that is it as I see it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Arrogance doesn't come with a good set of brakes***

Dec 15, 2012, 11:57 AM

I don't think he's obsessed,I think he truly feels sorry

Dec 15, 2012, 11:45 AM

For him. I mean he's whipped him four straight

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think he's obsessed,I think he truly feels sorry

Dec 15, 2012, 12:00 PM

I would agree but not sure the Spur has a heart. I could understand when he refered to Clemson as "that upstate" school I think he was showin they did mean anything. But now its by name I just find it funny and sad he keeps thinking about and talking about "a little ol' ACC school they beat all the time". I find it sad.

Re: I don't think he's obsessed,I think he truly feels sorry

Dec 15, 2012, 1:13 PM [ in reply to I don't think he's obsessed,I think he truly feels sorry ]

What #### coot is on the board with this DA comment? Dabo is a much better man than the pompous ### Spurrier will ever be or hope to be....screw how many times straight he's won....the worm will turn....and soon....USC will begin their SLIDE downward next year....

What an idiot...coot logic***

Dec 15, 2012, 5:41 PM [ in reply to I don't think he's obsessed,I think he truly feels sorry ]

He's going with what he's got.

Dec 15, 2012, 11:58 AM

He knows he'll never win a conference or any other championship at USuC. He knows that fanbase will be happy just winning the "State Championship "(high school ain't it ), that's why they made a trophy for it.

That being said, he has won 4 straight, and to the vicror goes bragging rights. But he does know his audience.

Lou taught them SEC,SEC,SEC, at 0-212 he made them believe that they'd win any other conference. Now OBC has them with State Championship Trophies. It works.

Oooops - ^^^^^^^ 0-21***

Dec 15, 2012, 12:10 PM

Steve Spurrier has been a jerk all the way back to Duke days

Dec 15, 2012, 11:59 AM

Only thing was, Danny owned him so he couldn't run his mouth like he does now. When he got to FL (from Duke)it all started when he started winning with all 'em state of FL players. Miami & FSU people hate the jerk.

Re: Steve Spurrier has been a jerk all the way back to Duke days

Dec 15, 2012, 12:23 PM

Four in a row is a pretty big deal. This is a feat that has rarely happened in USC history. I don't think most of you guys realize how significant 4 in a row is. Clemson has had an entire class graduate from college without ever winning a game against South Carolina. Football players, the entire student body, cheerleaders, etc...have never tasted success. You have high school seniors choosing college, and SC has never lost a game to Clemson. Don't underestimate the impact. This is a huge accomplishment, and Spurrier is just relishing in the moment. Unfortunately for Dabo fans, he can't say a word because the record speaks for itself.

Re: Steve Spurrier has been a jerk all the way back to Duke days

Dec 15, 2012, 3:38 PM

unfortunately for Dabo, getting owned by USC has not stopped him from "sayin a thing". Remember the rant??

Yea, making that rant after getting schooled made Dabo look the fool to most everyone in the college football world. But most of Clemson nation seemed to love it.

Here's a news tidbit for ya alpha--who spends half his time

Dec 15, 2012, 4:12 PM

lurking on his rivals board. Regardless of Dabo's "rant" (which Clemson fans loved because it was based in fact), Spurrier is/was/and will probably always be a smartazz punk with a mouth.

Everybody in the SEC (and much of the rest of the country) used to despise the crap that came out of Spurrier's pie-hole---INCLUDING EVERY GAMECOCK FAN I KNEW. Oh the bitchin' and whining that went after Spurrier ran up the score on the coots in Gainesville one year.

Don't continually lurk on your rivals board and try to adopt some "holier than thou" visage when its actually you who are the lowlife.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hey beta female...youre funny***

Dec 15, 2012, 5:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier has been a jerk all the way back to Duke days ]

1st time 4peat=big deal...8th time=not really a big deal, so

Dec 15, 2012, 5:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Steve Spurrier has been a jerk all the way back to Duke days ]

dont kid yourself...rookie

Its a head game and hes good at it

Dec 15, 2012, 12:30 PM

He has successfully put all the pressure on us to beat him. You see it in the mistakes we make playing them.

Re: Its a head game and hes good at it

Dec 15, 2012, 12:34 PM

But every public comment? Even during the Lattimore injury deal. I mean really? Some is understandable but every time?

Dec 15, 2012, 12:40 PM

every year it becomes clear Spurrier was very butthurt after losing to the first game against Dabo. Almost makes me wonder if Dabo talked a little trash at midfield after the game.

What did he say this time?***

Dec 15, 2012, 12:47 PM

He just thinks he's getting under Dabo's skin.

Dec 15, 2012, 12:48 PM

He has always used #### talking as part of his strategy.

Dec 15, 2012, 12:49 PM

http://preps.goupstate.com/news/article/41127/spurrier-headlines-guest-speakers-at-luncheon/

Dec 15, 2012, 1:01 PM

I was just worried about a "man crush"....lol.... he might dream about him.

Dabo earned this

Dec 15, 2012, 1:06 PM

with his rant at the end of last year-- a pr stunt to take fan's minds off the fact that he had lost 3 in a row. Now it's 4. Spurrier has gotten in his head --this will not end until he wins or spurrier retires. It is what it is......

Spurrier is a reincarnate of Tommy Bowden....

Dec 15, 2012, 1:59 PM

since arriving at SCU, Spurrier has watched his legacy spiral downward like a weak flushing toilet. His only accomplishment, his only real achievment at $CU has been his success over Dabo and Clemson; similar to when Tommy Bowden said, "I like that song (2001 a Space Odyssey). Everytime I hear it...I win".

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

It is envy of the man he never was nor will be***

Dec 15, 2012, 2:40 PM

Re: It is envy of the man he never was nor will be***

Dec 15, 2012, 2:53 PM

He has 3 over Ga.3 over TN and 2 over Fla.4 over Clemson. I would say he is in a lot coaches heads right now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is envy of the man he never was nor will be***

Dec 15, 2012, 4:01 PM [ in reply to It is envy of the man he never was nor will be*** ]

I really don't know Spurrier or Dabo personally, so I won't venture as to who is the "better man", but for the last four years we sure as heck found out who is the better football coach. Unfortunately, that's a #### fact.

As long as Spurrier beats him, he will taunt him.

Dec 15, 2012, 4:09 PM

Maybe that will motivate Dabo to get his act together and beat him. If not and dabo goes down a 5th straight time, I'm for making a change. Enough is enough with losing to the coots.

Replies: 28
| visibility 3,021
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic