Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo confirms 23 signees
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Dabo confirms 23 signees

Dec 18, 2019, 10:32 AM

If this is true no suprise commits from flowe or Burch...which kinda sucks because Flowe is twice as good of a high school football player as anyone in the nation, but one player isn't enough to hold Clemson back. #Allin

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo confirms 23 signees

Dec 18, 2019, 10:33 AM

Ajou ajou would of been 24 wonder what went down

Dec 18, 2019, 1:43 PM

Dabo cannot comment on a commitment until the commitment is no longer a commitment but a signee. Ajou Ajou did not officially sign until after Dabo's press conference, therefore 23 signees instead of 24. Had he held the press conference at 2 pm he could have said 24 signees.

What happened to Ajou Ajou?

Dec 18, 2019, 10:34 AM

we have 23 on the list without him

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nothing he is coming

Dec 18, 2019, 10:36 AM

https://twitter.com/katelynnmccoll/status/1207162606508630016?s=21

Dec 18, 2019, 10:34 AM

Not really. We already knew we we weren't getting them. Hope Flowe goes to USC.

Tell 'em u6c coot

Dec 18, 2019, 10:39 AM

Fear both hands and fear both feet

Today is nothing but good for Clemson.

Dec 18, 2019, 10:41 AM

Nothing “sucks” about this day.

null

Re: Today is nothing but good for Clemson.

Dec 18, 2019, 10:53 AM

The only thing that "sucks" is when losers come out of the woodwork to attempt to disparage an opposing team's #1 recruit class.

Makes me think "yeah, that poster must be super successful and popular in real-life too" :)

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2019, 10:47 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble but Flowe is not EVEN close to that valuable.

I wouldn't trade him for DJ Uiagalelei, Breese, Capehardt, etc...

Enjoy sitting on your couch watching us play in another CFP game on Dec. 28th.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2019, 11:07 AM

Flowe is "that valuable" to 98% of the other programs in the country. To us, he would be just another piece to the puzzle. He could be the next Simmons, and would be awesome to have (I can only imagine what BV would do with him), but I can't fault him if he wants to stay closer to home and be the obvious star player on whatever team he chooses.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2019, 11:14 AM

Exactly...I hate the fans that are like "since he's not coming here we didn't want him anyways" Of course we wanted him...and Even though I LOVE what Simpson offers Flowe is Easily a better Linebacker than him right now. There's only 1 or 2 Linebackers as good as Simpson each year. There's only 1 flowe every 5 years. He's Trevor Lawrence special and I wish we had him, but we will be fine without him.

Dec 18, 2019, 11:26 AM

Ok you said some things that made sense about Flowe being a rare talent at LB, but in no way, shape, or form does he compare to what Trevor Lawrence would have meant to any team around the country.

Trevor Lawrence has been deemed as the best QB recruit in the last 20 years if not ever. He also plays the most important position on the field.

There are 3 LBs on the field most of the time, so one of them will not make near the impact of Lawrence.

Dec 18, 2019, 12:43 PM

Disagree. If you don't think Isaiah Simmons has the same or greater impact than TL16, then no point in arguing... we can just agree to disagree. A player like that, that can play anything from DE to Safety is invaluable to a defense.

I'm not sure Flowe is as fast as Simmons, and it remains to be seen if he could even play that role, but a stud LB can absolutely have the same impact to a team as Trevor has (See Luke Kuechly, and how bad the Panthers looked without him a season or 2 ago when he was out with a concussion). I think our defense is probably top 20ish without Simmons this year, and since we're actually top 5 if not the best says a lot!

I see the same from Trevor. He's an absolute stud of a QB, and we're lucky to have him. That said, with the talent we have around him, I still think we're a top 20 offense without him. That one big-time playmaker can push a top 25 D or O into the top 5.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2019, 12:50 PM

We saw Trevor's value last year in the first four games with the direct comparison to Kelly Bryant.

Just because we have studs everywhere around him does not mean that any decent QB would do near what Trevor does with the weapons.

Isaiah Simmons is a 4th year player in the program who has made a huge jump from even the beginning of his 3rd year in the program. Comparing Flowe as a recruit to RS junior Isaiah Simmons is a huge reach because of the time it took Simmons to make his impact.

Trevor jumped off of the page and changed our team in his very first action.

Even the best LBs in the history of the game could not make that impact of changing a team from conference champion level to national champion level from game 1 as freshmen.

Now if we are comparing what each would mean by the end of their career then a LB can make a big impact if he pans out, but in terms of how much a recruit means to sign, I don't think it's really even close.

Dec 18, 2019, 12:59 PM

Those are all very fair points. I concede.

I still think we would be 13-0 with Chase Brice, but I certainly like our chances better in the playoffs with Trevor.

I definitely get what you are saying with regards to Jr vs Fr impact. Simmons was a work in progress and it payed off. I think Flowe could come in and have a similar impact in year 1, but there's no guarantee with any freshman. I thought Shaq Smith would have an impact like that in year 1 also and we all know how that worked out.

Dec 18, 2019, 11:24 AM

247 is saying that Ajou Ajou is committed to Clemson.

https://247sports.com/player/ajou-ajou-46082144/

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You lost me at twice as good as any high school player.

Dec 18, 2019, 11:25 AM

Dumb.

JUST DUMB!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: You lost me at twice as good as any high school player.

Dec 18, 2019, 12:46 PM

Forgive him. He has his beak stuck in the dirt.

Re: You lost me at twice as good as any high school player.

Dec 18, 2019, 1:52 PM

Anyone who doesn't say "Wow Dabo is great all are recruits are the best players and everyone who doesn't sign with us must suck" is a coot to yall. As far as development right now. Flowe is the most developed player in high school football right now and a generational type talent. Other players could surpass him in college who knows, but flowe plays linebacker in a way similar to Ray Lewis at Miami. Trevor was that type of talent 2 years ago...and would still have been that good even if he didn't sign with Clemson contrary to popular belief on here.

what about xzavier henderson?

Dec 18, 2019, 11:38 AM

is he signing at a later date?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I love this place, I've got a spot already picked out where I want 'em to put me when I die - up there on that ole hill near the stadium. I want to be there so I can hear all them people cheering my Tigers on Saturdays; then I won't have to go Heaven; I'll already be there."- Frank Howard

Re: what about xzavier henderson?

Dec 18, 2019, 1:43 PM

February

You guys have to work so hard to troll.***

Dec 18, 2019, 1:48 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic