Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo and crew is way smarter than we are...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Dabo and crew is way smarter than we are...

Sep 12, 2020, 11:13 PM

They used this game as a half scrimmage for freshmen and first gamers. Who else in the ACC can or does that? It’s why later in the year we will be better and ready for any Covid outs. I wanted more of a blow out of course but he never stops coaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo and crew is way smarter than we are...

Sep 12, 2020, 11:14 PM

At least way smarter than you* are.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 12, 2020, 11:18 PM

Yeah but seemed to me DJ was doing pretty well even though they didn’t give him much in the way of play calling. Phommachanh on the other hand got to open it up a little more and struggled against 3rd and 4th stringers for Wake.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's also why we can have a once-in-a-generation talent,

Sep 12, 2020, 11:19 PM

and he still probably won't win a Heisman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's also why we can have a once-in-a-generation talent,

Sep 12, 2020, 11:24 PM

The Heisman is a tainted award. Deshaun was cheated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'd think we would have learned though.

Sep 12, 2020, 11:29 PM

Let TL go through the end of Q3 every game and there would be zero room for debate. If we can reward whatever by letting Will Swinney take handoffs, we can reward TL with a Heisman.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And risk Trevor getting injured in garbage time?

Sep 12, 2020, 11:42 PM

Just to pad his stats? No thanks.

I’d love to see him win the Heisman, but not if it takes that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

only if TE kept running him with the game in hand

Sep 12, 2020, 11:49 PM

Wait....maybe you’re correct.

Re: And risk Trevor getting injured in garbage time?

Sep 13, 2020, 12:13 AM [ in reply to And risk Trevor getting injured in garbage time? ]

1 NC > 1,000 Heismans

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They actually aren’t mutually exclusive.***

Sep 13, 2020, 12:16 AM

Re: You'd think we would have learned though.

Sep 12, 2020, 11:45 PM [ in reply to You'd think we would have learned though. ]

For a meaningless reward? No thanks. I'd rather get the young guys work and keep our veterans healthy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's also why we can have a once-in-a-generation talent,

Sep 12, 2020, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: It's also why we can have a once-in-a-generation talent, ]

I agree a little. But I still think if you jave probably the best player in the nation, do jim a slight favor and let him roll one more series with TD, instead of one series after first half. Likely if you run fast paced offense, QB doesn't get touched but stats add substantial after 1 more td and 5 more passes. Still take him out middle or 2/3s of 3rd qtr. But I like Dabo philosophy

Yep we pretty much agree.

Sep 12, 2020, 11:55 PM

TL wasn’t even getting breathed in that game. Resist the urge to run him and let him drop a couple dimes for TD’s, and then get the other guys a Q4 of experience.

Sep 12, 2020, 11:22 PM

We've done it for years. Our players-per-game is always sky-high compared to everybody else. While I'd love to put 70 on everybody, it really saves our guys later in the year when they've only played 70% of the snaps as other teams who are feeling beat-down after a dozen games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why Do You Think

Sep 12, 2020, 11:29 PM

Our O-line starters are solid as a rock despite only one returning from last year?

69-5 record over the last 5 year; one shy of 14/year in wins

Sep 12, 2020, 11:35 PM

playing a 12-game season schedule... Don't change jack... Hypeman will come knocking out of sheer embarrassment otherwise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic