Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo and Jack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Dabo and Jack

Jun 8, 2014, 11:56 AM

I'm new guys. Hope everyone is well. I have been reading your posts and have been a Clemson fan all my life. I may not know much but if there is one thing I know, it is that Dabo might end up being the best coach ever at Clemson when it's all said and done. I'm glad we have him. He seems to really love Clemson too and that is nice.

And as far as coach leggett is concerned.... I do agree that the last few years have been lacking and it's reasonable to expect better, but I don't think getting rid of him just yet makes since. Give the coach a chance to right the ship. He has earned it in my opinion. Besides.... It's just a game and he has given years of his life at Clemson and the last time I checked we are all family and I'd like to see jack have a chance to go out on top. Any of us would like that if possible.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

help me out with this "right the ship"

Jun 8, 2014, 12:08 PM

if the ship is heading in the wrong direction, didn't he put it in that direction? Are you saying his coaching/recruiting is what caused this, but we're to give him another year to fix what he created?

From what I seen/heard/read from Leggett he doesn't think anything is wrong, so why would he even try to "right the ship"?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo and Jack

Jun 8, 2014, 12:24 PM

Leggett should have been fired last year or even two years ago. If Dabo won the national championship with one loss and it was to S.C. , who would be be happy, not me !

Jun 8, 2014, 2:15 PM

I'd be happy! Sucks losing to Coots but winning a NC is the #1 goal. A goal I think we're getting close to achieving.
:)

Jun 8, 2014, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo and Jack ]

I could never be happy about losing to the coots under no circumstances. But if we won the NC, I would certainly be very happy about that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unfortunately....

Jun 8, 2014, 12:48 PM

College baseball is a little less about recruiting and more about coaching and execution with the talent you have.... Jack probably excels as a recruiter, but is less effective in game management.... The MLB operating model hurts him, but it is what it is and there's probably no changing it....

Re: Unfortunately....

Jun 8, 2014, 1:26 PM

Jack has openly stated in an interview that there is nothing wrong with the program . How can he fix something when he can't see his own created problems ?

Jun 8, 2014, 1:24 PM

You are going to get a lot of whining from the boo-bird faction. Ignore them. Jack is an honorable gentleman and a great coach. Read the post on Gossett's recommendation today and see what I mean.

Can't say I disagree with anything in your post.***

Jun 8, 2014, 1:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alot of FSU fans would like to have seen Bobby Bowden "right

Jun 8, 2014, 1:30 PM

the ship" and go out on top too.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2014, 1:54 PM

BS!!!!!!! Jack has HAD YEARS to start to do things right but he refuses!! past time for him to be gone!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2014, 2:14 PM

At the end of Dabos bad 2010 season, he had the guts to take credit and said changes would be made. He lived up to his word . After this past baseball season, Jack said in an interview that there was nothing wrong with the baseball program. Even the biggest Leggett apologists including the TCI staff would have to agree that after four years a serious slide is showing. How can you fix a problem when you can't even admit that you need to change your ways as a coach?

Jun 8, 2014, 3:02 PM

Sorry Orangerivers that this was your first post. However, I knew this was going to stir up the hornet's nest as soon as I read it. Don't let some of these posters bother you. They are like that to almost everyone. Keep on keeping on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 8, 2014, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo and Jack ]

Yep, Jack knows that bat warmers gives hitters an advantage in cold weather games. He all but accused Tanner to be a cheater for using a bat warmer that is legal under the NCAA rules. Has Jack put one in our dugout for our guys to have that advantage. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it don't fit his old school ways. Even though old school college players used wooden bats that didn't need a bat warmer for the wood. But it is very understandable how they could help the recoil on a metal bat!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smell a COOT!

Jun 8, 2014, 7:39 PM

nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic