Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney agrees to new eight-year contract
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney agrees to new eight-year contract

Aug 25, 2017, 10:00 AM

Swinney agrees to new eight-year contract

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Dabo and Clemson but these are eye popping numbers...

Aug 25, 2017, 10:08 AM

... I would rather it be in 4mil range w/ generous bonuses for ACC championships, CFP appearance and wins. But, it is the market at work I suppose.

Re: I love Dabo and Clemson but these are eye popping numbers...

Aug 25, 2017, 10:21 AM
IMG_4663.JPG(59.8 K)

Aug 25, 2017, 10:27 AM [ in reply to I love Dabo and Clemson but these are eye popping numbers... ]

Wake up and smell the smell of victory, you old Coot...you want to go back to the Ken Hatfield days??? Heyll naw...u want the best coaches, then u have to pay the best, period!! Dabo has brought hundreds of millions of dollars to the University, so it's a huge win for Clemson, ultimately. If you don't like it then move over the pond and cheer for some lame soccer team!

Aug 25, 2017, 11:40 AM

Yep, there is always coot womenzzz basketball, and Staley makes $1.4M ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whats the difference in $4M or $6M in the end...

Aug 25, 2017, 10:31 AM [ in reply to I love Dabo and Clemson but these are eye popping numbers... ]

are you just worried at that point it becomes just too much money to pay someone or is it you think he will not work as hard?

It would be interesting to see the $$ Dabo has generated for

Aug 25, 2017, 12:22 PM [ in reply to I love Dabo and Clemson but these are eye popping numbers... ]

Clemson University. I suspect CU is getting a bargain...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shhh don't tell anybody.***

Aug 25, 2017, 10:10 AM

Re: FB Update: Swinney agrees to new eight-year contract

Aug 25, 2017, 10:11 AM

Dabo has hit the Jackpot, 6m a year for coaching a game.
It is what it is and that's what college coaches make now.
So at least we have a good coach and more importantly a good man.

Clemson is the one who hit the jackpot with CDS.***

Aug 25, 2017, 1:57 PM

null

Message was edited by: classof1994®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Aug 25, 2017, 10:11 AM

Great news for long term commitment for a Great coach. Thanks Dabo for the leadership, dedication, and football success. You're in a class by yourself. No one equals or betters your coaching, recruitment, and young man life development success, all roled into a blessed believer.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2017, 10:14 AM

??

Aug 25, 2017, 10:26 AM

Best news possible for our football program and our university today!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Queue the media and coots with sob stories of how Dabo

Aug 25, 2017, 10:29 AM

is making this amount while other state employees make much less and some are being laid off or fired. Mark it down, these stories are sure to follow as they always do.

Re: Queue the media and coots with sob stories of how Dabo

Aug 25, 2017, 10:56 AM

Tell them he's only making 245,000 from public state funding. The rest is licensing and Iptay

Re: Queue the media and coots with sob stories of how Dabo

Aug 25, 2017, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Queue the media and coots with sob stories of how Dabo ]

He has a salary cap for State funding. Somewhere around 250,000. The rest of his salary and most expenses of the football program are paid through IPTAY, generous life donors and other fundraising events

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Aug 25, 2017, 10:33 AM

Lucky to have him and his family at Clemson! Great day to be a Tiger!
This will surely tick off a few Bama fans hoping he would come there one day!

#ALLIN !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cant believe the Harbaugh number

Aug 25, 2017, 10:34 AM

good grief

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cant believe the Harbaugh number

Aug 25, 2017, 10:43 AM

harbow number is a complete joke - what's he done except make meechigaan less appealing imo. anyone wanting to complain about Dabo numbers should wake up and smell the beans. Saban making almost twice as much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The buyout structure is outstanding & we COULD NOT pay

Aug 25, 2017, 10:48 AM

TRIPLE the money & get a better Coach & leader.

Well done Clemson University. WELL DONE ! ! !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Aug 25, 2017, 10:54 AM

I'm fine with the salary.

I'm not fine with the buyout. Why is his buyout start at only $6 million and then slowly go to 0? Clemson's buyout is $40 million. Dabo's buyout should be $15 million. We are making a commitment to him, he should make one to us.

Aug 25, 2017, 10:57 AM

For reference. Saban has a $0 buyout. It's a fair deal. I don't think Dabo is looking to leave

whuu?

Aug 25, 2017, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney agrees to new eight-year contract ]

That's probably what Clemson would have to pay if him if they fire him, not the other way around. Can't tell if you're joking? Are you? Joking?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all about precedence and leverage.***

Aug 25, 2017, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney agrees to new eight-year contract ]

He is worth every last penny and then some

Aug 25, 2017, 10:58 AM

Now it's time to lock down Vennables for 8 years

Who??***

Aug 25, 2017, 11:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I get a kick out of the picture behind Radakovich

Aug 25, 2017, 10:58 AM

All the players have their names removed from the back of the jersey so their "likeness" can't be used.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Aug 25, 2017, 11:25 AM

I think this is great. Through multiple forms of raising money and teaching our student athletes to be the best they can be. Football has improved, but also the experience, the love and unity between our players and their goal for a quality education. I hope you can now lock down Coach V, Scott, Elliott and the rest of our staff. This is the reason I still give 1600 to IPTAY even though I can't climb those steep steps. Just in everything in life contribute and support and enjoy it to the fullest

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Looks like a solid 4-5 year contract before renegotiation.***

Aug 25, 2017, 11:31 AM

Dabo Will Pass Frank Howard in 8 Seasons

Aug 25, 2017, 11:42 AM

If Dabo averages just 10 wins a season over the next 8 seasons he will pass Frank Howard for the all-time winningest coach in Clemson history.

So Dabo is now...

Aug 25, 2017, 11:48 AM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Aug 25, 2017, 12:00 PM

Congrats Dabo, but lunch is on you next time!

Aug 25, 2017, 4:38 PM

Maybe he'll buy us all pizza again!

Anybody else love that the term sheet calls it a

Aug 25, 2017, 12:05 PM

"CFP NATTY Appearance"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Wooo hooooo

Aug 25, 2017, 12:05 PM

...oh wait, not supposed to do that. ^_^

Congrats Dabo!!! Very deserving.

Dabo should take the lump sum and just invest it himself

Aug 25, 2017, 1:40 PM

The annuity is for suckers and just for show. I would love for Dabo to release his tax returns soon so we can see all the other income he has coming in. Good for him all the way. I am just curious

I hope this doesn't come back and bite Drad in the end.

Aug 25, 2017, 1:46 PM

#nervous

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Weak***

Aug 25, 2017, 2:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: Country boy can survive!

Aug 25, 2017, 2:51 PM

Love it!

Seat equity anyone?***

Aug 25, 2017, 3:33 PM

Got physically ill every Bowden extension......

Aug 25, 2017, 4:53 PM

Today I feel just fine........

Aug 25, 2017, 6:10 PM

Dabo is worth every nickel and then some. He's built a program that is both successful and enjoyable for everyone associated with it and I trust his character to avoid the kinds of scandals that have tainted and sunk other institutions and that to me is worth any amount of money.

CEOs are paid to get their stock value up

Aug 26, 2017, 4:40 AM

And Dabo has done as much to improve Clemson Stock as could possibly be done.

The success of the football program and a Top 20 Public University ranking year in year out are the primary reasons there were 26,000 applicants for a 3600 student freshman class. And I hear from folks at Clemson they're expecting the number of applicants to top 30,000 next year. Those are numbers that start to drive competition with some pretty top-notch academic schools.

This doesn't even touch the subject of money pouring into Clemson on both the IPTAY and academic sides....

Worth every penny....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic