Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo: Four or Five Plays
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,643

Dabo: Four or Five Plays

Dec 8, 2012, 10:53 PM

According to his post practice interview, four or five plays were the difference in the FSU and SCU game. I am so tired of this line of thinking. It was getting old under Bowden, but the thought that "we're so close" is misleading. You might as well say it was just bad luck.

Ellington echoed the same "four or five plays" quote. It has become the pervasive excuse.

It isn't four or five plays. It starts in the weight room. Its coaching and gameplanning. Its fundamentals- blocking and tackling. It's Jimmy's and Joe's upfront. Its an attitude.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He might be right...

Dec 8, 2012, 10:55 PM

Between the interceptions and 3 and outs, we might have only run 4 or 5 plays in the second half

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While I agree with what you said, a few of those calls could

Dec 8, 2012, 10:56 PM

have changed the outcome. Not sure if one of those "4 or 5 plays" they are referring to is one of the penalties but I don't think they can comment on officiating...

Dabo: Four or Five Plays - bad gameplan against usuc

Dec 8, 2012, 11:22 PM

I certainly hope Morris is off his mantra - "we play to our standards not to our opponents." Big mistake against usuc. Every team that played well against them ran inside their fast edge rushers, not away from them. Even Wofford was successful until their lack of depth betrayed them in 4th quarter. Play action, running, occasional long pass and definitely not trying to keep qb in huddle. Lack of ball control led to defense being in the game 29 minutes - way too much. I hope and expect Chad to change for LSU. Remember the last 7 almost 8 minutes against NC State. Go Tigers play smash mouth fb, YOU CAN WIN!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo: Four or Five Plays - bad gameplan against usuc

Dec 8, 2012, 11:24 PM

Exactly A poor gameplan is not "four or five plays." That game was lost 5-6 days prior when the gameplan was put together.

Re: Dabo: Four or Five Plays

Dec 8, 2012, 11:45 PM

Seems like Tammy Bowden used the same line.

Dec 9, 2012, 12:52 PM

you obviously didnt watch either game or you would have to agree...slowly remove your maroon glasses...or whatever shade they are this season...

AMEN! It use to be 1-2 plays so I guess we are.....

Dec 9, 2012, 12:57 PM

regressing. Same old crap.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 9, 2012, 1:28 PM

Simms you are 110% correct.

Tigeron

Dec 9, 2012, 1:35 PM

You couldn't have watched that game and belived Morris didn't base his gameplan on scar. I wish we would have just played our game and made them stop us. It worked the rest of the season.

null

Re: Re: Dabo: Four or Five Plays

Dec 9, 2012, 1:55 PM

It could have also been 4 or 5 plays from a blowout in their favor. This "what if" BS is for losers any team could say that about any game. Just man up and admit defeat and try to get it fixed.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,643
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic