Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo & The Family
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,159

Dabo & The Family

Jan 18, 2020, 7:13 AM

The Clemson Family is blessed to have Dabo as not just a coach but a man on the campus.

When with all the crap going around him growing up, you always hear him say, he could "SEE" what was in his future. When he had doubts, God would wink at him.

Crap growing up, I understand it clearly. I was born in Columbia in Jan 1948. Raised by a single mom. Raised in the project. Raised on welfare & food stamps. Attended all black schools from 1 thru 12. No college grads in the family. Had maybe 1 or 2 pairs of pants and maybe 2 or 3 shirts.

There was never a Xmas tree in the house and never any Xmas or b'day gifts. The welfare check totaled $99 with $21 going toward the rent. $99 less $21 for rent for 6 kids & 1 adult.

The only thing I hated [hated not dislike] was having to go to the store and buy those women personal items for mom & my older sister.

But as Dabo could see what he would be, I never doubted I wouldn't make it. As Dabo has said a 1000 times he could see it.

I didn't think God would "wink" at me, I believed my Grandma & her mom [who I never met], & all my aunts who had passed were "Winking" at me.

I always wanted to attend Clemson, followed by North Carolina A&T with the University of South Carolina taking up the rear.

There were no books in the house, you rather have grits on the table then books on a wall unit.

Like Trump, I never read a book during 1 thru 12.

Different, I could sit & listen and obtain enough to make a C+ or B-.

You ask is how this black kid who don't read and attended all-black schools get accepted to Clemson, NCA&T and USC's engineering schools.

I think the very high SAT score did it.

During the 1960's I could see it & my people who had passed on was watching over me.

Two years ago my niece Shannon graduated from Clemson thus making me "Family" although I graduated from USC in Columbia.

Let me end with a statement that Dabo will band me from TigerNet.

I wasn't big on YouTube, but for years I was looking for the Tiger's 1981 Championship game. I would look for better quality video cause I already not so good copies.

During my search I came cross a lot Clemson vlog. Dabo when I first so Kathleen at one of game celebrations, I first thought, cheerleader, then I thought Dabo's daughter. That should get me banded from TigerNet.

Go Tigers!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo & The Family

Jan 18, 2020, 9:56 AM

TNET won't let me wink just thumbs up. ;>p

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,159
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic