Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo: The Trendsetter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 496

Dabo: The Trendsetter

Feb 6, 2016, 5:13 PM

Over the years, I've often heard Gamecock fans ridicule Dabo Swinney for his affable, animated behavior on interviews and with recruits and for his recruiting-first approach to coaching. They called him dumb, clownish, and unprofessional because he dances with players, lifts up female announcers, and screams to high heaven about the greatness of Clemson to anyone who will listen.

What I find ironic is that, when Steve Spurrier resigned (i.e., quit) mid-season last year, Shawn Elliott, the liveliest, most player-friendly member of his staff, was allowed to serve as interim head coach. Why wasn't a more austere person chosen? Further, was a stoical man hired as the permanent head coach? Not at all. Instead, fiery Will Muschamp was given the reins. From what I've gathered, his main selling point during the introductory press conference concerned his recruiting prowess, not X's and O's. In other words, Gamecocks appear to be trying to find their own version of Dabo.

By the way, even stern Jim Harbaugh of Michigan is dabbing with recruits. I have also heard that Alabama's Nick Saban is beginning to loosen up a bit.

Has Dabo become a trendsetter for today's generation of coaches?

https://www.google.com/search?q=jim+harbaugh+dabs&biw=911&bih=445&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi6ja2tkOTKAhUISiYKHSt7BBgQ_AUICCgD&dpr=1.5#tbm=isch&q=jim+harbaugh+dab&imgrc=heowcc5ux8y9OM%3A

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 496
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic