Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DYE to LB????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

DYE to LB????

Oct 7, 2015, 11:47 PM

I see this young man as a great talent and it appears he will have tough time seeing field as RB----would it not be a good idea to get some depth to move him to LB?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DYE to LB????

Oct 7, 2015, 11:58 PM

Sounds highly unlikely. We'd see Gallman before Dye, probably

No. He will most likely transfer after this year

Oct 8, 2015, 12:00 AM

With Gallman, Brooks, Davidson, Fuller, Choice (who got redshirted this year) and Feaster coming next year i dont see Dye sticking around. We may see another RB transfer with Dye as well.

You may be right but I 100% think the coaches are handling..

Oct 8, 2015, 12:07 AM

The situation right. Gallman is just on a higher plane right now than the other RBs. Gotta feed the Wayne Train in these close contests.

We need at least one good power runner back-up

Oct 8, 2015, 5:24 AM

Georgia has 2 or 3 to rest Chubb this year and Gurley last year. Also use Zac Brooks for wheel route a few times every game - he is best receiver at rb and also has done a good job running when in there(maybe he could be a more frequently used back-up) Wayne, like the rest of the team, has slowed down in 4th quarter!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We need at least one good power runner back-up

Oct 8, 2015, 6:09 AM

Nick Chubb is Georgia's power rb. His backups are sonny Michel and Keith Marshall, both speed backs.

Wayne slows down in the 4th quarter?? What? He dominated in the fourth quarter at Louisville and the only reason he didn't against ND is because of play calling. I have no clue where that came from.

Re: No. He will most likely transfer after this year

Oct 8, 2015, 12:55 AM [ in reply to No. He will most likely transfer after this year ]

I find this very very sad. Dye was very highly touted out of high school. He was the RB I was most excited about when he committed. He has fought hard to come back. I wonder if he would be open to putting on a little size and moving to FB/TE. I'm not sure if he could put on the size needed to be a DE. He is very fast. I think if Gallman had bombed we would see more of him. I do like the idea of moving to LB. Wasn't Beasley originally recruited as a RB? Dye is talented enough to do anything he wants. I think Brooks needs to make a move to CB or safety. He, IMO, will never make it as a RB in the NFL. In 2016 if we could get Dye and Brooks to consider changing positions, and we lose Davidson to graduation, we will start to lighten up the logjam in the backfield a little. We would have Gallman, Feaster, Choice, and Fuller. That is a very, very nice stable of backs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2015, 1:08 AM

I don't understand why he's not seeing the field at all. I thought he would the #2 back with decent playing time. Before Davidson anyway.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2015, 1:58 AM

Because he's had two of the worst injuries in terms of full recovery prospects. He just hasn't recovered from back and Achilles injuries and I doubt he'll ever be back to the condition he was in coming out of high school. The burst just isn't there. Right now, until we see anything otherwise, we're hoping for something we're unlikely to see.

CJ is done after this season***

Oct 8, 2015, 8:38 AM [ in reply to No. He will most likely transfer after this year ]

We are only 4 games into the season with 9-11 games left.

Oct 8, 2015, 9:26 AM [ in reply to No. He will most likely transfer after this year ]

At this point in the season last year, Wayne Gallman had 16 carries for 92 yards, 10 carries and 77 yards of it came in one game against SC State. In his fourth game he had 1 carry for 4 yards.

Patience grasshopper.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2015, 9:53 AM [ in reply to No. He will most likely transfer after this year ]

Bingo

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It takes time to comeback from a ACL & a back issue

Oct 8, 2015, 1:50 AM

The other backs got reps he didn't get. He having to learn the plays, Blocking and regain his ability to cut at full speed. I think we will see more of Brooks, Fuller and Dye as the season progresses.

I don't think he will transfer. I think he will compete and earn his place. Just my opinion.
go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Achilles.***

Oct 8, 2015, 8:35 AM

Always loved dye, sad he hasnt

Oct 8, 2015, 8:55 AM

gotten to plau a lot. But I can assure you that if he was excelling at RB he would be at RB.

I really don't think this is that unlikely. I mean there are kids every year that change not only position but sides of the ball.

One thing's for sure... we desperately need more production

Oct 8, 2015, 9:36 AM

from somebody (anybody) behind Gallman. Every time we get it rolling on the ground with Gallman and have to sub him out for a breather, the next back in gets stuffed and the drive stalls.

Losing a few people to transfer is the price you pay for...

Oct 8, 2015, 10:00 AM

having TALENT!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic