Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Texans coach says Watson is backup QB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

FB Update: Texans coach says Watson is backup QB

Aug 22, 2017, 4:50 PM

Texans coach says Watson is backup QB

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Texans coach says Watson is backup QB

Aug 22, 2017, 4:53 PM

Hey Bill let us know when you are serious about winning because Savage is not
the answer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He IWS serious about winning, that's why he's not going with

Aug 22, 2017, 6:08 PM

the rookie

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 6:44 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Texans coach says Watson is backup QB ]

> Hey Bill let us know when you are serious about
> winning because Savage is not
> the answer.

Savage has 100% earned the job. Even if you're just basing it on the 2 pre season
games so far its not close. Watson looked good in the first game but he looked pretty bad in the second. His accuracy was way off. This is a good thing in the long run for DW4. Don't rush him let him get comfortable in the NFL and he will thrive and have a much better and longer career.

Aug 22, 2017, 8:08 PM

Hate to say it, but is true based on performance to date. I wouldn't bet that DW4 catches and surpasses the current starter in the next year or so, but that just gives DW4 time to mature a little more and master his craft with this team. He will be the guy soon (if not this season, probably within the next 2) IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2017, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Texans coach says Watson is backup QB ]

Thank you for your input.

Best Regards,
Bill

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 26, 2017, 6:54 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Texans coach says Watson is backup QB ]

What is he supposed to say?
I know,how about trading all the Clemson players ,plus Clowney,to the Patriots for Tom Brady.
Then we won't have to keep hearing about the Patriots.
No wait,then we would have to live with the Patriots winning more Super Bowls,but with Clemson players.
No,I'd rather be patient,and let DeShaun learn the system.Besides,he'll probably start by game three anyway.

Aug 22, 2017, 5:02 PM

No question Savage earned it. Statistically it wasn't close.

This really is a good thing...

Aug 22, 2017, 5:08 PM

I don't care beans about the Texans winning, I want Watson to succeed and if, by not starting immediately and learning more about this level of football, he will be more successful long term, I'm all for it.

Re: This really is a good thing...

Aug 22, 2017, 8:10 PM

Me too! Knowing him, he will be the go to guy soon, or in the next couple of years, either there or somewhere else, but I hope it's there. He has lots of tools to work with there.

This really is a good thing...

Aug 22, 2017, 5:08 PM

I don't care beans about the Texans winning, I want Watson to succeed and if, by not starting immediately and learning more about this level of football, he will be more successful long term, I'm all for it.

Aug 22, 2017, 5:09 PM

and I believe this so deeply that I've said it again... uh, oops.

Aug 22, 2017, 6:48 PM

Well I'm still only going to give you one tu+

Aug 22, 2017, 5:09 PM

Likely adds years to his career.

Aug 22, 2017, 5:20 PM

Last guy DW4 backed up was Cole Stoudt. Period.

Cole Stoudt to the Texans confirmed?***

Aug 22, 2017, 6:03 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nobody in the NFL cares what he did at lower levels of comp***

Aug 22, 2017, 6:10 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Texans coach says Watson is backup QB ]

Savage has outplayed him thus far, it's pretty obvious to

Aug 22, 2017, 6:07 PM

any unbiased observer...It's not the end of the World if DW doesn't start from day 1, he can still have a great career.

Re: Savage has outplayed him thus far, it's pretty obvious to

Aug 22, 2017, 6:10 PM

Yeah - not a bad gig - collect the $$$$ and wait.

Aug 22, 2017, 6:36 PM

I'd say it's more collect the $$$$ and WORK. Get better. Gain total command.

DW4 will be FINE! He can learn more of the Game Plan &

Aug 22, 2017, 7:47 PM

Be ready when his time comes! I actually hope he gets some time to learn more, so he has a long Lucrative Career in the NFL!

Aug 22, 2017, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Savage has outplayed him thus far, it's pretty obvious to ]

Dude and Deshaun was passing to guys who aren't going to make the team and hit those mfers in the hands most the time and the dropped the ####. Savage has starters or at least second stringers with him out there. I think is a ####### sin to say that savage has out played him cause as far as I've counted Deshaun has two TDs and Savage still only has one that's just a fact.

Aug 22, 2017, 8:45 PM

You are so clueless. Tom has played so much better this preseason.I'm not there to see practice, but I've seen the rest.

Aug 22, 2017, 10:24 PM

Oh I am go watch the first drive against the panthers when kuekley and company actually were on the field. He didn't do ####. You are the same turds that bad mouthed me when I said Deshaun should start over Stoudt at the beginning of Deshaun's time here. I saw that as a big mistake. And what gives you the right to think you can call me clueless. Give me any big game experience that Tom Savage has been a winner.... point to a point when Savage threw a big touchdown pass! You can't and he's never thrown one in a real NFL game. Actually Deshaun is responsible for more TDs than Savage still. Savage had one good series with the ones in game two preseason. So now Savage is Aaron Rodgers? Come on man you don't spend that much money and call a man the backup QB.

Aug 22, 2017, 10:30 PM

"You are the same turds that bad mouthed me when I said Deshaun should start over Stoudt at the beginning of Deshaun's time here"....you joined 4 months ago.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

what handle did you use then because this one is only 4

Aug 23, 2017, 1:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Savage has outplayed him thus far, it's pretty obvious to ]

months old Ace

Wait wait no no

Aug 22, 2017, 7:42 PM

Truth is Deshaun hit 3 and 4th string WRs in the hands and they dropped the balls as savage has got to play with the first team and second string receivers as worst. Let the real bullets fly and Savage won't last. It's ok to Billy boys assz is already on the hot seat. He is going directly against the organization choices and directions. They will be crying Deshaun all season cause what happened the first series against the panthers for Savage is his true colors and he's a slow LARd ### who plays scared unless the other teams starters are being rested for the season. Just my feelings Deshaun had a lot of passes dropped by guys who won't make the cut.

It is clear

Aug 22, 2017, 10:01 PM

that you didn't actually watch either of their preseason games. CRYSTAL CLEAR.

Re: It is clear

Aug 22, 2017, 10:17 PM

Oh yea i did and I saw that Deshaun wasn't with the first team at all. No reps with starters.

Re: It is clear

Aug 22, 2017, 10:22 PM [ in reply to It is clear ]

I watched the first game and what I saw was Nuk Hopkins on the sidelines when Deshaun was on in the game. And there were several catchable balls dropped by WRs and a critical fumble by the TE.

I didn't see the second game so I can't speak to what happened then. Did Deshaun get a chance to work with the first team??

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No he didn't

Aug 22, 2017, 10:25 PM

He never got to work with he ones

Re: No he didn't

Aug 22, 2017, 10:26 PM

The*not he

Screw the Texans just come back to Clemson another year

Aug 22, 2017, 7:47 PM

lol I wish! Nothing again KB. Why draft a guy so high and waste a year of his life. If you are so convinced by a total loser qb.

I can see why OBrien has had QB troubles, "giving DW4 no

Aug 22, 2017, 8:38 PM

chance for game experience." That is really dumb, no matter how good Savage is, QB's get injured, and they need an experienced backup.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did any of y'all watch the games???

Aug 22, 2017, 9:57 PM

Savage has been on fire. Period. Full Stop.

We all love DW4. But he looks like a rookie and Savage looks like he's some sort of Brady clone on steroids. Savage is simply playing better right now... a LOT better.

In retrospect...

Aug 22, 2017, 10:03 PM

It appears that most of you did, in fact, watch the game and came to the same conclusion as me. I kinda knee-jerked there after reading a few posts from people that only recently joined TNet. My bad. Carry on.

oh come on cause you know so much

Aug 22, 2017, 10:30 PM

I hate you guys with the arrogance to be like oh your knew to some fan chat group. Shut up none of us mean anything. Nothing we say means anything. Tnet is devoted people to Clemson that's all I care but this isn't the Mecca of football knowledge. Not trying to pick a fight but if you old tards disagree with anyone your a coot....it's almost like this Antifa crap. I'm capable of having an opinion and #### you for trying to degrade me for it.

So in your scenario you are the Nazi?***

Aug 23, 2017, 1:17 AM

I got a TD for that? Ooooh that's rich***

Aug 23, 2017, 1:05 PM

Just tough love for DW4***

Aug 22, 2017, 10:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just tough love for DW4***

Aug 22, 2017, 10:05 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 12:30 PM

At this point I believe that it is the right call. Even if DW4 was lighting it up and Savage was struggling I would still believe that the best thing for DW4 would be to sit and learn. There have been way too many QBs that were thrown into the fire immediately and had their confidence crushed never to recover.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 6:43 PM

DW4 will be fine with backup role. Great attitude with skill and Texan offense knowledge.
This gives him to gain confidence. Hope he plays well next game.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tom might want to talk to Cole.***

Aug 26, 2017, 6:58 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic