Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW4 rushing and INTs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

DW4 rushing and INTs

Dec 21, 2016, 12:13 AM

Someone earlier theorized that DW4 threw more INTs when he rushed less. In the 6 games where he rushed the least he averaged 1.5 INTs but in the 6 games where he rushed the most he averaged 1.0 INTs for an overall average of 1.25. The difference is more pronounced when you look at overall team rushing. In our team's highest 6 rushing games he averaged only 0.67 INTs but in our lowest team rushing games he averaged 1.83 INTs.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DW4 rushing and INTs

Dec 21, 2016, 4:27 AM

Wow , good to know . Crazy to think that but only stats prove

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 5:57 AM

So I was right.

want a cookie?***

Dec 21, 2016, 9:52 AM

Dec 21, 2016, 7:19 AM

Stands to reason that less we rush the more we pass hence the higher percentage to get an int. I would like to know what percentage per attempt in those games to really conclude the more he ran the better passer he was... r am I missing ur point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2016, 7:26 AM

I know watson has had his share of ints but the one thing about those how many were deflection either from the defense knocking it up in the air or off a wr hands. I can think of around 5.

Int %s

Dec 21, 2016, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: DW4 rushing and INTs ]

That's a good point so I looked at that too.

In the 6 games where DW4 rushed the least he threw 6 INTs out of 230 passes for a rate of 2.6%

In the 6 games where he rushed the most he threw 9 INTs out of 242 passes for a rate of 3.7%

BTW I excluded the SC State from the pool but included the VaTech game for an even 12 games. I did this with all the stats.

I think his INTs for the Pitt game were so high (3) and his rushing so low (5 rushes) that it appeared as some type of trend. In reality, I think two things happened:

* He threw the ball 70 times in that game. As a result, his arm probably tired. If I remember correctly he did have more under-thrown balls.
* We had by far our team's worst rushing performance that game, only rushing an average of 2 yards per carry. DW may have been pressing a little

Dec 21, 2016, 9:50 AM

Watson plays better when he is able to run early and take a couple licks. Seems to put him in the zone. For you guys who played ball or have been in fights this should ring true. Getting popped once or twice gets the juices going real nice. Takes the edge/anxiety off of you will.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic