Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DW4 not running
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,529

DW4 not running

Nov 14, 2016, 1:29 PM

Talk on WCCP is about 4 not running as much. I agree. I even agree that some of that is due to protect him from injury. My question is are the coaches moving away from the spread with dual threat QB or are they using this as a recruiting tactic for Trevor Lawrence? Trying to show him you can throw it here without having to run also.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's highly likely that our coaches have changed our

Nov 14, 2016, 1:34 PM

offensive game plan in order to recruit a HS QB. That absolutely sounds like something Clemson would do in the midst of a championship run.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I think it's highly likely that our coaches have changed our

Nov 14, 2016, 1:45 PM

i smell a hint of sarcasm. nicely done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2016, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I think it's highly likely that our coaches have changed our ]

$$@@##

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Nov 14, 2016, 1:55 PM [ in reply to I think it's highly likely that our coaches have changed our ]

To be fair TL is not just HS QB and it's obvious the O does rather well without having our QB running all of the time. If it's that's not a factor then we're back to him not running as much to protect him because our backup QBs suck or does he have an eye on the NFL?

Nov 14, 2016, 2:02 PM

you type like a coot....

he has a bruise on his throwing shoulder....why would you risk getting your all world qb hurt on qb runs??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Nov 14, 2016, 2:33 PM

Coot? funny. If he's hurt then he shouldn't be in the game. I'm not referring to just the Pitt game. Dani has stated in the past that they run the offense as designed. If that is still the case then the offense has changed. 4 isn't running this year like last year. I'm just asking what the reason is. I hope it's not because he's looking at the NFL although I don't blame him if that's the reason.

Nov 14, 2016, 2:36 PM

who daphuck is Dani??

And why would the coaches change their scheme if their qb is looking ahead?? They call the plays, not the qb....

There's also a huge difference in being limited in what you can do(no qb runs) and not being able to play at all(he put up record passing numbers)...

again you sound like a coot, as you have "suggested" on multiple occasions now that DW4 is looking ahead to the NFL instead of playing to his ability now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

Nov 14, 2016, 2:39 PM

Dabo. Autocorrect. I'm asking. I'm not a coot as you suggest. I'm not suggesting he is but if I were I would not be the only one. Why do you think the offense has changed this year then?

Nov 14, 2016, 2:42 PM

Through 10 games last year he averaged 10.8 carries per game...

Through 10 games this year he has averaged 10 carries per game...

The offense hasn't changed. HTH

Nov 14, 2016, 2:45 PM

I'm wrong then. Just seems like he was running more at the end of last year into the NC game. I know he wasn't running early because of his knee but they were running the ball then too. At least attempting to run early and devoloped a strong run game complimented by 4 once he started running late.

Nov 14, 2016, 2:48 PM

he ran the ball an average of 22.25 times a game the last 4 games of the season last year.

We ran it so much because we were having success with it. We have not been able to establish that success this year. When something isn't working as planned you tweak it or do something else.

Nov 14, 2016, 3:03 PM

Alright. That answers my question. No need to label me a coot so quick when I'm just asking a question. I understand it's a bit out there but it was a thought I had.

Re: DW4 not running***

Nov 14, 2016, 1:35 PM

We didnt need to run at all vs Pitt. We should have thrown

Nov 14, 2016, 1:45 PM

every down...we would have won by 30.

Not sure about that, it would have gotten their shovel pass

Nov 14, 2016, 1:48 PM

attack back out on the field that much faster.

Lutz, thrown every down and we

Nov 14, 2016, 1:51 PM [ in reply to We didnt need to run at all vs Pitt. We should have thrown ]

would have had 5 interceptions not 3.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We should have thrown every down.

Nov 14, 2016, 2:00 PM [ in reply to We didnt need to run at all vs Pitt. We should have thrown ]

I was saying that in the first quarter. It was ridiculous how far the Pitt secondary was playing off the line of scrimmage.

Their corners had a huge buffer almost the entire

Nov 14, 2016, 2:07 PM

game. And anytime they'd move up, we'd go deep. DeShaun threw 70 times supposedly with a hurt shoulder and set an ACC record for passing yardage....I'm not sure why we needed to run more anyhow

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Eat clock I guess, that game seemed to last forever.***

Nov 14, 2016, 2:09 PM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,529
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic