Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question for anyone in the know...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Question for anyone in the know...

Oct 31, 2019, 3:38 PM

...hoping maybe some structural engineers may be able to answer this for me.

It is clear we need new lights in DV and I know we are scheduled to upgrade to LED lights in 2021. My questions is why does DV not have lights above the Upper Decks? Is it a structural issue? Or, is there some other reason? Just seems like most stadiums put their lights on the upper decks and we chose not to do that for whatever reasons. I really love the look of the lights on top of the Upper Deck where the Titans play. I think lights on the upper decks at DV with orange or purple accents would look good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

Well...

Oct 31, 2019, 3:48 PM

Death Valley didn't even have permanent lights until the late 80's or early 90's well after both upper decks were built. The University would rent portable lights.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Well...

Oct 31, 2019, 3:52 PM

BigCUFan® said:

Death Valley didn't even have permanent lights until the late 80's or early 90's well after both upper decks were built. The University would rent portable lights.

Yes sir, I was aware of that. I was aware of the portable lights in the past that they would rent for televised games. However, when they decided to install more permanent lights, why wasn't the upper decks considered? During night games it looks odd, it is so dark in the upper corners. Looks bare. I know they used to have flood lights in the upper decks but just curious as to why no permanent fixtures like most stadiums?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Men at 25 play football. Men at 40 play tennis. Men at 60 play golf. Have you noticed as men get older their balls get smaller.

When I sit in the upper deck I'm glad I don't have super

Oct 31, 2019, 5:04 PM

bright lights at my back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When I sit in the upper deck I'm glad I don't have super

Oct 31, 2019, 5:43 PM

Great point. Never want to be back-lit or on a skyline.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I went to night games there

Oct 31, 2019, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Well... ]

in the time period of 1948, 49 and 50.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question for anyone in the know...

Oct 31, 2019, 3:52 PM

too busy building trophy cases....

Oct 31, 2019, 3:54 PM

FutureDoc said:

too busy building trophy cases....

Ummm, okay.

Oct 31, 2019, 3:58 PM

the LED lights are more energy efficient, and can change colors. See bama's stadium

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXmc-qfGgHk

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2019, 4:12 PM

Maybe because they couldn't find some fool who would be willing to climb the tower to replace a bulb every time one goes out!

Oct 31, 2019, 4:17 PM

leftie said:

Maybe because they couldn't find some fool who would be willing to climb the tower to replace a bulb every time one goes out!

As opposed to the light towers now that are just as high as the upper decks? Makes no sense.

DV is trying to upgrade the lighting system...

Oct 31, 2019, 4:21 PM

but apparently not enough people have downloaded the Clemson Lights app.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DV is trying to upgrade the lighting system...

Oct 31, 2019, 9:12 PM

Downloaded the app but it won't sync with the stadium.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Top deck south was built in 1978...

Oct 31, 2019, 10:19 PM

...top deck north was built in summer of 1983. Those light poles didn't go in until 1984 as I recall. And I recall that the appearance of them many thought they were semi-temporary but apparently are permanent.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 31, 2019, 10:27 PM

Now that there's a Harbor Freight in Anderson and you can easily download a 20% off coupon seems they would just ride over and buy some.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic