Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DOW 26,441...thanks DJT economy!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 387

DOW 26,441...thanks DJT economy!

Sep 19, 2018, 12:02 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

disagree

Sep 19, 2018, 12:22 PM

Obama plan finally kicking in

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Personally, I think it is inversely related to the number of

Sep 19, 2018, 12:30 PM
ARRRRGGHH.png(63.2 K)

pirate attacks.

O was, without a doubt, an uncontestable genius.

Sep 19, 2018, 12:42 PM [ in reply to disagree ]

He planned on effing stuff up so much that someone with the radical concept that cutting taxes, lowering or removing regulations and renegotiating trade deals would stimulate the economy so much that unemployment would drop below 4%, the GDP would rise above that level and confidence in the future would skyrocket among consumers and businesses.

We should send O a Christmas card and let him know how we feel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My tractor is still broken. You got time today?***

Sep 19, 2018, 12:44 PM

Just buy a new one man. If not, can I have your box scrape?***

Sep 19, 2018, 12:44 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I been thinking about it but new babby and new car.

Sep 19, 2018, 12:47 PM

Almost convinced myself this morning to sell used tractor and use money as down payment + first year payments and I would be able to afford it by then.

You going to have time to work on the old tractor with a

Sep 19, 2018, 1:07 PM

new babby? What size you looking at? Sometimes I wish I would have bumped up to a B seres Kubota.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely not....I normally pay someone to work on it

Sep 19, 2018, 1:12 PM

I did manage to fix the fuel issue after two tank cleanings + fuel treatment.

I kinda like this one, but not sold on any brand (38 hp):

https://www.agprocompanies.com/specials/tractor-packages/(2017)-3038e-compact-tractor-loader-middlebuster

This one just happens to be 4 miles from my house

or 37 actually and hydrostatic....don't know if I want hydro***

Sep 19, 2018, 1:13 PM

I think the Massey's are the best bang for your buck

Sep 19, 2018, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Definitely not....I normally pay someone to work on it ]

Just have to drive to Westminster for a dealer. That kind of killed it for me. Kubota was almost $3k less than the John Deere I looked at.

I don't trust that the Kioti dealer in Anderson will be there for a very long time. Mahindra didn't make it very long in Seneca. But last time I rode through they did have a couple bigger tractors still out there, I bet they'd be willing to deal. Just have to put up with that terrible color.

I ended up buying an old JD 755.

Sep 19, 2018, 1:45 PM
IMG_1122.jpg(227.8 K)

2WD, turf tires, hydro, 20hp diesel, less than 600 hrs. Got it with a like-new box blade and brand new rear blade. Haven't done any work with it yet, just tinkered with it some, turned the rear wheels around for wider track. May work on the driveway later today.
So I ended up with a really nice older JD425 super garden tractor and an OK compact tractor, both way better than what I had, but way less $ than the new subcompacts I was looking at. I don't mind working on them so long as they don't turn into money pits.
Freak thing, clutch broke on my old tractor the day I got this one home. Sold it as-is.

Message was edited by: NoIntroduction®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that Countyline box blade pretty robust?

Sep 19, 2018, 2:09 PM

I'm looking at that one or the Nortrac at Northern Tool. Box blades seem really expensive for what they are.

yes, it weighs a ton. A lot of the cost is shipping

Sep 19, 2018, 2:52 PM

it's a 5 foot, which is probably all my tractor could stand. I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of them used. This one has a little of the paint scuffed out inside, and the rippers have never been used.

The new rear blade is Land Pride, and the blade can be offset from side to, like for clearing out a ditch.

I need to find out about getting the tires loaded with beet juice. I've used RV antifreeze, but it gets pricey for those size tires.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably would be ok, but I did have a couple of people warn

Sep 19, 2018, 3:18 PM

me about ballasting turf tires because of the increased likelihood of a puncture.

I've had 2 mowers and a tractor with loaded turf tires.

Sep 19, 2018, 3:31 PM

No problems ever in many years. But punctures are a reason you shouldn't use regular antifreeze, you could poison pets. I like it because it's a lot of weight, down low, and out of the way. No bumping your legs on suitcase weights.

If it's good enough for Danny Ford, it's good enough for me***

Sep 19, 2018, 1:48 PM [ in reply to I think the Massey's are the best bang for your buck ]

Yeah, but I'm not inclined to work today.

Sep 19, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to My tractor is still broken. You got time today?*** ]

I seem to remember a fuel blockage issue, is that correct?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Corrected that issue with two tank rinses and algae treatmen

Sep 19, 2018, 1:54 PM

t. Was running great, got it in some tough places while bush hogging and it started clicking. Then shut off. After turning the key a couple times, started again.

Was almost out of the woods, shut down, sprayed wasps, hopped back on and nothing happened on the turn key. Had to pull it out with 4WD to where it currently sits in front of the house.

I think I pulled a random wire loose while bush hogging, but can't find nothing. Had someone come by to look at it and he couldn't figure it out. Waiting on him to return with the wiring diagram.

TLDR: Loose wire somewhere not letting it start

Start with the basics.

Sep 19, 2018, 2:10 PM

I'm assuming you know the battery is hot and have verified it with more than feels, right?

Check wires on the battery hot and ground battery first. Anything with a continuity tester on it works. Check ground strap from engine to body/frame. This is a big deal. Grounds have fooled plenty of seasoned mechanics. If it's a bolt on type ground strap remove the bolt and clean all surfaces with a steel wire brush.

Check the wiring to the ignition switch. My guess is that if the starter solenoid clicks the fuse to on the ignition wiring is probably good. If there's a relay then remove it and look for physical deformities or spots that show that it's been hot.

I'd rather deal with an engine which won't turn over than one that doesn't run right. The method and tools to figure it out are much simpler and there's much less money wasted changing parts.

I think I was successful on two of those checks

Sep 19, 2018, 2:46 PM

Just to be certain, I put another battery on it.

I may have to check the ground like your saying.

The wire to the ignition has fooled me before....it was actually pulled loose from the starter by a small tree a couple years ago. It does "click" when the key is turned to on though.

My heart says it's a pto wire or some other safety feature. Will def look at the ground again though.

Safety features are next on the list.

Sep 19, 2018, 3:41 PM

However, a lockout from a PTO safety feature wouldn't or shouldn't allow the ignition to send a signal to the starter's solenoid. Which makes me wonder if the source of the clicking is elsewhere.

Does the clicking come from the starter or not. It shouldn't be that difficult to know the source of the click if you get someone to turn the key while you investigate.

If you're confused about the exact location of the click the quick and easy is a small hose or tube which fits inside your ear canal and is long enough for the other end to stick close to the starter, ignition switch and anything else you might want to examine.

If you jumped the starter straight off of the aux battery and grounded the negative side of that battery to the starter body it should turn the battery. If it clicks then cease your search and remove the starter, deliver it to a shop which you know will rebuild the starter and find yourself a replacement for the solenoid to bring with you when you find a good shop.

A good shop is better, imo, than a reman from Tawian or China.

If you want my attention quick I'll tmail my information to you for calls or emails. I don't expect to sleep before 11PM or midnight usually.

To be clear

Sep 19, 2018, 4:09 PM

I am a ####### idiot when it comes to anything mechanical/electrical. I probably couldn't follow a simple list of instructions. I've hired a guy named Joe who has dedicated 90 minutes without results. Joe found the schematic and thinks he can fix it when he can come by again. I just hope Joe can make it this week cuz I need to start plowing pretty soon.

Every day that passes a new tractor is more and more tempting. One problem though is Wife of thinks I spend too much already (and she has every right to think that).

I appreciate the comments.

Gimme a holler if he gives up.***

Sep 19, 2018, 4:20 PM

I think it's probably one of three things.

Sep 19, 2018, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Corrected that issue with two tank rinses and algae treatmen ]

Air issue

Fuel Issue

Spark Issue

Hope that helps narrow it down a little.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It just clicked when he tried the starter.

Sep 19, 2018, 2:41 PM

All you left off for a complete evaluation of an engine problem was compression.

I'm with the guy looking for the factory wiring technical drawings but I think I can handle most 'won't turnover,' without ele schematics.

It's not rocket science how to improve the economy

Sep 20, 2018, 3:08 PM [ in reply to O was, without a doubt, an uncontestable genius. ]

It is closer to rocket science, however, understanding how improving the economy can lead to our total bankruptcy and economic destruction.

We have crappy trade deals for a reason. We have spent decades giving a wink and a nod to illegal immigration for a reason. We enact onerous regulations for a reason. Our economic policies are geared to stagnating the economy and not expanding it....for a reason.

I'm getting more and more nervous the more and more good news I hear. The efforts to remove Trump are so onerous because his danger to the nation is in improving the economy. That does two things. First, it will illustrate how poorly our economic policies have been for a very long time. But, it will eventually expose the debt problems we have. Credit cards. Housing. College tuition. Federal government debt. To run successfully on the monetization of debt, one thing must NOT happen. Significant growth. Specifically, income. You can have stock growth. You can have investment growth. You can have housing growth. You can have all kinds of growth, as long as it is not earned money in people's pockets. That's where you run into problems.

Just think, collectively, how long we all have to work to pay our debts. Federal government debt is well over 100% of GDP now. So we all work a year and change to repay that. THEN think about your house, your car, your college loans, your credit cards, etc. Long ago they lowered interest rates to make debt easy to service. The thinking was it would create economic growth. It did, but that was tampered by very purposeful policies designed to allow the growth to continue on cheap debt. 10% or around there is the magic number. We've had inflation in that area many times before. But at no time before have we had 10% inflation when we were so over-leveraged with debt. 10% inflation turns that debt "asset" into a huge liability. The 2008 financial crisis was due to bad loans/toxic debt/etc. That debt became a liability when lenders realized they could never be paid back what they had loaned people. What's coming is very different. It's not based on bad loans, but on the dollar and our currency. At 10% inflation, what has always been considered safe debt, and as such an asset, will become a crippling liability.

Bottom line is people can not have more money in their pockets. Wages can not rise rapidly. Production can not rise rapidly. 10% inflation puts half our revenue used to service our debt. That does not leave enough for discretionary spending and entitlements. It just doesn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

Sep 19, 2018, 12:45 PM

It's either a booming economy, or a five star basketball recruit.

BUT NOT BOTH.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apparently, we'll have to go with the booming economy then..***

Sep 19, 2018, 1:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

if I’m hearing you correctly, you’re saying

Sep 19, 2018, 1:34 PM [ in reply to YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. ]

Obama was the Milton Jennings of Presidents?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually only one of those has any chance of ever happening.

Sep 19, 2018, 1:47 PM [ in reply to YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. ]

I'm good wit a booming economy.

Whasa basketball?***

Sep 19, 2018, 1:52 PM [ in reply to YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. ]

Replies: 31
| visibility 387
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic