Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DJU starting next week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

DJU starting next week

Nov 1, 2020, 8:17 AM

what do you think boys and gals? First thoughts?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More worried about the defense and who is playing

Nov 1, 2020, 8:19 AM

we need Davis and Jones back at least. I doubt Skalski will be there.

We cannot spot ND points like we did yesterday, and I don't think we will.

That being said, probably a must win game for ND not us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop the run, stop the Irish.

Nov 1, 2020, 10:53 AM

Purty simple.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

With a game under his belt and a full week

Nov 1, 2020, 8:32 AM

of practice with the 1s (well not quite full because they get Tuesday off and Friday is a travel day)
DJ will have more of the playbook to work with. After watching ND yesterday, I think we can run on them, especially if DJ throws a couple of 50 yarders early.

Like G I’m worried about stopping Book early. That guy yesterday wasn’t good enough to play at ND and he was pretty darn good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

I agree with this...

Nov 1, 2020, 10:01 AM

I’m not downplaying ND, they are good. We will have to play well.

ND might be top 10, but not top 4.

I’m amazed at how good DJs numbers were, he seemed quite uncomfortable. I think that will be much better this week...and at 6’4” 250 lbs I am surprised at how little we used designed QB runs. I think we’ll see more of that Saturday.

The intangible is ND will be pumped. This is the date they’ve had marked on their calendar. It better be as important to us as it is for them. That’s the problem with being the top dog.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo said he was still hurting and that limited his running

Nov 1, 2020, 10:26 AM

and we definitely need his arm more than his feet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surrender to the flow

Nov 1, 2020, 8:39 AM

Is it an ideal situation? No
Can we make it happen? Absolutely
Is it life altering if we lose? Nope, it’s just a game

The left lane is for passing, if you aren’t passing stay out of the left lane

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DJU starting next week

Nov 1, 2020, 8:53 AM

DJ will be just fine, I have far more worries about our running game. I acknowledge that the late touchdown was a run between the tackles, but plays like that have been the outliers. Our interior line is creating just absolutely nothing for ETN to work with. Any successful runs are when he bounces them outside, or it's a designed counter or off-tackle play. I expect we'll get stuffed at the end of drives and have to kick 2-3 field goals.

I actually think we match up pretty well with Notre Dame. Strength on strength, their running game vs our run defense, I actually like us there. Honestly, the guy yesterday got lucky on a lot of those throws. We would have a player bearing down, he would toss it up into space and a player would just happen to get under it. Book does that, and I think we should expect an INT or two.

It'll be close and relatively low scoring, I'm thinking 27-20, 23-13 or something like that. There's no line on the game yet but I expect to see us -3.5. If its any less than 7 I'd take us, and unless it's something stupid low I'm taking the under.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 1, 2020, 9:14 AM

I have far more worries with our secondary. We got exposed from the starting gate. I had to meet a coworker and grab some stuff, so I missed some of the second half, not sure how we adjusted or we just woke up, but my lord we looked like TL Hannah playing the Patriots in the First quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Predict line will be -6.***

Nov 1, 2020, 11:04 AM [ in reply to Re: DJU starting next week ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tyler Davis is the key.

Nov 1, 2020, 9:04 AM

It's amazing how much we miss him. Unfortunate that XT will miss the first half. On a positive note, we didn't see any Ladson drops yesterday. But seriously, we won't see the funk that we saw yesterday in the first half.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whole team needs to remotivate IMO

Nov 1, 2020, 9:25 AM

They just seemed flat coming out against BC. DJ did great though and we got it together. But we need to come out more motivated IMO vs ND. Defense looked uncharacteristically less aggressive early on.

Hoping this was our off game for the year. We always seem to have one.

No TL is an issue but not for his absence I'd say we roll over ND. Should be a good game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One thing I noticed

Nov 1, 2020, 10:05 AM

First game all season with no high snaps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: One thing I noticed

Nov 2, 2020, 9:14 AM

I thought I saw one late in the fourth quarter.

Nov 2, 2020, 9:21 AM

Call me crazy, but I think we win comfortably (7-14 points). We match up very well with Notre Dame. They don't have a real deep threat or playmaker at wide receiver and our run defense is good. Motivation won't be a problem. Plus, we have ETN. Feed him and make ND pay.

There were a few times when you could tell DJ was a true freshman: the high handoff to ETN causing the fumble, the two point conversion delay of game, etc. But he played well over all and with a week to prepare, I think he will look even better.

Our defense locked BC down after the first two drives. There were some fluky plays that made the BC game closer than it should have been: the 14 point swing on the scoop and score, the crazy juggling TD catch by BC, two INTs called back for penalties, the offsides on fourth down which should have been a snap infraction on BC, etc.

This is assuming Mike Jones and, especially, Tyler Davis come back.

Do this mean Cornell Powell starting too?

Nov 2, 2020, 9:24 AM

Is he the prohibitive favorite target now of DJU?

Were Obed® and I wrong that it should be next man up on Powell (I think it was Obed who said that).

Is #dickfingers benched now?

Is Ngatten on the field this year ever gonna come back?

he needs to spend a day practicing

Nov 2, 2020, 10:34 AM

not over-throwing to the left side

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic