Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
DJ Howard
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

DJ Howard

Jun 14, 2014, 1:19 PM

I don't know if he will be able to carry the rock for us this year. Something about his running style is different and not extremely violent. Anybody got any faith in this guy? if so I would like to hear some good things. Only seen him play here and their but never a substantial amount of time.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great kid, but runs hunched over and weakly

Jun 14, 2014, 1:27 PM

He had that one really good game against Auburn, but he's looked very "meh" since. I hope he gets it figured out and wish him the best, but I'd like to see some of these other studs step up and produce.

Hunched over??

Jun 14, 2014, 1:50 PM

You must be thinking of someone else. Howard has looked very good at times, and he's shown the ability to get yards after contact. His main problem has been running too upright; not lowering his shoulders enough. I hope the coaches have been working with him on that. I've always thought he could be a good player for us with more development.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hunched over??

Jun 14, 2014, 1:55 PM

This is more accurate. I always thought Howard ran too upright. +1

Check the Spring Game and ask TJ Green about it. Ouch!***

Jun 14, 2014, 2:20 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep - Howard runs very upright. An unusual running style

Jun 14, 2014, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Hunched over?? ]

with short, choppy steps; looks really stiff. I will say this though, he runs extremely hard and has still looked good at times.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: DJ Howard

Jun 14, 2014, 1:47 PM

in all fairness he was injured most of last year. He looks a lot bigger and stronger, but he should have been a safety, not a RB.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think if he spends 1 day with the

Jun 14, 2014, 2:12 PM

Track team, he would be a stronger runner. IMO he just needs to get his knees up higher when he runs. This will keep him from being too upright, make him faster and also give him more power in the trenches. The one hesitation is ball security. Once you get comfortable carrying the ball one way, it's really tough to be confident and consistent with another position when under pressure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I always wish all our guys the best and...

Jun 14, 2014, 2:23 PM

Its good to see seniors finish strong but as a team I just want to see 200 yes per game average. This will help our qb and receivers as well as our defense. Our defense is going to be great anyway but if we can sustain drives on offense they will have a chance of having a special year. Cant wait.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Whomever and how ever. With the variety of sets,

Jun 14, 2014, 2:32 PM

Morris can go from power to speed in one play. I'm really waiting to see how much of a chance Fleming gets....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep..noticed he runs too high IMO & can be cut down easily..

Jun 14, 2014, 2:33 PM [ in reply to I always wish all our guys the best and... ]

Or be hurt or fumble. However, he does seem to have a sense for the open lane available and is pretty fast.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was nicked up last year. I expect a different this year.***

Jun 14, 2014, 2:37 PM

He is not a natural RB

Jun 14, 2014, 2:41 PM

Staff should have moved him to defense years ago

Re: He is not a natural RB

Jun 14, 2014, 3:15 PM

While I agree with your first statement, not sure he is athletic enough to play defense either. I'm sure he is a great young man (and I wish him the very best) but he was a marginal take at the time and our recruiting has improved our overall talent to the point he should be playing somewhere else. He has the lowest ceiling of all the RB's on our roster. More of a mid-major type player than where we are right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point

Jun 14, 2014, 3:50 PM

I got me thinking... I would bet more on Brooks, Wayne, dye(if avail), and CJ. Which just shows where we are from a RB corp this year. I just hope a couple of them separate themselves from the pack. I think we could possibly see 2 1k yrd rushers with the number of plays we have a game and I we are more run heavy... Could be fun!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good point

Jun 14, 2014, 4:16 PM

Hard to have two RB with 1000+ yards but if that happens, with our Def this year, we should run the table. RB situation will likely be by committee but we have a lot of numbers and talent at that position. If someone can separate from this skilled and versatile pack, we will have a truly elite RB.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DJ Howard

Jun 14, 2014, 4:47 PM

Right off, and this is just my own opinion. For what that's worth. With Howard, 2 things (or any of the backs)
-Can he hold onto the FB
-Can he protect the QB

Ya gotta believe, to start with. Its RB by committee. IMO,the 2 most talented backs are:
Gallman and Dye.

Brooks may the best hands, and runs hard. But is probably more of a short distance back.

And with Davidson, all we know is what we "hear" in practice. Is he durable enough for that matter.

For now, hard to see Choice avoiding a RS.

So,for now...your start with Howard and go from there.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic