Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Carlos Hyde, Braxton Miller to challenge Clemson's defense
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,040

Front Page Story: Carlos Hyde, Braxton Miller to challenge Clemson's defense

Dec 12, 2013, 6:21 PM

Carlos Hyde, Braxton Miller to challenge Clemson's defense

Ohio St. features two 1,000-yard rushers in Braxton Miller and Carlos Hyde, and the duo figures to be a challenge for Clemson's defense. What does Grady Jarett say about Miller, and how he compares to Connor Shaw? Trevor_Ruszkowski-USA TODAY Sports Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly the kind of RB i wish we had on the roster***

Dec 12, 2013, 9:36 PM

amen...i'd take Carlos Hyde and Andre Williams over any

Dec 12, 2013, 10:12 PM

back in the nation, including Gurley. They are the two most NFL ready backs in the nation.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No way

Dec 12, 2013, 10:18 PM

Gurley has more top end speed than either of those two. The problem with the power back is that they get through the hole better but get caught from behind in the secondary. Gurley and Mason both have the ability to seperate and change direction quickly while still carrying a lot of weight. I'll take those two before Hyde for sure and maybe Williams too.

Re: No way

Dec 14, 2013, 11:37 AM

It's not that I can disagree. I think that the running back should match the system. With that said, you need both. You need a guy capable of getting short yardage and being able to break a long one. It is what made Emmitt Smith such a great back. He wasn't going to out run you. He was going to get the yards you need.

I prefer we get some "violent" running backs. That is what makes Gurley special. He is violent. He isn't going to let one guy take him down and you can't just arm tackle him. You have to wrap up and wait for help. I don't think Carlos Hyde is that back nor was Andre Williams.

Finally, I don't know if you noticed, but Dye, Gallman, and Brooks are those types of runners. Violent, can juke the hole not just open spaces and get the necessary yards after contact. And with Dye and Gallman having the entire season to get bigger, better, faster, stronger, they will be just as servicable as Gurley, Williams, or Hyde.

Re: Front Page Story: Carlos Hyde, Braxton Miller to challenge Clemson's defense

Dec 12, 2013, 11:00 PM

worried bout our young safeties taking bad angles and big chunk plays on the ground….

hope wiggins gets a lot of PT, esp near the line of scrimmage….seems solid and cerebral enough to read plays

Re: Front Page Story: Carlos Hyde, Braxton Miller to challenge Clemson's defense

Dec 12, 2013, 11:09 PM

Carlos Hyde is a triceratops.

Part of the reason we've lost 5 to the chickens

Dec 13, 2013, 8:31 AM

I feel like our coaching staff and players never respected Conner shaws speed. Maybe bc he is white? I think they will be better prepared for Miller but a shame we could never game plan for shaw whether it be stereotype or stupidity

Got To Bring The Thunder.....Because Carlos Hyde Will ----

Dec 13, 2013, 9:18 AM

Carlos Hyde is one running back that is flat out
NFL ready since this season started. Miller is just
so slick but he can get rattled a bit. Miller's back
up Guyton, is more poised than Miller. Our defense MUST
be disciplined ALL GAME LONG. If Clemson can come close
to compltely shutting down Miller and Hyde,...they
will panic and fall.

Ohio State is going to be similar to Chickenlina and
Boston College. So we are going to have to be quick
and most of all physical.

Re: Part of the reason we've lost 5 to the chickens

Dec 14, 2013, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Part of the reason we've lost 5 to the chickens ]

You do realize that part of the advantage of having a running QB is that you have to account for the "11th" man. What happen against South Carolina was more of not accounting for the 11th man. The race of the player has nothing to do with bad defensive performances. Two years ago, C.J. Brown (white kid) of Maryland was torching our defense too. The year before that it was a young EJ Manuel from FSU. Interesting enough, the QBs mentioned gave other teams fits too. So did our own Tajh Boyd and he was taught how to be mobile (recruited as a Pocket Passer, true story!!!)

The whole premise of a running QB is to be a match-up nightmare. The only way you neutralize it is good ball control and accounting for it. In any of those cases, we did not do that.

Dec 13, 2013, 10:42 AM

Having played against Andre Williams already this season helps in preparation for the big back of Hyde. We did a pretty solid job against Williams, the diff is having a guy like Miller back their with him. First attempt tackling is a must and not over pursue on the ends.

DEs must keep Miller in pocket, make him beat us w/ his arm.

Dec 13, 2013, 2:02 PM

If our DE's get too deep in an attempt to fly around the outside of the tackles to sack Miller, he'll kill us with scrambles and designed runs. Load the box. Hold the pocket, and make him beat us with his arm. I'd pick that poison. He's not as good of a passer as Shaw.

Agreed. I'd also put Kearse as a spy on blitzing downs

Dec 13, 2013, 2:06 PM

And tell him to lay the wood if Miller ever leaves the pocket.

Hyde doesn't scare me ... At all

Dec 13, 2013, 6:35 PM

It's Braxton Miller that does. Y'all thought Shaw was a mobile QB and could kill you with his feet, wait until you see this guy.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

That's because you're not the one tackling him!***

Dec 13, 2013, 7:25 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 2,040
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic